Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson

Oops
It has to be really hard for a kid from Brooklyn to assimilate into the Clemson football program. Football is religion there, the players in the program are really into bible study, it is a really rural area where people are...let's just say, not like people from Brooklyn.

I would have been really surprised to see him last four years there. Florida, maybe. Miami, maybe. Clemson, probably not.

Just went back and read some of this sites 61 page thread on him prior to his Clemson announcement. I find it amusing how the fan base (myself included) seemingly has a yearly meltdown about "must have" recruits we don't end up signing (some are more epic than others). Then we move on to the anointment of the next "must get".

If the kid didn't beat up his girlfriend, s e xually assault anyone, or something else hideous, talk to him.
Can he even come here? Last I looked, He is at a ACC school.

Ebenezer "Scrooge" Too much for Dabo? then forget Shafer even looking his way. Bullough on the other hand...

Would he fall into the ACC transfer rules? I think the conference stipulates that any player transferring from one ACC school to another must sit out two years. I may be off and that may apply to coaches or something, but I remember there being a heavy penalty for transferring within the conference.

Would he fall into the ACC transfer rules? I think the conference stipulates that any player transferring from one ACC school to another must sit out two years. I may be off and that may apply to coaches or something, but I remember there being a heavy penalty for transferring within the conference.

How could you make a coach sit out for two years?

I wasn't sure because he got tossed, don't know if the same heavy penalty would apply. Two year sit out would kill the idea for sure

How could you make a coach sit out for two years?
Like I said, "I may be off". I am hazy on my recall of the subject, so think of it as a bit of a disclaimer.

OT, but as to how you can do it, you could have the policy and a penalty against the school or program for breaking it, like a reduced profit share or mandatory exclusion from the CCG? .

I'm not the most in tune with this but wouldn't a simple work around be to simply tranfser to a FCS/D2/JUCO school for one season then go wherever you'd like? Wouldn't have to sit out playing a single season much less 2 and would end up where you want end game. What if he just went to Milford this season?

Can he even come here? Last I looked, He is at a ACC school.
This is from the Duke Athletics site:

ACC Transfer Rule
A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution, where they were recruited and/or received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete the following:

• One academic year (2 full semesters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete or to receive athletically related financial aid
  • This year of residency counts for one of the student-athletes four permissible seasons of competition.
  • During this year of residency the student may practice.
  • A transfer student-athlete admitted after the twelfth day of class may not utilize that semester or quarter for the purpose of establishing residency.

The way I read that, even transferring within the ACC only requires the student-athlete to sit out one year. Of course, they lose a year of eligibility for that year (unlike a transfer outside of the conference).

This is from the Duke Athletics site:

ACC Transfer Rule
A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution, where they were recruited and/or received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete the following:

• One academic year (2 full semesters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete or to receive athletically related financial aid
  • This year of residency counts for one of the student-athletes four permissible seasons of competition.
  • During this year of residency the student may practice.
  • A transfer student-athlete admitted after the twelfth day of class may not utilize that semester or quarter for the purpose of establishing residency.

The way I read that, even transferring within the ACC only requires the student-athlete to sit out one year. Of course, they lose a year of eligibility for that year (unlike a transfer outside of the conference).

He'd have to pay his own way for a year before being put back on a scholarship?

He'd have to pay his own way for a year before being put back on a scholarship?

that's how I read it too. If so, I am sure he would look to go outside of the ACC. Buttgers, as mentioned above, could be a landing spot.

Maybe NY players should stay in NY, after Ogundeko and Ishaq.

And hey, the Jones brothers say hello!
The only one that bailed on NY and panned out (in recent years) is Gronk. Jury is still out on Dominique Easley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom