Eli Saslow...Pulitzer Prize winner... | Syracusefan.com

Eli Saslow...Pulitzer Prize winner...

Jake

Mod
Holy crap. For a series on food stamps. He was a Daily Orange writer about 8-10 years ago.

Holy crap. For a series on food stamps. He was a Daily Orange writer about 8-10 years ago.
Was it an expose on the sham it's become ?

He and Chico Harlan, another talented young writer, wrote this DO article on Deshaun Williams 10 years ago.

Link

He and Chico Harlan, another talented young writer, wrote this DO article on Deshaun Williams 10 years ago.

Link
My least favorite SU player of all time. Fab #2. Not coincidentally, they both hit women.

Link

The kid who was the Nats beat writer and is now the Post's East Asia bureau chief?

Wow. Those guys must be hard workers.

My least favorite SU player of all time. Fab #2. Not coincidentally, they both hit women.

Agreed! I have no remorse for Meshaun and truly wish they would have kicked him out long before they did. He's a disgrace! I would have gladly sat through a 8-24 season to avoid having him on that team!

Agreed! I have no remorse for Meshaun and truly wish they would have kicked him out long before they did. He's a disgrace! I would have gladly sat through a 8-24 season to avoid having him on that team!
Meshaun's rope was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Link
I remember that article, great great article.

Whatever happened to Deshaun after Iona - maybe its a surprisingly good thing we haven't heard anything about him? Does anyone know what happened to his 2 younger brothers (twins?) who were supposedly very good players?

Whatever happened to Deshaun after Iona - maybe its a surprisingly good thing we haven't heard anything about him? Does anyone know what happened to his 2 younger brothers (twins?) who were supposedly very good players?

This is something I've always wondered. The twins were reported to be high-level prospects (better than DeShaun) in about 2000 or 2001; after he became persona non grata, it was no shock that we didn't recruit his brothers. But I didn't hear about any recruitment at any school.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/deshaun-williams/52/5b5/5a7

Vector Marketing is the sales division for Cutco Corporation, the largest kitchen cutlery manufacturer in North America. The single-level direct sales company sells its products through a national network of college students who sell through in-home personal demonstrations.

Yikes he has o connections. Hope he's making a living. He says he has 96 credits - that's not enough for a degree. He didn't graduate from Iona?

Googled Terrell and Jerrell Williams. Both went to LaSalle. Terrell played sparingly and left after 3 years. Jerrell did play, graduating in 2011 and is now playing in Europe. They were both 6'8" tall forwards.

DeShaun is working for Cutco, the glorified ponzi scheme that high school kids get tricked into? That's no good.

Link

Ah, the memories that article brings back!

Unfortunately, none of them are good memories. : /

But I agree--well written article.

Memories...all alone in the moonlight.

Hey, are the people who pick Pulitzer prizes less disingenuous than those who picked Nobel Peace prizes for guys sending more troops to war than anyone else in the world?(If that didn't tell you they were a joke, then I am not sure what would). Didn't the guy with some of the bloodiest hands of all time (Kissinger) win one too? (google East Timor for a sample of his depravity if you think the last 2 administrations or their puppet masters were sick). Weren't people writing about food stamps for the last 20 or so years? Maybe I can win for a new take on Monica Lewinsky or some other distraction. I wonder how Monica is doing these days?

Last edited:

Link
I remember Chico, probably b/c his name is somewhat distinctive. This article about Chico getting the Post job mentions that the 2 were roommates at SU.

I remember Chico, probably b/c his name is somewhat distinctive. This article about Chico getting the Post job mentions that the 2 were roommates at SU.
Wow. Still a little early in their careers to say this but it looks like that pairing might become the journalism equivalent of JB and Dave Bing getting paired together as college roommates.

If things take an unexpected turn, perhaps more like Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom