Eli Manning | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

retro44

Living Legend
http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...ighest-paid_player_in_nfl.html#incart_m-rpt-1
782980.jpg

is the Bad Comedian doing the talkin

Then perhaps he should throw less interceptions, the highest paid player in the nfl, that is funny

It is all about leverage. It is very rare for the best player to be the highest paid player. Mike Trout-MLB, Lebron James-NBA.
All Eli is doing is using his leverage to get paid. Eli may barely be a top 10 QB in this league but him taking all that money(which I would) means the team around him will have less to win with. Also all he is doing is raising the bar for the money Andrew Luck will make in a year.
I can't believe the money Rivers got. It gave Eli the ability to get even more. Eli has only been to the playoffs 3 times on the last 8 years but has 2 SBs.

Has two rings, i dont think he's missed a start and he has tom brady's dignity mounted on his wall.

And you can never take that away from him, but its about the now. Is he even in the top five of his position right now?, No. Lets be honest he isn't even the best qb in the nfc east.

And you can never take that away from him, but its about the now. Is he even in the top five of his position right now?, No. Lets be honest he isn't even the best qb in the nfc east.

lol cowboys fan

lol cowboys fan
images

I trust Jaws I would put Eli 11. Eli has played like an alltimer in 2 postseasons but his career body of work isn't exactly the best.

I have no clue what "objective standpoint" means when talking Giants-Cowboys

images

I trust Jaws I would put Eli 11. Eli has played like an alltimer in 2 postseasons but his career body of work isn't exactly the best.

His body of work is better than Ryan's, Stafford has more ability, and is younger

I have no clue what "objective standpoint" means when talking Giants-Cowboys

I try to be as objective as possible, I despise the Giants, but I admit that Beckham is an absolute stud, and LT is the best defensive player ever.

Pro Football Focus has him ranked somewhere around 25th lol.

Personally, I'd say he's somewhere in that 10-15 range. Off the top of my head (not in order, and probably forgetting someone):

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton
4. Brees
5. Romo
6. Rivers
7. Big Ben
8. Luck

And then he's probably somewhere in the mix with Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Flacco, Tannehill, and Cam IMO.

For Fantasy purposes, I think he's going to finish in the top 10 this year.

Last edited:
I am but from an objective standpoint, who is playing the qb position better. Eli or Romo?

Who has won the rings. End of the day that's all that matters. And Eli didn't win them handing the ball off 40x.

Who has won the rings. End of the day that's all that matters. And Eli didn't win them handing the ball off 40x.

IMO, there's a difference between who helps their team win the most and whose team wins the most. Romo's just a flat out better QB than Eli in pretty much every way.

I try to be as objective as possible, I despise the Giants, but I admit that Beckham is an absolute stud, and LT is the best defensive player ever.

I like your cheerleaders. Best I can give you.

Weird that a guy with leverage would try to use that to negotiate as good a deal as possible.
Even if Eli did sign a contract that made him the highest paid QB in the league (i'm betting this wont happen) it's only going to last until Luck signs his new deal.

I know Eli has won two Super Bowls, but come on. He's one season removed from being on the hot seat. If the Giants go 6-10 this year it will be no different. He's thrown more interceptions than anyone in the league the last five years.

Obviously many of u have not been in negotiations or how they work.

Pro Football Focus has him ranked somewhere around 25th lol.

Personally, I'd say he's somewhere in that 10-15 range. Off the top of my head (not in order, and probably forgetting someone):

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton
4. Brees
5. Romo
6. Rivers
7. Big Ben
8. Luck

And then he's probably somewhere in the mix with Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Flacco, Tannehill, and Cam IMO.

For Fantasy purposes, I think he's going to finish in the top 10 this year.

You r off your rocker with having Romo in your top 10 let alone top 5.

Romo belongs in the 10-15 range. Eli is somewhere 6-10 range.

I just don't get all the Romo love. I just don't get it. What has he done? Nothing. N.o.t.h.i.n.g.

I just don't get all the Romo love. I just don't get it. What has he done? Nothing. N.o.t.h.i.n.g.
75 - 48 as a starting quarterback. That is not too shabby; especially playing for a notoriously dysfunctional organization.

You r off your rocker with having Romo in your top 10 let alone top 5.

Romo belongs in the 10-15 range. Eli is somewhere 6-10 range.

Those weren't ranked in order. But even if they were, he'd probably be around 5 or 6. The only QBs definitely better IMO are Rodgers, Luck, Brady, and Peyton. To me, he's in the conversation with Brees and Big Ben

75 - 48 as a starting quarterback. That is not too shabby; especially playing for a notoriously dysfunctional organization.
But he's allergic to the playoffs. Eli can make his team better (or worse sometimes, I admit). Romo doesn't have that ability.

But he's allergic to the playoffs. Eli can make his team better (or worse sometimes, I admit). Romo doesn't have that ability.
Playoff record is definitely what Manning has over Romo.

I do think Romo's playoff failures are overstated. He has only played in six games and his passer rating is actually better than Manning's. The 2007-2008 team is really the only one that failed to meet expectations. Romo wasn't bad in that game against the Giants.