ESPN.com poll question re: Adrian Peterson | Syracusefan.com

ESPN.com poll question re: Adrian Peterson

Eric15

Living Legend
Do you agree with the Vikings' decision to bar Adrian Peterson from all team activities?

A majority of every state in the country said yes, except for Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina which said no. I'm perplexed by the South's rationale on this one.

Do you agree with the Vikings' decision to bar Adrian Peterson from all team activities?

A majority of every state in the country said yes, except for Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina which said no. I'm perplexed by the South's rationale on this one.

Texas and Oklahoma make sense--he's from Texas, and played collegiately at Oklahoma.

they're the idiots that beat midgets with tree branches

It's a whole different world down there. States are poor and education levels are low. In 2009 only 79.9% of Texans had a high school diploma -- yikes.

Whipping a little boy until he has open wounds and sticking leaves in his mouth is ok to those states. Another reminder as to why the North won the Civil War.

It's a whole different world down there. States are poor and education levels are low. In 2009 only 79.9% of Texans had a high school diploma -- yikes.
Yet Texas has an unbelievable economy... but you gotta take the good with the bad.

Wow, how is that even possible?

football is the master religion that rules all religious faiths down there......everything else is window dressing.

Yet Texas has an unbelievable economy... but you gotta take the good with the bad.
well if you consider that they lead the country in minimum wage job gains....it's a good thing and switches are free from the neighbors tree

The more I read about it, the more I believe it is a cycle of abuse. I don't have nearly enough information to state my hypothesis as fact, but it was a little worrisome to me to hear AP's mother and uncles saying that it was how they were disciplined and it's how they disciplined their kids. Now we are seeing the next generation carrying on the trend and the continued excuses of 'this is how I was raised and I turned out fine'. Unfortunately, I doubt this ends with AP in this family. After seeing these poll results (and granted, only the results posted on this forum) it makes me wonder if severe corporal punishment is that much more prevalent in the South that it created a culture of acceptance. I'm sure there have to be stats out there on this that someone more plugged into the sociology world than I am would have.

The Union forever, hoo-rah, boys, hoo-rah!

F Dixie!

well if you consider that they lead the country in minimum wage job gains...it's a good thing and switches are free from the neighbors tree
Cost of living is so cheap there that the poor can basically live as the middle class

New York's HS Graduation rate in 2013 was 75%. Texas had an 86% graduation rate in 2013. And economically, Texas and New York aren't even in the same ballpark. Probably not the best comparison.

Last edited:
I think he deserves the 6 games under the new policy and then should be allowed back to play. If he didnt learn lesson and theres a next time, then done for good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom