Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Ogundeko kicked off Clemson

As a Clemson football fan hate to see Ebo kicked off, hated to see Chad Kelly kicked also, in the end it will hurt depth a bit, but Clemson top defensive recruit freshman Sterling Johnson at 6-5 280 will get to play a ton this year at DE and hopefully will pick up his play worthy of a starter.

Wait, I thought financial transaction fraud was an issue with his recruitment.

A financial transaction fraud related to recruitment would only occur if the "unaffiliated booster" failed to compensate EO. This may be the underlying cause for OE's financial fraud. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm".

NO way you could save him after what he did. Big mistake on this kids part seeing as how he was expected to compete for the starting spot in the fall. He was charged with one count of financial transaction fraud. Hate it for the kid but he did it to himself. Hopefully he gets this cleared up and makes a name for himself at another school.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29102338/clemson-defensive-end-dismissed-from-football-team
I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR POSTING IT HERE FIRST BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DID...LIKE ME

Was he Nigerian?

NO way you could save him after what he did. Big mistake on this kids part seeing as how he was expected to compete for the starting spot in the fall. He was charged with one count of financial transaction fraud. Hate it for the kid but he did it to himself. Hopefully he gets this cleared up and makes a name for himself at another school.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29102338/clemson-defensive-end-dismissed-from-football-team

No way "you" (i assume you mean syracuse) could save him for basically stealing a credit card?

like OSU couldnt save gottlieb?

Is that really what you mean or did i confuse your point. Because if I am correct, that is STUPID. we arent talking about rape.

He's showing signs that he might be able to carve out a lucrative career on Wall Street.

Wow. That is certainly more advanced than the scam at Wegman's that some used to pull during my years on the Hill...which was weighing out string beans, printing out the price label, ripping that in half, and placing just the bar code half over the bar code of a Porterhouse Steak, for example.

No way "you" (i assume you mean syracuse) could save him for basically stealing a credit card?

like OSU couldnt save gottlieb?

Is that really what you mean or did i confuse your point. Because if I am correct, that is STUPID. we arent talking about rape.

Sorry for the confusion. What I should have said was "No way Clemson could save him".

Sorry for the confusion. What I should have said was "No way Clemson could save him".

well then i agree... he had to be kicked off the team. but someone will pick him up on a final chance basis. i hope its us.

well then i agree... he had to be kicked off the team. but someone will pick him up on a final chance basis. i hope its us.

unless he is in prison, kind of hard to pick him up while he serves time.

Ebo isn't doing any jail time over this.

IMO it's a non-violent crime by a kid from Brooklyn who found himself at a school where a lot of ppl had a lot more money than he did. He's a teenager who attempted basically a victimless crime (the credit card companies are the REAL crooks here)

Unless ACC rules prevent it I would love to see us give him a new home. He was going to be a star for Clemson he can be a beast for us.

NY state kid comes home, NY's College Team gives him a second chance and when he gets drafted it's the comeback story of the year.

He's a good kid & we need him.

IMO it's a non-violent crime by a kid from Brooklyn who found himself at a school where a lot of ppl had a lot more money than he did. He's a teenager who attempted basically a victimless crime (the credit card companies are the REAL crooks here)

Unless ACC rules prevent it I would love to see us give him a new home. He was going to be a star for Clemson he can be a beast for us.

NY state kid comes home, NY's College Team gives him a second chance and when he gets drafted it's the comeback story of the year.

Two things. First he would have to get past SU admissions. Not from an academic standpoint but a character standpoint. I think with the NCAA sanctions that were handed down, that might be more difficult than before. The other thing would be that he thumbed his nose at us before. We weren't jazzy enough for him and he went out of his way to find a program more suited to his hype. Maybe he's become more humble now, but my guess is he looks around for a bigger name program than us.

Non-violent crime - yes. Victimless - No. I'm pretty sure the cardholder whose number he stole would disagree with you. I doubt that they stole an unassigned number because the number would have to be activated and assigned a credit line, which I don't believe credit card companies due prior to issuance. Plus you have all the hassle that any retailer that he's made purchases from will have to go through. There's more than just the monetary issue here. Fraud wastes a lot of time all the way around, cardholder, store, police, some of which we as taxpayers all have to pay for.

Two things. First he would have to get past SU admissions. Not from an academic standpoint but a character standpoint. I think with the NCAA sanctions that were handed down, that might be more difficult than before. The other thing would be that he thumbed his nose at us before. We weren't jazzy enough for him and he went out of his way to find a program more suited to his hype. Maybe he's become more humble now, but my guess is he looks around for a bigger name program than us.

As much as I don't really care for UCONN, Ebo was pretty much an ahole publically to that program after he decommitted from them.

Here's the proven (Cam Newton and others) plan:
  1. ensure legal troubles are taken care of ASAP
  2. enroll at a lower-level program ASAP (in time for their summer camp) and play there in the fall
  3. re-open recruiting and transfer to a P-5 program in January, 2016
  4. play under the bright lights in 2016
He could end up on the hill... a lot will depend on how he dealt with the coaching staff when he decided to go elsewhere. As long as he didn't burn any bridges, is cleared of his legal issues and approaches HCSS with the right mindset then he may get a shot.

TexanMark said:
Nope...Tenn St to Cuse would require a year to sit. The Ebo ship has sailed. When will these NY players learn...going to the brightest light sometimes means you get zapped.
Unfortunately probably never. I think it's hard for us to remember the half@ss logic that goes into a teenagers decision making. They only care about instant gratification. What makes me look like a success right now, not what sets me up best for success in the future.

Do not think going to clemson caused him to commit credit card fraud. Kid was on the wrong track in life well before that. Ebo from my info was going to be at best a solid backup and maybe at best a starter as a senior. He was frankly overated as a four star recruit, middle of the road three star was the proper ranking. Wish the best for him and hope he does well and learns from his mistake. Note, this kid when he annouced on TV said "I commit to the University of Clemson(wrong name)" then when reporter why, said because it was close to home.

Last edited:
Don't forget his rants on Twitter. If you have forgotten he started going after su fans and blasting the university. Forget him.

So SU "missed out " on both EO and Chad Kelly from the great state of NY when they both chose Clemson. I remember a time when I felt bad about that.

I'm not going to pile on here... Ebo had raw talent and unfortunately for him, he got in his own way before that talent could be realized. Still wish he would have come to SU. May have had a better support system for him at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom