endowments | Syracusefan.com

endowments

tipphill

All Conference
just looking at a list of endowments and there are a several private schools that are similar or smaller than su that have research, medical and law schools, some highly rated, some middle of the road. some have similar endowments as us, some more some less. just asking the question why is a school such as wake forest (just one of several examples) able to have such a stellar reputation, have both very good law and medical schools, and we struggle with law, research and do not have medical school. do we even want the medical school back? how did we get into a situation where our academics other than 2-3 selected schools, have suffered. i believe we need to have a partnership with suny in the medical school arena and biomedical research. su has taken a let sleeping dogs lie approach to these areas much like we have done with the football program. i hope the new chancellor has a proactive approach re: this. we have been neglectful and reactive rather than visionary. am i way off base here ?

Cuse's endowment would be much bigger but the school lost a huge chunk when Franklin Auto went bankrupt in the 30's...still it is pretty good size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom