Ennis On the Move Again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis On the Move Again

It's a good fit minutes wise but I'm not sure Ennis plays the style you would want with Harden. Harden wants to beat people down the court and score in transition so I would think you would want the other guard to be a quicker guy that can facilitate that and play lock down defense on the other teams best guard since Harden is a terrible defender. I honestly haven't seen Ennis play a lot in the league but I would think of him as better fit for a team that has really good bigs and likes playing in the half court.

Not many of those tyoe of offences left in the NBA. Either have a high scoring guard, or one that plays off the 2 as a equal ball handler and can play some 3+D. Some teams do run a classic point as a backup which I have to feel is Ennis potential upside . But as a starter I just don't see him as a fit in the league.

But even as a classic point he has to ensure that he does not fall into the overly conservative trap.

Not the greatest fit, but far from the worst. In the end, Ennis is getting paid to play ball, and will continue to for a long time. I hope the best for Tyler, and that Houston works out well for him,

For what it's worth, D'Antoni is now saying Harden is the starting PG, so Harden and Gordon in the back court together until the inevitable Gordon injury.

Tyler could have gone to college for 100 years and he likely never profiled as a starting PG in the NBA.

For what it's worth, D'Antoni is now saying Harden is the starting PG, so Harden and Gordon in the back court together until the inevitable Gordon injury.

Tyler could have gone to college for 100 years and he likely never profiled as a starting PG in the NBA.

He could have been classmates with this guy:

rs_560x415-131028154129-1024.dangerfield-back-to-school.jpg

I read an article today that said Harden will be playing a lot of point guard this year...

Hmm weird, but I guess it goes to show just how close he is to being out of the league.

Disclaimer Edit: I'm not stating whether I think he did or did not make the right decision to come out, just pointing out that it looks less and less likely that he will be getting a second contract in the league.

Hmm weird, but I guess it goes to show just how close he is to being out of the league.

Disclaimer Edit: I'm not stating whether I think he did or did not make the right decision to come out, just pointing out that it looks less and less likely that he will be getting a second contract in the league.

His stock was higher when he left than it would have ever been if he stayed longer. At the end of the day, not only is it about playing in the league but it's making sure you're guaranteed a shot along with getting paid the most. In Tyler's case, he made the right decision to leave based on his stock and the money he was going to get.

His stock was higher when he left than it would have ever been if he stayed longer. At the end of the day, not only is it about playing in the league but it's making sure you're guaranteed a shot along with getting paid the most. In Tyler's case, he made the right decision to leave based on his stock and the money he was going to get.
Getting no second NBA contract is not a tragedy now.

Instead of hanging around in the D-league, TE can play in Europe or China or South America etc etc. Get paid a few hundred thousand or more for the season and see the world.

For someone as SMART as TE, that'll be making lemonade.

Getting no second NBA contract is not a tragedy now.

Instead of hanging around in the D-league, TE can play in Europe or China or South America etc etc. Get paid a few hundred thousand or more for the season and see the world.

For someone as SMART as TE, that'll be making lemonade.

Exactly. The fact that he'll be okay on that rookie contract means he made the right decision regardless of the way his career plays out.

you can decline a team option for THIS year after it already started? what?

you can decline a team option for THIS year after it already started? what?

It's the option for 2017-18 - next season.

This would have been Ennis' senior year. We would have three Tylers and a Tyus on the team. JB would have screamed "Ty!" :mad: and four guys would have looked at him. Too confusing.
Who would not be at SU the last 2 years if he had stayed?
Do we get to the FF with Ennis and not Malichi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom