Dungey | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey

The under throw wasn't the biggest problem on the play. He never saw the the safety playing center field. The play really never had a chance and that's why the blown off sides penalty was huge.

IMO, ED doesn't attempt that throw if he doesn't believe he had a free play.
If you rewatch the play a receiver ran the wrong route also

Without the obvious offsides, without the under throw, and without the interception, then you don't have the fighting off two blocks to make the touchdown saving tackle and the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. There is now no doubt who is the leader of this team, and there isn't a player on SU that won't lay it all out there for ED going forward.

You guys are right. Dungey probably thought "It's a free play so I think I'll underthrow it."
Did you see him throw it. He didn't try to throw it very hard. If he didn't realize he was going that short, it was just a really crappy throw.

Did he explain what he was thinking on the throw? I liked the hustle, toughness and all that happened after, but the decision to make that throw was mind boggling. Did he think it was a free play? AT the time I was not pleased in giving up points (though our kicking game is never a sure thing) and providing easy points to a team that can''t score.

Reason 1,367,892 why Dino Babers is the right man for this job

Watch HCDB explain the matter. This same play has netted 5 or 6 scores. Play the odds and take the good with the bad.

Did you see him throw it. He didn't try to throw it very hard. If he didn't realize he was going that short, it was just a really crappy throw.
You're right! I see the light! He was thinking "Maybe if I throw an interception, I'll get a chance to pommel the guy that catches it!"

You're right! I see the light! He was thinking "Maybe if I throw an interception, I'll get a chance to pommel the guy that catches it!"
Dude all I'm saying is it was a bad throw, free play or not. If you throw it there, put it where the reciever can make a play on it. Our guy never had a chance.

He just threw it up as a hail mary, probably negatively impacted by the wind/rain. Anyway, the way he ran down the dude was awesome and the lack of an offsides call definitely inspired him to slam him down. Also, I believe the same guy pile drived Dungey later in the game and ED just jumped back up and mouthed off to his face. Love his attitude, just hope it doesn't lead to another late hit injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom