Class of 2016 - Espn final 2016 rankings...lol | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Espn final 2016 rankings...lol

bornagainOrange

2nd String
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...rankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2016

For those of you who really don't buy into the UK and Duke player rank jump once they commit, just have to look at this as proof. Meanwhile, our boy Moyer goes out and puts up really solid -good #s in a stacked prep league, and he drops several spots. Battle stays the same. ...overall, laughable. It's good though, gives those guys a chip on their shoulders

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...rankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2016

For those of you who really don't buy into the UK and Duke player rank jump once they commit, just have to look at this as proof. Meanwhile, our boy Moyer goes out and puts up really solid -good #s in a stacked prep league, and he drops several spots. Battle stas the same. ...overall, laughable. It's good tbough, gives those guys a chip on their shoulders

So the Connecticut HS player of the year is 74th?

Man I love Kevin Huerter has a player out of Shen, but man.

I do think ESPN has the worst rankings. Hype machine.

It looks like Harvard should be dominating the Ivy League for the foreseeable future.

It looks like Harvard should be dominating the Ivy League for the foreseeable future.

4 top 100 kids to an Ivy... I wonder if that has ever happened before?

4 top 100 kids to an Ivy... I wonder if that has ever happened before?
It's crazy isn't it? It looks like Amaker has found a good fit for himself. If they can continue to grab a few of the top 100 kids each year, they could be consistently close to the top 25, because you know these kids will be mostly 4 year kids.

Good for Harvard.

If we didn't lose the scholarships originally, would Huerter have been a strong possibility for us? He would've been a perfect addition to Battle/Moyer.

For those of you who really don't buy into the UK and Duke player rank jump once they commit, just have to look at this as proof. Meanwhile, our boy Moyer goes out and puts up really solid -good #s in a stacked prep league, and he drops several spots. Battle stays the same. ...overall, laughable. It's good though, gives those guys a chip on their shoulders

Who jumped a ton after they committed to Duke or UK? Most of those guys were top 10-15 mainstays before they committed.

Who jumped a ton after they committed to Duke or UK? Most of those guys were top 10-15 mainstays before they committed.

I can't answer that question, but I do think ESPN's rankings are garbage and I made a point to that on twitter this morning.

For instance let's look at last years rankings. Chase Jeter was 11 and Derryck Thornton was 17.

Malachi Richardson was 24 and Tyler Lydon was 76. Who are the two better players? Who are the two better players in regards to NBA potential?

They do a decent job with the top ten, but some of those other guys get pushed to the top and into the Burger boy game if they have committed to certain schools. I questioned ESPN on this on twitter this morning and apparently I hurt their feelings cause all the guy did was insult me personally. You don't have to believe it, but everywhere I read Matthew Moyer has improved and dominated one of the best prep leagues in the country, was the Connecticut HS player of the year, yet he dropped 20 spots in the current process. It makes zero sense.

Bam, Gabriel both jumped quite a few spots. Not saying they didn't deserve jumps, but some get "extra " love...and for what, extra clicks? I think it's totally ridiculous Moyer dropped almost 20 spots.

Bam, Gabriel both jumped quite a few spots. Not saying they didn't deserve jumps, but some get "extra " love...and for what, extra clicks? I think it's totally ridiculous Moyer dropped almost 20 spots.

Sacha Killeya-Jones was like 47 when we was originally committed to UVA, then he commits to UK and jumps 20 spots. :confused:

I can't answer that question, but I do think ESPN's rankings are garbage and I made a point to that on twitter this morning.

For instance let's look at last years rankings. Chase Jeter was 11 and Derryck Thornton was 17.

Malachi Richardson was 24 and Tyler Lydon was 76. Who are the two better players? Who are the two better players in regards to NBA potential?

They do a decent job with the top ten, but some of those other guys get pushed to the top and into the Burger boy game if they have committed to certain schools. I questioned ESPN on this on twitter this morning and apparently I hurt their feelings cause all the guy did was insult me personally. You don't have to believe it, but everywhere I read Matthew Moyer has improved and dominated one of the best prep leagues in the country, was the Connecticut HS player of the year, yet he dropped 20 spots in the current process. It makes zero sense.

I seen your twitter convo with Adam Finklenuts, you hurt his feelings

The Moyer drop is a little odd, the thing is it's not just ESPN, scout's got him at 74.

Must have a link, I need to see this. haha

He said I can't spell because I used their wrong in an argument.

I told him "if his rankings were so good you would of had Chase Jeter a lot lower than 11th and Tyler Lydon a lot higher than 76".

His response was" I've now read enough of your tweets to know you struggle to spell"

Last edited:
Give me a follow if you would like. Name is Jordan Matis. He said I can't spell because I used their wrong in an argument.

I told him "if his rankings were so good you would of had Chase Jeter a lot lower than 11th and Tyler Lydon a lot higher than 76".

His response was" I've now read enough of your tweets to know you struggle to spell"

Yeah, you only respond with that when you have no other defense. I see that happen a lot on here as well. It's usually Townie's go to move.

Yeah, you only respond with that when you have no other defense. I see that happen a lot on here as well. It's usually Townie's go to move.
I agree, it is weak and lazy to call out someone's spelling instead of saying something like, "Jeter had a great AAU and high school season last year, that is why he was rated so highly. We missed on Lydon, he really came out of the woodwork and had a great season. As a Syracuse fan, you must be really excited."

What a shock, they dropped our guys for no apparent reason whatsoever, nice espn.

Arguing with them on Twitter won't help future rankings imo