ESPN recruiting rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN recruiting rankings

All good citations and i get it. However, there has been a devaluing of the rb position for about 8-10 years and now teams are realizing that the same thing is happening at the wr position. N9 need to dump a boat load of $$$ into these positions. Systems win, not players. The pats prove that. Its all on the qb and the oline. The rest will fall in place with guys that understand the system. The lions are a better offense without Megatron and the vikings arent missing Peterson. Pay your qb, lt, and oline.
In college everyone on the team is paid the same (unless you're in the SEC). I think the devaluation of RB is more pronounced in the NFL than college. The drop off from one guy to the next is much less in the pros. A stud RB in college can make average offensive lines look really good. I'd rather have to recruit one or two great RB's that can make five average o-linemen look good than have to recruit five great o-linemen that have to make an average RB look good.

All good citations and i get it. However, there has been a devaluing of the rb position for about 8-10 years and now teams are realizing that the same thing is happening at the wr position. N9 need to dump a boat load of $$$ into these positions. Systems win, not players. The pats prove that. Its all on the qb and the oline. The rest will fall in place with guys that understand the system. The lions are a better offense without Megatron and the vikings arent missing Peterson. Pay your qb, lt, and oline.
for the system to work you need a complete system. the pats work , but they have 2 TEs, a QB and oline and a pretty good RB, then a couple WRs who know how to do what they are supposed to..

I agree though that the olines/qb really make the NFL and that is true in college too.

Some teams though like Pitt/cinci/atlanta have a real #1 wr that really make the offense go.

I imagine a smaller yet sturdy and explosive Devontae Booker type here someday...drool. By the way, he was 3 stars.

So there we have it. The Lewis family will recruit a 6 foot 220 RB that can block, catch the ball like a WR and run a 4.4 and the Babers family will exploit college football with his offense and defense...and there, we will have our peace. But, if so much as a team tries to stop his offense to under 30 points and then Babers will not forgive, and he will blame some of the teams in the P5. That said, until the batter is done and the cake is baked he will not be the one to break the peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom