Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson

The only one that bailed on NY and panned out (in recent years) is Gronk. Jury is still out on Dominique Easley.
To think what Tim Daoust could have made out of these guys.

This was the most clusterf*cking recruitment ever. He was all Cuse, until he "mysteriously" wasn't at the last minute...

Good luck kid.

In the event he selects Rutgers, SU would then become ...
th

Just went back and read some of this sites 61 page thread on him prior to his Clemson announcement. I find it amusing how the fan base (myself included) seemingly has a yearly meltdown about "must have" recruits we don't end up signing (some are more epic than others). Then we move on to the anointment of the next "must get".
Ishaq and EO... Yep, how did that turn out.

This is from the Duke Athletics site:

ACC Transfer Rule
A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution, where they were recruited and/or received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete the following:

• One academic year (2 full semesters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete or to receive athletically related financial aid
  • This year of residency counts for one of the student-athletes four permissible seasons of competition.
  • During this year of residency the student may practice.
  • A transfer student-athlete admitted after the twelfth day of class may not utilize that semester or quarter for the purpose of establishing residency.

The way I read that, even transferring within the ACC only requires the student-athlete to sit out one year. Of course, they lose a year of eligibility for that year (unlike a transfer outside of the conference).

Thanks. It must have been the mandatory loss of a year of playing (can't redshirt the year off) that I was remembering.

that's how I read it too. If so, I am sure he would look to go outside of the ACC. Buttgers, as mentioned above, could be a landing spot.
This is how I read it also, and should have mentioned. One extra inducement not to transfer within the conference, but without the harsh penalty of making them sit out 2 years. Might not be too much of a hardship if you were transferring to a public school in your home state..

NO way you could save him after what he did. Big mistake on this kids part seeing as how he was expected to compete for the starting spot in the fall. He was charged with one count of financial transaction fraud. Hate it for the kid but he did it to himself. Hopefully he gets this cleared up and makes a name for himself at another school.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29102338/clemson-defensive-end-dismissed-from-football-team

The only one that bailed on NY and panned out (in recent years) is Gronk. Jury is still out on Dominique Easley.

Easley was the 29th pick in the 2014 draft. College may not have gone perfectly due to injury, but things worked out just fine for him.

Cue up Dandy Don Meredith. Turn out the lights, the party's over... Next! Man, really bad decision making by this kid. very sad.

NO way you could save him after what he did. Big mistake on this kids part seeing as how he was expected to compete for the starting spot in the fall. He was charged with one count of financial transaction fraud. Hate it for the kid but he did it to himself. Hopefully he gets this cleared up and makes a name for himself at another school.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29102338/clemson-defensive-end-dismissed-from-football-team
Wait, I thought financial transaction fraud was an issue with his recruitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom