Eddie O | Syracusefan.com

Eddie O

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
USC: Sources tell FootballScoop that Clay Helton is planning to make a number of staff changes following the season. One source told FootballScoop that Helton has spoken with Ed Orgeron. O and Helton are good friends and have a deep respect for each other. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

It was... it was a reference to another thread.
28837838.jpg

Do you feel he is still being heavily considered for the SU job?
honestly,don't know anymore.

His name was the only one mentioned last week from within.

They might have moved on from him.

soocher4 said:
That horse was never really in consideration even though he would love the job. That's all he had to say.

He is our "safety school".

I think Orgeron is a failed HC who is begging for another chance to prove to the world that they were wrong about him. Sometimes the best thing you can do is hire the talented failure who now understands what he'd do differently if he could try again. Spurned by one opening after another, he must have a huge chip on his shoulder. I like that.

These assistants are going to use SU as their on the job training facility. I'd focus on a proven small college coach before I went with a hot assistant. I think Orgeron or these hot small college HCs are much lower risk.

I think Orgeron is a failed HC who is begging for another chance to prove to the world that they were wrong about him. Sometimes the best thing you can do is hire the talented failure who now understands what he'd do differently if he could try again. Spurned by one opening after another, he must have a huge chip on his shoulder. I like that.

These assistants are going to use SU as their on the job training facility. I'd focus on a proven small college coach before I went with a hot assistant. I think Orgeron or these hot small college HCs are much lower risk.
There's no way we hire a very well connected top notch recruiter/DL coach who has a chip on his shoulder, wants to coach here, and knows our program from the inside (i.e. has coached here before) ... especially if said candidate has positive head coaching experience at a MAJOR school (i.e. USC) after learning from his mistakes coaching a SEC west school (i.e. Ole Miss).

That would make WAY too much sense. In fact, that would ALMOST be like hiring said candidate and giving him the money for a top tier OC on the theory that a winning football team makes WAY more than a losing one, so it's actually cheaper to hire talent in today's market.

There's no way we hire a very well connected top notch recruiter/DL coach who has a chip on his shoulder, wants to coach here, and knows our program from the inside (i.e. has coached here before) ... especially if said candidate has positive head coaching experience at a MAJOR school (i.e. USC) after learning from his mistakes coaching a SEC west school (i.e. Ole Miss).

That would make WAY too much sense. In fact, that would ALMOST be like hiring said candidate and giving him the money for a top tier OC on the theory that a winning football team makes WAY more than a losing one, so it's actually cheaper to hire talent in today's market.

Agreed. That's not the Syracuse Way.

We'll fail to offer competitive comp to our first choice(s), then have to scramble to pick from the table scraps, ending up with some random co-DC nobody's heard of, and going thru 3-4 more years where our offense fails to score 30 points against anyone but FCS opponents.
That'll pack the Dome!!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

honestly,don't know anymore.

His name was the only one mentioned last week from within.

They might have moved on from him.

I think he was asking about Foghorn Leghorn...unless that's who you were responding about.

Of course they won't hire Orgeron. It makes way to much sense. They will go after a guy (Frost) who earlier this season at Oregon, the fan base was calling for his head. Frost doesn't have as good credentials as Greg Robinson had, but hey SU, knock yourself out hiring this guy and in three years we will do this all over again.