Eli Manning | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

brady is out of his freakin mind this year.

rodgers is rodgers.

dalton and palmer are playing great as well, lets see if it can continue.

brees plays Eli this week, will be fun.

fitz is most certainly not playing better than Eli, and as ive said...i havnt seen Peyton play so i won comment but its certainly a debatable point.

newton, damn if i dont know what to make of that jackass. hes winning for sure, but its by the seat of his on fire pants.

8 TOs, but 13 combined TDs with a lousy completion % that yields 6-0??

Carolina has beaten one good team before last night. Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans(without Brees), Tampa.

Their win at Seattle was legit and last night was a solid win. I have WAY MORE fear playing the New York Giants than I do playing Carolina.

Carolina's smoke and mirrors won't last. They lost their stud WR Benjamin and their only really good weapons are Olson and Stewart. Philly Brown, Jericho Cotchery and Devin Funchess aren't scary.

Let's see Carolina play Green Bay.

Matt Ryan is playing well this year. I don't think Palmer is bad but he isn't scary. I think David Carr has potentially to be above average.

I like David Carr too. Amari Cooper is a stud.

Cam's not doing it the traditional way, but he's leading them to wins making plays with his legs and some good throws to the tight end. I like the defense we are developing in New Orleans, so we might actually have a shot to beat them.

Giants have zero pass rush this year. Brady will carve them up.

Zona has good receivers and they love to throw deep. Matt Ryan has been ok. Atlanta is where they are due to an improved defense and running game IMO.

Big 5 games coming up for Jersey A. 3 on the road plus New England and Jersey B at home.

Interested to see how P. Manning and Denver does against Green Bay this week. Could be a long day for Denver against that pass rush.

I like David Carr too. Amari Cooper is a stud.

Cam's not doing it the traditional way, but he's leading them to wins making plays with his legs and some good throws to the tight end. I like the defense we are developing in New Orleans, so we might actually have a shot to beat them.

Giants have zero pass rush this year. Brady will carve them up.

Zona has good receivers and they love to throw deep. Matt Ryan has been ok. Atlanta is where they are due to an improved defense and running game IMO.

Big 5 games coming up for Jersey A. 3 on the road plus New England and Jersey B at home.

Interested to see how P. Manning and Denver does against Green Bay this week. Could be a long day for Denver against that pass rush.
if Blue can come out of that 'big 5', 3-2...ill be very happy.

Carr looks a little like Favre and a little like Rodgers. Not saying he will be 1/2 as good as either but he is impressive in year 2.

Saints open at -3.5. I'm Pretty pumped for this game. The Saints have blown out the Giants under Payton/Brees in the Dome. If the Saints win this game they are right in the playoff picture in the NFC.

I'd take Luck in the present and the future, but man is he a mess right now. He's not playing like a top 5 guy. I know a part of it is the cast surrounding him, but Hasselbeck looked better running that offense than he was. The Saints played one of their more conservative game plans and the game was just handed to them to win.

The Giants were lucky to win yesterday. And they didn't win because of Eli. Thank the special teams and Matt Cassel. The Cowboys may have been better off sticking with Weeden. He was better than what Cassel showed.

QB play in the NFL is a mess right now. It's the reason so many of these teams stink. You have some guys that are pretty good, but through injury or ineffectiveness, it's a nightmare watching some of these games

Brady is playing on a level I've never seen out of anyone. Then you have Rodgers, Dalton, Palmer, Newton, and Brees. Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing better than both Mannings this year. After that the QB position stinks this year, and is the reason so many of these games are unwatchable.

Mr. Rivers here.

I'm calling shenanigans on some of you having ever seen a 4:00pm football game. Ryan Fitzpatrick gets mentioned, but not Rivers?

It's like bizarro QB world here. :)

brady is out of his freakin mind this year.

rodgers is rodgers.

dalton and palmer are playing great as well, lets see if it can continue.

brees plays Eli this week, will be fun.

fitz is most certainly not playing better than Eli, and as ive said...i havnt seen Peyton play so i won comment but its certainly a debatable point.

newton, damn if i dont know what to make of that jackass. hes winning for sure, but its by the seat of his on fire pants.

