ESPN ranks the 65 P5 jobs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN ranks the 65 P5 jobs

So... in other words this list is based purely on opinion.

Got it, we now know that this writer and those he polled (not poled) does not like Syracuse for whatever reason. So noted.

EDIT: Funny how the Dome is a negative for football and a positive for basketball.

5 years ago Baylor would have been behind us. Maybe TCU too. These things change as teams win games, period. Might as well have just ranked the best BCS teams in that list, not the best jobs.

Syracuse, at its best, is probably around 30-45.

5 years ago Baylor would have been behind us. Maybe TCU too. These things change as teams win games, period. Might as well have just ranked the best BCS teams in that list, not the best jobs.

Syracuse, at its best, is probably around 30-45.
Bingo! These things absolutely change. We can all disagree about the ranking but it just shows how the football program is now perceived on a national level by head coaches. Start winning and this will change. It doesn't help the team is coming off of a poor season either.

Got it, we now know that this writer and those he polled (not poled) does not like Syracuse for whatever reason. So noted.

EDIT: Funny how the Dome is a negative for football and a positive for basketball.

The AP and Coaches polls are also based off of opinion. Do those voters not like Syracuse either?

Schiano and/or Dave Clawson clearly was the coach(es) being quoted. Both of them loathe Syracuse and each excels at being super douche'y.

Rocco said:
Schiano and/or Dave Clawson clearly was the coach(es) being quoted. Both of them loathe Syracuse and each excels at being super douche'y.
clawson really is pretty annoying ESP after we destroyed them and had duche comments about it

I would like to list 5 places I'd rather be in than Syracuse in October.

1. Hawaii because who the hell wouldn't want to be here any month of the year?
2. Ohio because it never snows there. Oh wait.
3. Texas because besides football, women's private parts are a handy diversion to the reality of life suck.
4. Florida, where the serial killers go to live.
and 5. Notre Dame, irrelevant in everything but because of their TV contract and notoriety they can fake it.

If you factor in salary, as you should when you're ranking jobs, we deserve a poor showing here.
Salary will always be a factor between a private school and a state tax payer funded school.

Why funny? It is the largest on-campus facility for basketball -- opportunity to play before 30,000 plus crowds. For football, if filled to capacity, it can be loud and exciting, but still only holds 48,000. Not going to match the SEC or BiG stadiums with 2X the capacity, and better tailgate opportunities.

Why funny? It is the largest on-campus facility for basketball -- opportunity to play before 30,000 plus crowds. For football, if filled to capacity, it can be loud and exciting, but still only holds 48,000. Not going to match the SEC or BiG stadiums with 2X the capacity, and better tailgate opportunities.
48k rocking in the dome are probably louder than any other open air stadium in college football. Seriously. And the crowd is comparatively close to the field.

Pitt should be ranked really well on the list. There is always a position open, every 6 - 8 games or so.

The AP and Coaches polls are also based off of opinion. Do those voters not like Syracuse either?

What difference does it make in this situation...that is usually based on the product on the field. It is hard to ignore play on the field...being 8-1 or 10-1 is hard to ignore. Venue, facilities, coaching salaries are easy to have opinions about. Records and strength of schedule are not a matter of opinion.

Saying you don't like a building or a certain area's weather is entirely different. That is 100% a matter of opinion, from people who most likely have never been here more than overnight for a game.

Last edited:

Funny because it's the same building... those people that say it sucks for football are the same people that think it is awesome for basketball, get it. The building didn't change, their opinion did.

Most of those people forming their opinion most likely have never sat anywhere but the press or coaches box for a game.

List is a joke on face value.

Meanwhile schools like Michigan and Notre Dame play in 90 year old freezing dumps...

Seriously, what a dump.

michigan-stadium_660.jpg

CLUB-SEATS-thumb-590x386-47099.jpg

Outdoor%20Club_FINAL.jpg

AR_40134_MichiganStadiumRenov_MI_2010_11.jpg

image_thumb193.png

Agreed. Winters suck, but it has awesome summers / falls.

Was there in late Dec through Jan 2. Had a blast! Went to the new Surly brewery, Travail, Guthrie Theater, and many other places.

Was there in late Dec through Jan 2. Had a blast! Went to the new Surly brewery, Travail, Guthrie Theater, and many other places.

It might have actually been WARM while you were here [not sure about that specific timeframe, but we had a weird thaw where temperatures "soared" into the 40s for several days right around the holidays. Might have been pre-Christmas.

I would like to list 5 places I'd rather be in than Syracuse in October.

1. Hawaii because who the hell wouldn't want to be here any month of the year?
2. Ohio because it never snows there. Oh wait.
3. Texas because besides football, women's private parts are a handy diversion to the reality of life suck.
4. Florida, where the serial killers go to live.
and 5. Notre Dame, irrelevant in everything but because of their TV contract and notoriety they can fake it.

Just wondering where that comes from?

I agree with many of the comments already made; however, remember that a person's perception is that person's reality.

When it's time for SU to replace Scott -- regardless of the circumstances -- and people start saying that we need to have a "big name" coach, the article will again rear its ugly head.

At that time, even if SU offers $2-3 million, where is that big name going to go? To an "obsolete" dome (see other threads) close to the Arctic Circle and no recently history of a winning program or to a school in a more temperate climate with modern facilities. This article will haunt us in recruiting and through at least one coach search cycle. :bang:

Virginia is way too low at 51. They have access to good HSFB and beautiful campus. I would think they would be top 30. Offer me Mississippi State, Maryland, Pitt or Virginia I am taking UVA first no doubt.

There's no way I'm going to equate the desirability of the UVa job with Bama's, but I really have to question how well those putting these rankings together separated the "working conditions" at each school from the performance of the current coach.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom