Ennis | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

The full St. Benedict's Prep vs. St. Anthony High School game. There are 4 parts to this video.

Got a chance to see Tyler Ennis in action at the Derby City Classic on Friday in Louisville, KY. Had a nice game (finished with 20 points - believe he had 4 rebounds and 3 assists). He matched up against Conner Frankamp (Kansas) in the first half, who gave him issues early with his speed and ball-handling, but Tyler made adjustments and held him in check as the half went on. He matched up against Rysheed Jordan in the second half, and had his way. Jordan had no answer for Ennis and finished with just 4 points. Tyler's outside shot looked good, but will definitely improve going forward. Passing was strong and set up sequences nicely and rebounded strongly. He never looks like he is moving quickly, but always makes plays and defends strongly (that no-wasted motion tag recruit sites have pointed out with him). He drove to the basket nicely, but had four lay-ups just fall outside the basket. Very smooth operator who is going to have the poise to finish big games.

OT: Troy Williams, who is attending IU, stole the show. Explosive and has a high motor. Should be a good one for the Hoosiers. Was also very impressed with big-man Jarell Martin (LSU) - has range and is tough around the basket.

As per our Nova friend's findings here from ESPN:

Tyler "The Creator" Ennis now bumped up to a 5 star. We know better by now that we are not ESPN's "golden boy", but they do come around sometimes and either way, this little bit of "street credit" does play a small role in future recruitment efforts.

Ennis is now 20
Roberson is 31
BJ is in at 82...
and climbing ;)

Make sure you change the quality of the video to 1080p. Can't wait for Ennis!
I love the way he finishes with his off hand, I had not seen too much of that in the footage I have seen of him previously. Very impressive. Devendorf-esque with the left hand anyone?!

I love the way he finishes with his off hand, I had not seen too much of that in the footage I have seen of him previously. Very impressive. Devendorf-esque with the left hand anyone?!

I don't know if he can smell deuces like Devendorf though

In terms of overall impact in a game, I think that Ennis could be better than MCW. He may not match MCW's defensive ability (or height), but his handle is much better and his offensive game is further along.