Erv | Syracusefan.com

Erv

orangeinohio

2023 Cali Award Participant
Does anybody think Erv is still hurt?
He hasn't been dynamic since he came back.

For some reason it seems like he's unaware while running routes, or unable to make a play on the ball unless it's thrown right into his hands... it's bizarre

For some reason it seems like he's unaware while running routes, or unable to make a play on the ball unless it's thrown right into his hands... it's bizarre
It's pretty clear he's not used to playing receiver still. He's a RB, and he still looks pretty unnatural going deep for passes when he actually has to adjust and make a play on the ball.

It's pretty clear he's not used to playing receiver still. He's a RB, and he still looks pretty unnatural going deep for passes when he actually has to adjust and make a play on the ball.
Yeah, but having the ball hit you on the helmet? No adjustment required.

It's because he wastes so much practice time on expressback horse poop

Bingo. And it's not just him. Our WRs should have drawn at least two PI calls if they had better coaching in going for a ball.

Bingo. And it's not just him. Our WRs should have drawn at least two PI calls if they had better coaching in going for a ball.
Those refs sucked. Unreal how many calls they missed
Do we get any points for that?
we would be bowl eligible of that was the case

Those refs sucked. Unreal how many calls they missed
we would be bowl eligible of that was the case

Refs may have sucked, but if our WRs were better coached how to get a thrown ball we would have gotten at least two more calls.

They have no idea how to position their bodies and use their athleticism at the point of the potential reception.

Ish has size and can leverage it well. The other guys just aren't where they need to be in terms of the nuances of pass catching.

Refs may have sucked, but if our WRs were better coached how to get a thrown ball we would have gotten at least two more calls.

They have no idea how to position their bodies and use their athleticism at the point of the potential reception.

Ish has size and can leverage it well. The other guys just aren't where they need to be in terms of the nuances of pass catching.
I agree to a point fsu has same studs in the secondary. One will be a top 10 draft pick. Some things we can blame on coaching but other then ish none of the other receivers should be considered in the same league as those guys

I agree to a point fsu has same studs in the secondary. One will be a top 10 draft pick. Some things we can blame on coaching but other then ish none of the other receivers should be considered in the same league as those guys

That's fair. And maybe having Erv trying to be RB and WR is just too much right now.

Millhouse said:
It's because he wastes so much practice time on expressback horse poop

Like what? Running routes? Taking a hand off?

That's fair. And maybe having Erv trying to be RB and WR is just too much right now.
Yeah I agree it's a big ask for a guy to change positions that dramatically. he spent all his life running from the backfield now they are asking him to do that and be a receiver. Completely different talent to run receive routes then catch a deep ball.

TheCusian said:
Like what? Running routes? Taking a hand off?
I think being a running back takes practice. I think being a wr takes practice. That's why most teams that aren't stupid have running backs and wr that are different people

Or come back to the ball and let the defender crash into you.

I think being a running back takes practice. I think being a wr takes practice. That's why most teams that aren't stupid have running backs and wr that are different people

Running backs work on the jugs machine and run patterns out of the back field in practice. A lot of play making wide receivers are working on jet sweeps and reverses. There is nothing wrong with developing a type of playmaker that both runs and catches the ball. It's year one of the system. Phillips is a second year player. Strickland is a first. Both are learning the system. They should get time to develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom