East Coast Jobs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

East Coast Jobs

He's in Southern VT. You could try Bennington College, College of St. Joseph's (my sister's alma mater), Green Mountain College, Southern Vermont College, and Marlboro College.

If you moved up here closer to me you could try UVM (ha!) or Champlain College. I know a half-dozen people who work at Champlain so I could grease the skids there if like. Or you could try Norwich. That would appeal to the former Army boy you are.

If I had my choice of where to live in VT it would be near Burlington. That said, there is also Castleton College to look into. About 15 minutes south of where I live.

If I had my choice of where to live in VT it would be near Burlington. That said, there is also Castleton College to look into. About 15 minutes south of where I live.

Gotta be a research university. I'll start looking around during lunch

Man, applying for jobs sucks... I've never had to do this before lol. Got offered a job right out of the Army, and was handed this Grants job at the U... I've applied to at least 15 universities over the last couple days. I wish it was as easy as just uploading my resume and cover letter, lol. They make you type the same information over and over and over each time you apply. Ughh. lol

Man, applying for jobs sucks... I've never had to do this before lol. Got offered a job right out of the Army, and was handed this Grants job at the U... I've applied to at least 15 universities over the last couple days. I wish it was as easy as just uploading my resume and cover letter, lol. They make you type the same information over and over and over each time you apply. Ughh. lol
<ctrl> c <ctrl> v

:D

<ctrl> c <ctrl> v

:D

lol I wish it was that easy.

there are jobs out there, I just need someone to give me a shot. I have a couple good letters of reference from some of the Professors that I manage grants for. Hopefully that will help

Big things in the works for Cusetroop.. Looking like I could either end up in Syracuse, or Boston...

The job in Boston fits right in with what I'm doing now, which is awesome.
The job in Syracuse is a totally different career path, which is a little scary.

Unless one of the other 30 schools I applied at gets a hold of me, these are my two choices.

Big things in the works for Cusetroop.. Looking like I could either end up in Syracuse, or Boston...

The job in Boston fits right in with what I'm doing now, which is awesome.
The job in Syracuse is a totally different career path, which is a little scary.

Unless one of the other 30 schools I applied at gets a hold of me, these are my two choices.

Boston is super expensive...but a cool city for those in their 20s and 30s. You would have more support in Syracuse and it is affordable but salaries are lower. Where do you see yourself raising a family?

Boston is super expensive...but a cool city for those in their 20s and 30s. You would have more support in Syracuse and it is affordable but salaries are lower. Where do you see yourself raising a family?
Wait...you're encouraging him to have children???? If so, he should stay in Alaska so the patrons at the Red Fox can babysit. ;)

Seriously though, as TX Mark says, the city is expensive. You can find something in the burbs that's affordable, though. Depends on where you want to live.

I could live anywhere. I looked at places to live in Boston, and it seems comparable to here. They way they were talking, I'd be making a little more money.

Syracuse would be amazing, but I'd have to change job fields, and I might not make near what I make now.

This is all so crazy

I could live anywhere. I looked at places to live in Boston, and it seems comparable to here. They way they were talking, I'd be making a little more money.

Syracuse would be amazing, but I'd have to change job fields, and I might not make near what I make now.

This is all so crazy
Change is good, but change is scary. I get it. But don't let that be a part of your decision. Even though they may seem obvious, here are a few points to consider:

• Staying in the same field is easier, and as you say, can be financially rewarding. Employers love experience
  • Changing fields is easier (and doesn't look as confusing to an employer on a resume) when you are young
  • Big cities (and 'known' employers/universities) are better for networking and finding that next position; smaller cities are the opposite
  • Cost of living is lower in smaller cities; the opposite of big cities
  • Loving what you do and doing what you love should be the first consideration, all other things equal
  • Make sure your wife is totally on board with whatever decision you make
  • In Syracuse, you'd never miss a game! It shouldn't be your prime consideration, but it can factor in
Best of luck in your decision. Talk it out with whomever you trust. Don't make a hasty decision if you don't have to. Let me know if you want to chat.

Change is good, but change is scary. I get it. But don't let that be a part of your decision. Even though they may seem obvious, here are a few points to consider:

• Staying in the same field is easier, and as you say, can be financially rewarding. Employers love experience
  • Changing fields is easier (and doesn't look as confusing to an employer on a resume) when you are young
  • Big cities (and 'known' employers/universities) are better for networking and finding that next position; smaller cities are the opposite
  • Loving what you do and doing what you love should be the first consideration, all other things equal
  • In Syracuse, you'd never miss a game! It shouldn't be your prime consideration, but it can factor in
Best of luck in your decision. Talk it out with whomever you trust. Don't make a hasty decision if you don't have to. Let me know if you want to chat.

Thanks man!

any resume experts out there? A job I have a line on in Boston has a very specific resume they want, and I know nothing about resumes. I always thought mine was pretty decent lol

What he said ^^^^^^^Spot on. You might also look at Philly/SE PA. I think you would find it slightly less expensive than Boston with the same or better quality of life, and you're only about 4hrs from the Cuse.

CuseTroop,
I know I'm a bit late on this but I saw a few postings on "USA Jobs" web site the other day and thought of you and your job search. I was looking in the 13044 zip though

CuseTroop,
I know I'm a bit late on this but I saw a few postings on "USA Jobs" web site the other day and thought of you and your job search. I was looking in the 13044 zip though

I'll give that a look. I appreciate it!

So far, I have an application in at SU, for a great job working with Vets. Hoping for an interview on that one.

NC State, MIT, and Boston's Childrens Hospital have all set up interviews with me, so some solid back up plans.

The wheels turn a but slow on the hill as far as I'm concerned.

If I had a chance and a bit of talent I wouldn't mind a position helping vets either but will stick with my technical skills.

Sounds like to have several good opportunities that you can look forward to and be proud of.

Travel safe and good luck on your interviews.

I'll give that a look. I appreciate it!

So far, I have an application in at SU, for a great job working with Vets. Hoping for an interview on that one.

NC State, MIT, and Boston's Childrens Hospital have all set up interviews with me, so some solid back up plans.

We want you in the 'Cuse! Seriously, though, take the best offer for your future. Good Luck!

We want you in the 'Cuse! Seriously, though, take the best offer for your future. Good Luck!

Cuse is at the top of my list (of course) It would be a different job field then I'm currently in, but being able to help out vets is something that anyone would want to do.

You guys would get sick of seeing my face at tailgates tho!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom