Eli Manning | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

Adam S is reporting that he has cracked ribs. But that can't be because the Colts don't have that on their injury report. That would be a violation of league rules and the Colts would never do that.
Heard that too. I don't believe it, he wouldn't be able to keep throwing down field that far an entire game, and he'd wince when he got hit and sacked, and he doesn't wince at all. I have no clue what cortisone would do for that though.

Adam S is reporting that he has cracked ribs. But that can't be because the Colts don't have that on their injury report. That would be a violation of league rules and the Colts would never do that.
Heck no. According to Colts GM Ryan Grigson “[A]ll the Indianapolis Colts wants is a completely level playing field,” Except when he can lie about a players injury for his team's benefit.

We all know this will go nowhere. As only the Patriots cheat or bend the rules.

Heard that too. I don't believe it, he wouldn't be able to keep throwing down field that far an entire game, and he'd wince when he got hit and sacked, and he doesn't wince at all. I have no clue what cortisone would do for that though.
Tom Brady played with 3 broken ribs in 2010. You can throw deep with broken ribs it just hurts like hell. With Luck he is turning his back on pressure I think he definitely has a injury in midsection.

Tom Brady played with 3 broken ribs in 2010. You can throw deep with broken ribs it just hurts like hell. With Luck he is turning his back on pressure I think he definitely has a injury in midsection.
Yeah if they're almost healed maybe. A single cracked rib is excruciating. Or maybe they get cortisone or some other pain meds

Luck should of had 5 picks last night. Indy is a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if next week is the Pagano/Grigson regime's last game.

the talking heads & writers are falling all over themselves trying to give luck a free pass and come up with excuses.

If Luck really has cracked ribs or whatever, he might want to sit next week out and let Hasselbeck be the tackling dummy. It could set up for him to look real ugly.

If Luck really has cracked ribs or whatever, he might want to sit next week out and let Hasselbeck be the tackling dummy. It could set up for him to look real ugly.

Luck stinks. Most turnovers in the league and he's missed two games. The ribs are a built in excuse. Hasselbeck might be the better QB now anyway. He's 2-0, Luck is 1-5.

the talking heads & writers are falling all over themselves trying to give luck a free pass and come up with excuses.
I won't after last night. Luck was awful. He played like crap and if he is hurt he should not be playing as he couldn't drive the ball and made several killer mistakes.

The sad thing is the Colts could go 6-10 and still win the AFC South. Unless the Colts beat one of the Broncos, Steelers, Falcons, Dolphins or Bucs right now I don't see them winning a non-division game all year.

Last edited:
The AFC South has won only 4 games against non-division opponents.
Jacksonville- 2 (Miami and Buffalo)
Houston- 1(Tampa Bay)
Tennessee-1(Tampa)
Indianpolis-0
The Bucs are 3-4 with loses to Tennessee, Houston and Washington all games they should have won.

Quarterback Eli Manning’s 321 passing yards on Sunday increased his season total to 3,021 yards. This is the 11th consecutive season Manning has thrown for more than 3,000 yards. He is one of seven quarterbacks in NFL history to throw for at least 3,000 yards in 11 different seasons, joining Brett Favre (18), Peyton Manning (16), Tom Brady (13), Dan Marino (13), Drew Brees (12) and John Elway (12).

Manning is the fourth quarterback to throw for 3,000 in 11 consecutive seasons, joining Favre (18 from 1992 to 2009), Peyton Manning (13 from 1998 to 2010) and Brees (12 from 2004 to 2015).

HALL OF FAME

Quarterback Eli Manning’s 321 passing yards on Sunday increased his season total to 3,021 yards. This is the 11th consecutive season Manning has thrown for more than 3,000 yards. He is one of seven quarterbacks in NFL history to throw for at least 3,000 yards in 11 different seasons, joining Brett Favre (18), Peyton Manning (16), Tom Brady (13), Dan Marino (13), Drew Brees (12) and John Elway (12).

Manning is the fourth quarterback to throw for 3,000 in 11 consecutive seasons, joining Favre (18 from 1992 to 2009), Peyton Manning (13 from 1998 to 2010) and Brees (12 from 2004 to 2015).

HALL OF FAME

He also threw 3 ints on sunday, just saying.

He also threw 3 ints on sunday, just saying.
that makes for a whopping 9 in 11 games and 2 werent his fault.

1 tipped by vereen and 1 horrible route by randle...again.

that makes for a whopping 9 in 11 games and 2 werent his fault.

1 tipped by vereen and 1 horrible route by randle...again.

He's a border line HOFer in my opinion.

The two SB titles are huge but he's had some very mediocre years in there as well. You have to admit the picks are his weakness. Basically on track to average about 17 INTs a year over his 12 year career. That total is pretty high, higher than most QBs considered "elite".

media darling Odell DROPPED the game winning TOUCHDOWN pass from Eli.
If only Coughlin was awake and kicked that FG up 10 on the 4 yard line in the 4th quarter.

Going for the TD there was too aggressive.

Also thank you the Giants for clinching the AFC East for the Patriots officially last night by beating the Dolphins. Sorry we lost to the Eagles actually after last week's game it turned out to be a good loss for the Patriots.

I fear the Giants more than the Panthers and Seahawks.

If only Coughlin was awake and kicked that FG up 10 on the 4 yard line in the 4th quarter.

Going for the TD there was too aggressive.

Also thank you the Giants for clinching the AFC East for the Patriots officially last night by beating the Dolphins. Sorry we lost to the Eagles actually after last week's game it turned out to be a good loss for the Patriots.

I fear the Giants more than the Panthers and Seahawks.
nah, that was the smart move.

Giants D wouldve given up 2 touchdowns and lost.

even if the Giants had 'won' all the games they 'lost'...you would have nothing to fear this year.

too many injuries.

I think the Giants beat Carolina this week.
i have a good feeling too, but need to see how we come out of last night health wise.

they rise for big games and seem to be rallying around each other and TC.

nah, that was the smart move.

Giants D wouldve given up 2 touchdowns and lost.

even if the Giants had 'won' all the games they 'lost'...you would have nothing to fear this year.

too many injuries.
The Giants are the only team in the Brady-Belichick Era that have played the Pats with guts consistently. They aren't scared and typically are the only team to play them man up and win games. I fear the NYG will get the to the SB if they get in.

The Giants are the only team in the Brady-Belichick Era that have played the Pats with guts consistently. They aren't scared and typically are the only team to play them man up and win games. I fear the NYG will get the to the SB if they get in.
i cant think that far, its too far-fetched.

run the table...and we will talk.

until then, i expect them to be on the outside.

i DO NOT, want Coughlin fired.

want to make the playoffs and see what he can do with all the new toys they will be able to get with all the cap-room in place for next year.

Living in Charlotte I can tell you the Panthers are frauds. Teams are stupid for some reason against them. They put the SS in the box to try and stop the Panthers running game and give a single high safety a lot. Cam Newton can throw deep. He is getting a lot of man to man deep with only 1 safety deep on play action.

Teams need to stop playing 1 single safety and play a Tampa 2. Force Cam to throw the ball 5-6 times a drive and beat you. His weakness is accuracy. If Cam had to do what Brady/Eli/Rodgers do which is spread you out and dink and dunk the Panthers would struggle. Teams are obsessed with stopping the run which isn't even that good of a running game.

To beat the Panthers you got to force them to drive the field they want explosion plays. Giants can't blitz like they did the Dolphins as the Panthers will burn them. Keep both safeties deep give some run yards and stop them from TDs.

On offense just attack the non-Josh Norman CB on the Panthers and you will be good. Don't try to run on them. The Panthers LB core is one of the top in the NFL. Just attack them in the secondary as outside of Norman it is pretty bad.

Living in Charlotte I can tell you the Panthers are frauds. Teams are stupid for some reason against them. They put the SS in the box to try and stop the Panthers running game and give a single high safety a lot. Cam Newton can throw deep. He is getting a lot of man to man deep with only 1 safety deep on play action.

Teams need to stop playing 1 single safety and play a Tampa 2. Force Cam to throw the ball 5-6 times a drive and beat you. His weakness is accuracy. If Cam had to do what Brady/Eli/Rodgers do which is spread you out and dink and dunk the Panthers would struggle. Teams are obsessed with stopping the run which isn't even that good of a running game.

To beat the Panthers you got to force them to drive the field they want explosion plays. Giants can't blitz like they did the Dolphins as the Panthers will burn them. Keep both safeties deep give some run yards and stop them from TDs.

On offense just attack the non-Josh Norman CB on the Panthers and you will be good. Don't try to run on them. The Panthers LB core is one of the top in the NFL. Just attack them in the secondary as outside of Norman it is pretty bad.

I agree with a lot of this. I have zero idea why teams do not play zone against Carolina. The Saints coaches no nothing about defense so I understand why they don't, but If Cam has to make a lot of short throws into tight windows I would expect him to eventually make a lot of mistakes.

I think these teams see a bunch of below average receivers and think they can get away with playing man while bringing a safety in the box.