ESPN recruiting rankings | Syracusefan.com

ESPN recruiting rankings

This class is off to a solid start. Would like to see another dt rb DE CB LB OL

Babers is clearly our better recruiter since P.
Gerg could get talent but couldn't get an entire class of P5 players
Marrone got P5 players all around but didn't get high end talent like Gerg got
Shafer had energy but and was like Gerg. He got more decent P5 talent but couldn't get an entire class ready to help.

Babers is recruiting to his system and is bringing in an uptick of talent. If we get a class in the high 30's or low 40's we are right on track.

Just a suspicion...I bet he has about a dozen 5th year WR's looking at Cuse.

Without question. We're the new destination school for 5th year transfers or JUCO guys. Until some of the younger guys are ready to go, it's an inviting offer to come here and start from day 1.

Without question. We're the new destination school for 5th year transfers or JUCO guys. Until some of the younger guys are ready to go, it's an inviting offer to come here and start from day 1.
Would we take a 5th year RB?

Would love to grab a RB. Cant imagine how overpowering this offense would be with a stud RB.

Strickland and #22 are good enough. A RB is only as good as his blocking. Look at the NFL. The cowboys in particular. the RB position has been devalued over the years. Just need a smart rb who can take hits and not fumble. We have that. Strick and mcfarland will excel as the oline matures.

Ish88888 said:
Strickland and #22 are good enough. A RB is only as good as his blocking. Look at the NFL. The cowboys in particular. the RB position has been devalued over the years. Just need a smart rb who can take hits and not fumble. We have that. Strick and mcfarland will excel as the oline matures.

They may be but they are not feared players. We need a player other defenses fear can make a huge play. They dont give us that. Serviceable? Yes. Eite? No

McFarland?

Just a suspicion...I bet he has about a dozen 5th year WR's looking at Cuse.
i think better than that---hs and early transfers ---if we can sell them on consistency for the future. the hard sell will be a rb and te.

Would we take a 5th year RB?

I really don't think we need a 5th year RB. It's about the o-line this year, not a real lack of talent at RB. We're more of a passing team now anyways. RBs in this system serve as great complements, but that's about it IMHO.

I'd beat the bushes for a legit juco left tackle and move Conway over to the right

As these younger kids continue to develop, this is spot on. An OT and a legit lockdown CB. They are a dime a dozen.

Having a virus video and top-ranked qb/wr should help that number.

Dino has loved the run the past.. i think he wants to take whatever the D will give you, if we were running as well as we are passing we dont lose that Wake game. I would love to see someone like that FR Wake RB in our system just running people over when there are only 5-6 in the box.

Dino has loved the run the past.. i think he wants to take whatever the D will give you, if we were running as well as we are passing we dont lose that Wake game. I would love to see someone like that FR Wake RB in our system just running people over when there are only 5-6 in the box.

I think he knows that he has 4 really really good WRs, so he's ok with making the run more of a keep them honest chess piece this year.

We lose 2 of the WRs, reinforcements might be ready, but still might be a bit too young, so next year we're going to need more from the running game.

When the OL is older, the RBs are more ready, and the WRs are reloaded, it's going to be unreal.

Even Clemson and FSU are going to worry this year. We just faced two of the Top 5 statistical defenses in the country, and 500+ yards later, we walked out with 2 wins. We have everyone's attention. 4 WRs who can take over a game and a QB who can elude the rush and deliver them the ball.

Our offense has only been feared one season since McNabb left (2012).

Totally disagree. I think that's a lazy approach. Sure anyone can carry the ball, but the truly good RB's are the one's who have the instincts for the positions. You just can't assume that guys have the quick feet, cutting ability, vision, patience and feel just because they have good size and can run. They may do ok, but unless you are a true RB you can never be elite.

imo we need to go after a couple stud RB's this class.

You could argue that we have had some pretty good RBs but a STUD running back you might have to go back to Joe Morris. We had some really nice rbs in the 80s. Mungro had a decent pro career and was better than many realized. Reyes was a one hole speed guy but had no moves.

Smith/Carter would have been good in this one back set though, really hard to bring down one on one but a micheal owens/ david walker type would be killer too.

hard to believe with our RB history we cant get an elite one to come here

Totally disagree. I think that's a lazy approach. Sure anyone can carry the ball, but the truly good RB's are the one's who have the instincts for the positions. You just can't assume that guys have the quick feet, cutting ability, vision, patience and feel just because they have good size and can run. They may do ok, but unless you are a true RB you can never be elite.

imo we need to go after a couple stud RB's this class.
To me the big question is how good do we think Strickland can be? He's managing what Babers wants from the position the best among what's in the roster, but I wouldn't say he's shining. Can he in the future? It's not crazy to believe he can improve a lot.

You know who I keep thinking would have been awesome in this offense? Ant Bailey. I just feel like he would have been incredible in this scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom