Embedding video | Syracusefan.com

Embedding video

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Is there an issue embedding video from YouTube with Firefox? When I right-click on a video and choose 'Copy embed html', I can paste the following:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U1TSsS-mB6c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then, when I create the post, that's exactly what shows up, not the video, ready to play.

Is there something I need to change in the html? Thanks.

I always click the little film strip looking thing.. below the smiley drop down, to the right. Next to the thing that looks like a tree... just copy the link from your browser, and paste it in there.

Thanks, but I don't see those icons. Is it a Firefox thing?
Test.JPG

What about embedding videos hosted on Facebook? I always use the film strip icon to embed videos from Youtube like CuseTroop explained here. The pop-up window says FB videos can be embedded, but when I attempted to do so today the site told me to go F myself (I'm paraphrasing. It actually said "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media"). One of these vids was: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151405925846245&set=vb.304460626312965&type=2&theater

I know it says "photo" in the URL, but I assure you that it does link to a video.

Any guidance on embedding from Facebook? Thanks.

When I copy and paste that link directly into the Update Status box, the article/page/video populates and is ready for posting. Or am I misunderstanding your problem?

When I copy and paste that link directly into the Update Status box, the article/page/video populates and is ready for posting. Or am I misunderstanding your problem?
Update status box? Where?

Top of the FB page - where you update your status.
Ah. Now I see. No, I'm talking about taking a video that's hosted by Facebook and trying to embed it here at Syracusefan.com. That's what I'm having technical problems with. That's why I linked to the videos in the Winter Workout thread on the football board; I couldn't get them to embed.

Ah. Now I see. No, I'm talking about taking a video that's hosted by Facebook and trying to embed it here at Syracusefan.com. That's what I'm having technical problems with. That's why I linked to the videos in the Winter Workout thread on the football board; I couldn't get them to embed.

I feel like I have ran into this problem before. I think I had to go to the actual youtube page, and post that link. let me try real quick

Sorry - didn't mean to give you false hope that I actually knew what I was talking about. I misinterpreted your OP.

I feel like I have ran into this problem before. I think I had to go to the actual youtube page, and post that link. let me try real quick
That's the problem. The videos aren't hosted on YouTube. They uploaded them directly to Facebook as far as I can tell.

Normally there is somewhere on the video that you can click that takes you to the youtube page. I'm not seeing it here. They must have uploaded it right to facebook. Let me get some work done real quick, then I'll mess around with it

Normally there is somewhere on the video that you can click that takes you to the youtube page. I'm not seeing it here. They must have uploaded it right to facebook. Let me get some work done real quick, then I'll mess around with it
Cool! Hope you can figure it out because I sure can't.