ESPN preseason prediction-no Cuse but ACC has three of top six | Syracusefan.com

ESPN preseason prediction-no Cuse but ACC has three of top six

I like when we start the season unranked.
I agree, but that top 25 seems very lazy. It looks like they just asked themselves, "Who was good last year?" And then shuffled them about without real consideration to what those teams actually lost. I think Iowa State losing their coach is a pretty big deal. Notre Dame losing their heart and soul with both Grant and Connaughton graduating, how are they even ranked? Anyway, none of it matters, this SU team will be good in March.

The pre season ranking is always based on returning players with name recognition plus incoming elite top 15 impact freshmen. SU has neither so it's no surprise we are not ranked. Doesn't mean we can't have a good season IF some of the guys step up, develop and play well. But the fall into middle of the pack status in the ACC is a concern. While our level of recruiting has remained good, certainly on par with the norm during the Big East years, it is not good enough to keep SU near the top of the ACC. Duke is on a whole different level and I was afraid of that when we switched leagues. But as good as we've done, it's not good enough (at least so far) to stay with UNC, Ville, and UVA. Hope the staff has another gear and can shift into overdrive to get more of the players needed to stay in the top rung. Getting Battle certainly provides hope.

Until we can step up our offensive game we will not be top tier in the ACC. We have to have some players who can put the ball in the hoop with some consistency. Our defense has held up fairly decently.

Our offense has been worse than average the past couple of years. Without Rak we would've been even worse last year...we don't have him this year. Got to have some offensive playmakers. We'll see.

Until we can step up our offensive game we will not be top tier in the ACC. We have to have some players who can put the ball in the hoop with some consistency. Our defense has held up fairly decently.

Our offense has been worse than average the past couple of years. Without Rak we would've been even worse last year...we don't have him this year. Got to have some offensive playmakers. We'll see.

I think we're in good shape offensively because we finally have an adequate number of shooters. Outside shooting has been the main issue with our offense since joining the ACC, so hopefully we stay strong enough in the other areas that the added shooting provides a boost.

Replacing Rak's production isn't going to be a big issue, we just won't get most of it from the Center possition, which is typical for our offense.

Help is on the way. Now that the NCAA stuff is no longer lingering, just watch what these guys do on the recruiting trail.

Wow, there are certainly some questionable teams in that ranking. Vandy? Texas A&M? SMU...again (sorry, never was on their bandwagon last year)?

Texas A&M and Wisconsin ... mhm

In Gbinije, Trevon, and Roberson I trust.

Trevon? As in Duval?
Nah one of the network announcers called Trevor "trevon" last year during a game... may have been Reggie Witherspoon

Nah one of the network announcers called Trevor "trevon" last year during a game... may have been Reggie Witherspoon
Wait. I guessed correctly. What do I win?
download.png

I know these early top 25's are a load of crap, but I don't understand how someone could not put us in there, with the talent we have, and have coming in.

Villanova way overrated. Pinkston and Hilliard were the heart of that team

Wow, there are certainly some questionable teams in that ranking. Vandy? Texas A&M? SMU...again (sorry, never was on their bandwagon last year)?
you need to take closer look at Vandy, talented FR become Soph, have a player Damian Jones, legit first round, maybe lottery, look him up

you need to take closer look at Vandy, talented FR become Soph, have a player Damian Jones, legit first round, maybe lottery, look him up

I'm familiar with Damian Jones and they certainly will have an easy go in the SEC, however Vandy seems to be consistently overrated through the years, and this year is no exception. But maybe Jones will be Vandy's Melo.

I'm familiar with Damian Jones and they certainly will have an easy go in the SEC, however Vandy seems to be consistently overrated through the years, and this year is no exception. But maybe Jones will be Vandy's Melo.
is a team overrated that may or may not turn over personel every year. Kind of like when the pundits used to say SU would go out early, years after they lost to Richmond. I'm sure you are correct