8 TOs, but 13 combined TDs with a lousy completion % that yields 6-0??

Dalton will gravitate back toward Earth when he's forced to win some more games with his arm - if that happens I suppose. At least I think he will...who knows! He has been impressive though - not Hoyer impressive, but impressive. :)

Carr looks a little like Favre and a little like Rodgers. Not saying he will be 1/2 as good as either but he is impressive in year 2.

Carr and those stupid WR screens.....blah to him. Throw the ball down field young, sir!

While I see what you're getting at, the best pass rush D by far, is back to go after Rodgers after a weeks rest. I can't wait.

While I see what you're getting at, the best pass rush D by far, is back to go after Rodgers after a weeks rest. I can't wait.

Rivers sliced up that defense like they were a JV team. That was with perhaps the single worst offensive line in history in front of him...80% back-ups that were playing out of position on top of it all...with his #1 WR going down in the 3rd quarter, and his #3 out of the game...I'm guessing Manning will be fine in that one as well. He's a crafty sunofabitch.

He is going to have a second half a lot like last year though if you ask me...maybe this will be the start of the fall off.

Mr. Rivers here.

I'm calling shenanigans on some of you having ever seen a 4:00pm football game. Ryan Fitzpatrick gets mentioned, but not Rivers?

It's like bizarro QB world here. :)

Rivers has played well. I have him on my fantasy team. He is golden this year. Too bad he has no defense. He's the Marino of this era.

Rivers has played well. I have him on my fantasy team. He is golden this year. Too bad he has no defense. He's the Marino of this era.
He's been stuck with bad coaching and bad GMs, but decent talent at the skill positions his whole career. Well, Marty S was okay as the coach prior to his playoff "play not to lose" crap kicked in each year. Norv was a disaster that plagued us for 180 years. He almost ruined Rivers. 14 step drop with no offensive line, and routes that took 3 minutes to develop almost got him killed . They had a few years where they were the most talented team in the NFL, luckily Norv and the GM were there to waste those years.
Offensive line always sucks...most of his career at least. GM never addressed it. Oh well, he's still awesome, even for a dolt.

Rivers sliced up that defense like they were a JV team. That was with perhaps the single worst offensive line in history in front of him...80% back-ups that were playing out of position on top of it all...with his #1 WR going down in the 3rd quarter, and his #3 out of the game...I'm guessing Manning will be fine in that one as well. He's a crafty sunofabitch.

He is going to have a second half a lot like last year though if you ask me...maybe this will be the start of the fall off.

Yeah, although the D has to respect Rivers deep ball and don't crowd the middle as much. But I hear you, it can be done. I seriously wasn't impressed with the Pack last game, although that means 0 this week. I think his fall off began against the Colts in the playoffs last year and just continued week 1 this season and can't get any worse. lol. I think with no more questions about if he can do this or that, his brain will do what it takes to correct what he can. If that's not enough, I can't beat the man up over it. He doesn't owe us anything if his body can't do it. But it won't stop my excitement to see what happens in the 2nd half (sort of) of our season.

Eli and Brees lighting it up today. 6 TDs each...thus far.

Eli and Brees lighting it up today. 6 TDs each...thus far.
Last team with the ball wins!

I have never seen a game like this. Defense optional on both sides.

Manning and Brees - 790 combined yards passing with 7 minutes to go.

Awesome win Saints. That's got to be the most insane NFL game I've ever seen.

Penalty cost them the game. These Tom Coughlin teams just don't have any discipline.
#H0T Takes.

Penalty cost them the game. These Tom Coughlin teams just don't have any discipline.
#H0T Takes.
Let me mildly grab the facemask there when he's 10" from the ground. Brilliant.

#H0T Takes.

It was the punter...instead of booming it he kicks different.

You could see this coming a mile away.

Last team with the ball wins!

I have never seen a game like this. Defense optional on both sides.

It ends on a long field goal. Blah. That penalty killed the Giants.