ESPN Outside the Lines- New evidence that Pete Rose bet on baseball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Outside the Lines- New evidence that Pete Rose bet on baseball

Apparently Next week's story "We have evidence that OJ killed Nicole"

Just when I thought they couldn't get any more useless.

You mean Oj really did it, but they acquitted him, the glove didn't fit. ;)

Not as much as gambling, if you can't be sure that the game is on the up and up, you don't have a game.

I guess you don't have a game the because baseball has never been on the up and up in my mind.

I guess you don't have a game the because baseball has never been on the up and up in my mind.

Ped's are an interesting subject for me, because I honestly don't know how much they help a player get better, or what players are taking them. Imo taking Ped's aren't as bad for the game as Gambling. If you have players who are throwing games, you become the wwe.

I bet a friend we would win our last intramural basketball game.

I won 5 bucks.

I bet a friend we would win our last intramural basketball game.

I won 5 bucks.

You bass tard!! That's it no pick-up or intramural accolades for you! EVER!

Ped's are an interesting subject for me, because I honestly don't know how much they help a player get better, or what players are taking them. Imo taking Ped's aren't as bad for the game as Gambling. If you have players who are throwing games, you become the wwe.

Integrity of the game wise yes gambling is worse than PED's since at least they are meant to improve performance. But for stats and HOF the PED's are a bigger sin IMO

Last edited:
Integrity of the game eise yes gambling is worse than PED's since at least they are meant to improve performance. But for stats and HOF the PED's are a bigger sin IMO

Its going to be interesting to see how the voters handle the ped users, how long it will take for the arods, bonds, clemens, to get in.

Its going to be interesting to see how the voters handle the ped users, how long it will take for the arods, bonds, clemens, to get in.

Ah Pete, damn you, damn you Pete...you did this to yourself

None forever I hope. No offense to their fans. Shoeless Joe is still waiting and Bonds, A rod and Clemens are worse.

None forever I hope. No offense to their fans. Shoeless Joe is still waiting and Bonds, A rod and Clemens are worse.
More pitchers used PEDs than hitters. If you keep out PED users, the Hall should kick out all players who used amphetamines and Gaylord Perry as well.
Also, why is FB so different. Paul Horning is in the HOF and he bet on games. Steroid users get in without question.

I am with you on Bonds and Clemens, A-rod is starting to become somewhat likeable, I think its possible he becomes the first to get voted in.

I think PED users should get in as well. I don't blame them for using at a time when they were competing against other users (both pitchers and hitters) and MLB (along with the players union) did nothing to discourage it. An unenforced law basically doesn't exist. Even Mike Schmidt said he might have used PEDs had he played in that era.

I am with you on Bonds and Clemens, A-rod is starting to become somewhat likeable, I think its possible he becomes the first to get voted in.
I doubt it. He is just comes across as phony, lied at least twice about using, and threatened to sue MLB. Not the best recipe for induction.

I doubt it. He is just comes across as phony, lied at least twice about using, and threatened to sue MLB. Not the best recipe for induction.

He is a phony, but fans and writers seem to have turned the corner on him this year, he won't get in the first couple of times, but I think down the road he has a shot.

He is a phony, but fans and writers seem to have turned the corner on him this year, he won't get in the first couple of times, but I think down the road he has a shot.
He has no shot in his lifetime. He's been caught using more than once, he's lied about it repeatedly, and he very well may have been using PEDs for most of his career. His numbers are tarnished, as are the numbers of the other high-profile cheaters of his era. Too bad, because A-Rod and many of the others who have disgraced the game would have been great players without the PEDs.

He has no shot in his lifetime. He's been caught using more than once, he's lied about it repeatedly, and he very well may have been using PEDs for most of his career. His numbers are tarnished, as are the numbers of the other high-profile cheaters of his era. Too bad, because A-Rod and many of the others who have disgraced the game would have been great players without the PEDs.

And ARod shown he will take down anybody to protect himself. I have no respect for the guy at all. You're totally right - Bonds was an EASY hall of famer before he decided he needed to turn into the hulk to try to go down as a legend (not really the word I'm looking for, but you get the point)

And ARod shown he will take down anybody to protect himself. I have no respect for the guy at all. You're totally right - Bonds was an EASY hall of famer before he decided he needed to turn into the hulk to try to go down as a legend (not really the word I'm looking for, but you get the point)
That should never be forgotten, and should give anyone pause before buying into the repentant, reformed man we are apparently seeing today.

That should never be forgotten, and should give anyone pause before buying into the repentant, reformed man we are apparently seeing today.

That's why I'm also not president of the Ryan Braun fan club. He absolutely destroyed that test collector to protect himself. If you make a mistake, okay. Own up to it and serve your punishment but don't do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom