EPL 2016 Thread | Syracusefan.com

EPL 2016 Thread

DeGrozz

All American
It's finally here. Time to kick off the 2016 season thread.

It's gonna be hard to top last year's entertainment, but we still have some great story-lines:

- Is Leicester a flash in the pan or are they gonna establish themselves as a contender again
- Can T'ham finally top Arsenal?
- Jose and Zlatan are in the same locker room. That's high-end unintentional comedy value right there. It's also gonna be awesome to see if Pogba's worth anywhere close to his transfer fee in the EPL.

Looking forward to it -- can't wait to have my Saturday mornings filled up again!

- Mid table
- yep
- Pogba will do OK. Absolutely MANU overpaid.

Lynden Gooch (20 year-old American) is starting for Sunderland today against Man City.

Excited for Mourinho vs. Guardiola this weekend. Too bad Aguero is going to be out, but that elbow to the neck was pretty dirty. I am optimistic to be seeing refs call actual penalties for excessive grabbing on corners this year. Great development, in my opinion, because it makes for a more honest game.

Very pleased about Chelsea's start under Conte, although they've been a little lucky so far, with a couple late wins. Luiz might be great as a deep lying MF next to Kante, in place of Matic, or as an alternative to him.

I could also see Luiz as being more effective as the forward playing Center Back in a back 3. Put Terry in the middle to organize them; with Luiz on the left, feeding Hazard's side, and Zouma on the right.

Play Azpilicueta and Willian alternating as right wing back.
The new guy, Marco Alonso, at left wing, with Victor Moses and Pedro for competition.

Kennedy could have looked good in that spot. I also think they moved out Baba too soon. He had led the Bundesliga in tackles the year before they signed him. They also could have brought back Christensen or Kalas to see if they are the answer at center back, or Nathan Ake as a holding midfielder or even a right back. Ryan Bertrand played well in a champions league final as a young guy and they never really gave him a proper chance. He could be a reliable rotation player right now.

Your mifield three are N'Golo Kante (occasionally backed up Rubin Loftus-Cheek), David Luiz/Nemanja Matic and Oscar/Febregas.

Play Hazard up front in a 3-5-2 alongside Diego, just like Atleti uses Griezmann up front. That leaves Batushuayi as the third striker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom