ED and Dino post game hmmm | Syracusefan.com

ED and Dino post game hmmm

kcsu

Living Legend
I will start by saying im all in on dino. But his stubbornness cost us this game. You can tell when he is wrong by focusing on his proactive comments. We should have run the ball more... We had 1 second left saved the TO... Against Gate he made a comment about wanting to establish the run said he was a little stubborn about it. Dino is very strong willed. Possibly a little hard headed. He stuck to his game plan too long Saturday and it cost us the game. ED said coach sees things that we dont. I got the sense that the run strategy wasnt his call.
Babers coaching like this team is also at the batter stage. Dino is talented but the ACC is a whole new ball game and his cake is gonna take a little more time as well.

I will start by saying im all in on dino. But his stubbornness cost us this game. You can tell when he is wrong by focusing on his proactive comments. We should have run the ball more... We had 1 second left saved the TO... Against Gate he made a comment about wanting to establish the run said he was a little stubborn about it. Dino is very strong willed. Possibly a little hard headed. He stuck to his game plan too long Saturday and it cost us the game. ED said coach sees things that we dont. I got the sense that the run strategy wasnt his call.
Babers coaching like this team is also at the batter stage. Dino is talented but the ACC is a whole new ball game and his cake is gonna take a little more time as well.

You could tell that many of those runs were planned QB draws. The rest were ED running for his life, and eventually that was happening a bit prematurely.

If HCDB is still making the same mistakes, and we're still seeing the same kind of results a year or so from now, then I'll start worrying.
Its a "getting to know you" process for everyone involved. More to come.

The end of half was awful. Coaches seem to assume that after a first down they can get a snap off before the clock starts but that never happens.

1. The snap was from our 40 so all the players had to get to the LOS which takes awhile.

2. The snap came with 6 seconds left. We wasted 5 seconds by not calling a TO. If you ask a HC: Given 6 seconds and a TO do you kick the FG or run a play? Most would chose to kick it there.

3. We almost ran out of time. If the ball was bobbled instead of intercepted (like Hudson vs UConn), we likely have no time left. In which case people are saying What Babers, instead of damn it Dungey.

IMO he should have called a TO. That would have settled the team down and allowed time to get a good play in. The play should have been either a fade or rolled Dungey out. Both of those would avoid a sack, which is the only thing that can prevent a FG attempt.

First half: monsoon + weak rushing attack = only 1 TD.

I was a little disappointed with our offense later in the game, but considering the weather conditions and experience level I'd give everyone a pass and move on.

Our D looked a little better overall until the end, but again I can say that was just the impact of the weather making the WF offense more predictable so again I wouldn't get too excited about that and move on because it might be a false positive.

I do believe the experience of playing in a monsoon will help the players handle things better the next time they play in the rain.

First half: monsoon + weak rushing attack = only 1 TD.

I was a little disappointed with our offense later in the game, but considering the weather conditions and experience level I'd give everyone a pass and move on.

Our D looked a little better overall until the end, but again I can say that was just the impact of the weather making the WF offense more predictable so again I wouldn't get too excited about that and move on because it might be a false positive.

I do believe the experience of playing in a monsoon will help the players handle things better the next time they play in the rain.

Monsoon is way too dramatic. IMO this game wasn't much different than the rainy game at Rutgers a few years ago. And it certainly wasn't like the wind game at Rutgers a few years before that.

It was a bad weather game. It had an impact. But it wasn't impossible to play in.

Monsoon is way too dramatic. IMO this game wasn't much different than the rainy game at Rutgers a few years ago. And it certainly wasn't like the wind game at Rutgers a few years before that.

It was a bad weather game. It had an impact. But it wasn't impossible to play in.

Were you there? Honest question. I was not and sometimes it looks like it's fine on TV, but then much, much worse in person.

I thought it was telling that it looked fine and then they showed a view of the flag with a light on it and it looked awful.

It was for us, since we have virtually no rushing game, and a poor OL. If we could run the ball a little bit better, we would have been as negatively impacted.

And your characterization is way off--this was far beyond a bad weather game.

Were you there? Honest question. I was not and sometimes it looks like it's fine on TV, but then much, much worse in person.

I thought it was telling that it looked fine and then they showed a view of the flag with a light on it and it looked awful

Good point.

The game in a nutshell:

Wake Forest can run the ball

Syracuse can't run the ball (for whatever reason)

Wake scores 3 offensive touchdowns

Syracuse scores 1 touchdown in 4 quarters

It was for us, since we have virtually no rushing game, and a poor OL. If we could run the ball a little bit better, we would have been as negatively impacted.

And your characterization is way off--this was far beyond a bad weather game.
I was there at Wake Forest...Rutgers 03 had horrible wind but no rain. This game overall was probably as bad as that one (wind better/rain bad). I think Tulane 1975 at Archbold was the worst weather game I've been to. Last Saturday was pretty bad...but the wind at times wasn't too bad (it lessened as the game wore on but was still a major factor)...it rained consistently until our last ill fate drive (Fredericks).

Do you guys know that the governor of NC denounced the universities that they should have postponed the games. Reliance on Hurricane tracking, tornadoes, rain & lightning could have derailed and put at risk not only the players but the fans who attended...meaning what if the hurricane picked up speed and changed direction inland?

The governor specified that he could postpone games himself by next time declaring a state of emergency.

I was there at Wake Forest...Rutgers 03 had horrible wind but no rain. This game overall was probably as bad as that one (wind better/rain bad). I think Tulane 1975 at Archbold was the worst weather game I've been to. Last Saturday was pretty bad...but the wind at times wasn't too bad (it lessened as the game wore on but was still a major factor)...it rained consistently until our last ill fate drive (Fredericks).
Mark, I was at the Tulane game as well. Remember those balls the cheerleaders used to throw in to the stands? I always wanted one. I got 4 that day because I was the only one in the section.

Mark, I was at the Tulane game as well. Remember those balls the cheerleaders used to throw in to the stands? I always wanted one. I got 4 that day because I was the only one in the section.
This was the 3-0 game, right? Guess we were all there. I don't remember seeing you. ;)

This was the 3-0 game, right? Guess we were all there. I don't remember seeing you. ;)
My Dad got a pair of tickets from a friend...I think there was 6k to start and probably 600 at the end. I remember Dave Jacobs falling on his butt after most failed kicks. He was 1 for 5 with his only made kick from about the 2 yard line with a few seconds to go. Announced attendance that day was around 11k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom