Espys | Syracusefan.com

Espys

I have to admit, I shed a few tears last night. Sager, when I saw Pearl in the montage and the Arthur Ashe Award winner (throughout the whole thing).

I have successfully managed to skip every ESPY show. The day after the all star game is the worst sports day of the year and the ESPYs make it worse.

I avoid award shows, which are self important, egotistcal, vapid and devoid of any merit.
Did the NBA guys call for an end to black on black violence, all violence, or was it just a police issue.
Did they denounce the cop killings and anti cop rhetoric, or play to the "kill the white cops" BLM crowd?
Did they discuss the inner city drop out rate and encourage education as a way out of the poverty and violence cycle of the inner cities?
Did they call upon their fellow athletes to go back home, invest in their home towns, and try to bring an economic surge to those who need jobs?

I avoid award shows, which are self important, egotistcal, vapid and devoid of any merit.
Did the NBA guys call for an end to black on black violence, all violence, or was it just a police issue.
Did they denounce the cop killings and anti cop rhetoric, or play to the "kill the white cops" BLM crowd?
Did they discuss the inner city drop out rate and encourage education as a way out of the poverty and violence cycle of the inner cities?
Did they call upon their fellow athletes to go back home, invest in their home towns, and try to bring an economic surge to those who need jobs?

Why don't you watch it and figure that out for yourself?

Lots of Syracuse/CNY connections in that show last night, between Carmelo, Breanna Stewart, VP Biden and unfortunately the In Memoriam (Pearl, Dolph Schayes, Will Smith, Dave Mirra).

shandeezy7 said:
Lots of Syracuse/CNY connections in that show last night, between Carmelo, Breanna Stewart, VP Biden and unfortunately the In Memoriam (Pearl, Dolph Schayes, Will Smith, Dave Mirra).

Also a Lebron shout out to Jim Brown, if I'm not mistaken.

They did all this then Obama left a video message saying he's going to take all the guns to help black people kill all the whites. Was s very weird night.

Sounds like youve already made your mind up.(and are wrong, of course) You could just take 3 minutes and actually watch it.

It's a worthless award show, always has been. I mean how did Connor Mcgregor get "fighter of the year"...he lost his last fight. Guy only fights 2 times a year and you lose your last one and your fighter of the year? Shouldn't the fighter of the year win the 2 fights he has in a given year. It's a joke.

They pass out awards that have already been passed out. Football player of the year, um didn't we already pass out the MVP award?! lol...its totally silly.

Sounds like youve already made your mind up.(and are wrong, of course) You could just take 3 minutes and actually watch it.
I don't watch shows like that. Not the Emmys, the Oscars or the Grammys. None. I find them to be stupid.
I should have added to my OP that I hoped that they did go beyond and talk about more than the BLM stuff. They had a good platform to do so. I also am glad to see athletes using their platform to speak out. I just hoe that unlike so many "artists" they are actually informed about the issues and don't just speak platitudes. It would be a good forum to do so. However, my guess is that mostly white suburbanites are watching the ESPYs. in

I don't watch shows like that. Not the Emmys, the Oscars or the Grammys. None. I find them to be stupid.
I should have added to my OP that I hoped that they did go beyond and talk about more than the BLM stuff. They had a good platform to do so. I also am glad to see athletes using their platform to speak out. I just hoe that unlike so many "artists" they are actually informed about the issues and don't just speak platitudes. It would be a good forum to do so. However, my guess is that mostly white suburbanites are watching the ESPYs. in

I dont really watch those types of shows either. But ESPN had the Melo/Paul/Wade/Lebron video right on their home page, and I'm sure it's pretty easy to find on youtube. It's like 3 minutes long...not a big committment. You seemed to draw all kinds of conclusions(that werent correct) without even watching it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom