Eastern Mississippi Community College | Syracusefan.com

Eastern Mississippi Community College

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
Not sure if this belongs here or not as it's kind of recruiting territory. Has anyone checked out the documentary on Netflix about Eastern Mississippi Community College? It's so good. If you aren't familiar with EMCC, they are loaded with 4 and 5 star talent from SEC country. It's a great behind the scenes look at the struggles some of these high profile athletes have trying to get a scholarship. If you closely follow recruiting, you'll recognize a lot of the players on the team. Most go there because they need to get their grades up. Some, like James Franklin III, transfer from big time programs so they don't have to sit out a year. James Franklin III comes off like a total diva/punk/disrespectful dude, who is a great athlete, but isn't a great qb. In fact, he doesn't even start. He also is the only guy with his own private dorm room. He says "That was part of the deal with me coming here. If they want me, I get my own dorm." You'll watch this, and shake your head as you see these kids, (whose only shot of making it, is to get there grades up), skip class, miss homework assignments, etc.
On the field, they come across as undisciplined, but insanely talented. They usually win games by a score of like 60-7.
6 1 hr episodes.

I just finished the season last night...Amazing behind the scenes look at everything. If you love football, I recommend watching

First question. Welcome to EMCC.
"How do you spell Mississippi".
Ok lets move on.

I watched the first episode. Pretty good. Since HS, it's amazed me what some will do to sabotage themselves. Players with great skill who won't do the minimum to succeed off the field or will violate rules with little care for the consequences.

I watched the first episode. Pretty good. Since HS, it's amazed me what some will do to sabotage themselves. Players with great skill who won't do the minimum to succeed off the field or will violate rules with little care for the consequences.
Speaking of JUCO , are we still pursuing Marquise Blair? If we are, I hope he is taking school more seriously than a lot of the kids featured in this doc.

Just finished the season last night. What a great watch. Highly recommended. In the 30-30 documentary realm. I'm not 100% on how any of these kids were passing anything? Great inside look at academic struggles of college football in general.

Very cool--I'll have to check this out over the weekend.

Just finished it today. Fantastic show. Agree on the jf3 stuff, seems like a punk kid who's barely a qb. I totally forgot about that bench clearing brawl that I saw highlights of when it happened. That was highly entertaining. My personal favorite however was ms Wagner. Holy moly

Speaking of JUCO , are we still pursuing Marquise Blair? If we are, I hope he is taking school more seriously than a lot of the kids featured in this doc.

Yes we are

Just watched the first episode. Thanks for the recommendation.

Just finished it today. Fantastic show. Agree on the jf3 stuff, seems like a punk kid who's barely a qb. I totally forgot about that bench clearing brawl that I saw highlights of when it happened. That was highly entertaining. My personal favorite however was ms Wagner. Holy moly
Yeah, I hear you on Ms. Wagner! It was funny, the kids hated academics, yet they were always in that woman's office to hang out with her, despite the fact that she had everything to do with academics.

Not sure if this belongs here or not as it's kind of recruiting territory. Has anyone checked out the documentary on Netflix about Eastern Mississippi Community College? It's so good. If you aren't familiar with EMCC, they are loaded with 4 and 5 star talent from SEC country. It's a great behind the scenes look at the struggles some of these high profile athletes have trying to get a scholarship. If you closely follow recruiting, you'll recognize a lot of the players on the team. Most go there because they need to get their grades up. Some, like James Franklin III, transfer from big time programs so they don't have to sit out a year. James Franklin III comes off like a total diva/punk/disrespectful dude, who is a great athlete, but isn't a great qb. In fact, he doesn't even start. He also is the only guy with his own private dorm room. He says "That was part of the deal with me coming here. If they want me, I get my own dorm." You'll watch this, and shake your head as you see these kids, (whose only shot of making it, is to get there grades up), skip class, miss homework assignments, etc.
On the field, they come across as undisciplined, but insanely talented. They usually win games by a score of like 60-7.
6 1 hr episodes.
A great series and a must for all football junkies. Helped me see inside the mind of these kids - kind of scary. How about Ronald Ollie who gets his first offer and responds that he is too good for the school, but no Plan B. And the good ole boy qb who is SEC or no football for me. And how bout the head coach who "Lord'd prayer" at the drop of a hat, but has 10 times more f bombs. Amazing stuff.

A great series and a must for all football junkies. Helped me see inside the mind of these kids - kind of scary. How about Ronald Ollie who gets his first offer and responds that he is too good for the school, but no Plan B. And the good ole boy qb who is SEC or no football for me. And how bout the head coach who "Lord'd prayer" at the drop of a hat, but has 10 times more f bombs. Amazing stuff.
On Ronald Ollie: That kid was absolutely dominant. He would be a real asset in a tampa 2. He's listed at 6'2 325 on rivals. I'd say give the kid a shot, but I suspect he's another Wayne Williams once he's on campus.

Watched the entire series this weekend. Highly recommended.

On Ronald Ollie: That kid was absolutely dominant. He would be a real asset in a tampa 2. He's listed at 6'2 325 on rivals. I'd say give the kid a shot, but I suspect he's another Wayne Williams once he's on campus.
Funny, I had the same thought about Wayne Williams!

So I know i am super late to this, but had a new baby in sept and all, just finally got around to watching. So many things to discuss..
  1. These kids were taking classes from like an EARLY HS curriculum. How were some of these kids at respectable schools?
  2. Franklins attitude. Got his own dorm, walked around like his aint stink, bitching about being there every miniute, but at the end of the day couldnt beat out a Miss St walk-on for the starting job. And ended up as QB3 for Auburn anyway.
  3. Ollie, blowing off his only offer with no plan B? Like what are these kids thinking?
  4. The kids bitching about "wasting my time". You are at a JC in the middle of nowhere, population 100, what else is there for you to do? There is NOTHING ELSE TO DO. GO TO CLASS!!!!
  5. The coach Buddy, fighting a ref? dropping more F bombs than anyone i have ever heard and i live in NY NJ. Walks around with a bible and saying prayers with the players?
  6. The players literally contemplating just leaving school
  7. Ms Wagner, a professional babysitter.
  8. I dont think i could coach college football. Too many egos, too many divas, kids that think they have something owed to them. No wonder all these coaches leave to the nfl. Imagine having to kiss their ass and chase them around.
Was a really really great series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom