Estime | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Estime

On the flip side, do we have anyone on D with P5 speed outside of Morgan? I don't know about the young safeties and I get the argument about his value on offense, but it's worth talking about isn't it?
I am much less worried about speed at corner than on offense. If we're ever going to develop an assertive team "personality" we're going to need to do so through offense. We can move all the best athletes to defense, and stop the other guy most of the time, but then we have nothing left to assert our will and win the dang game.

I am not nearly as concerned about the D. Between the coaches and the existing players, we'll be fine without Estime, certainly by season's end and going forward.

And as a rule, I would put my fastest guys on offense.

Full_Rebar said:
On the flip side, do we have anyone on D with P5 speed outside of Morgan? I don't know about the young safeties and I get the argument about his value on offense, but it's worth talking about isn't it?

Most of our secondary has p5 speed.

He will remain on O that is for sure. He needs become a weapon on specials and should take every punt return. Its too late in my opinion to have him change again and i just dont seem him as being able to go both ways. I would leave him on O

I am much less worried about speed at corner than on offense. If we're ever going to develop an assertive team "personality" we're going to need to do so through offense. We can move all the best athletes to defense, and stop the other guy most of the time, but then we have nothing left to assert our will and win the dang game.

I am not nearly as concerned about the D. Between the coaches and the existing players, we'll be fine without Estime, certainly by season's end and going forward.

And as a rule, I would put my fastest guys on offense.

I'm not talking about moving all the best athletes, but we are talking about moving a guy who was better on defense in HS, and moving from a position w/depth to a position of need. It seems to me like we should be a little concerned about a defense which is relying on secondary of unproven players, especially at S, where a walk-on is the primary back-up at this point.

if I recall correctly he was recruited mostly as a DB from all other schools as well. He will be an assett wherever he is...just needs to be his best position i think. if he were moved after his freshman year then maybe...but i think at this point he needs to stick at WR.

Where would he have the stronger impact?

The last I heard, the idea is to score at least one more point than your opponent.
Syracuse has not demonstrated the ability to do that. In 2013 when Hunt was healthy, we eked out two wins by one point. We had no losses that were all that close.

Let's not screw him up like we did with Ashton. It is unfair to ask them to learn a new position every darn year. Just line up and play with what we have.

I want him out on the field on offense, but I am confused as to how they'd use him again, as
it seems Lester wants more time for a TE (or two TEs) on the field.

I think the best they're going to get is Ishmael/[pick one: Cornelius/Lewis/Custis]/Estime as WRs,
then you get an RB out there, and then you get a TE. If you put two TEs or two RBs out there, you're
taking away a WR; and I think Hunt and the offense in general needs its best playmakers out there
as often as possible. If the offense gets inside the ten, change it, or if they find that they end up in
2nd/3rd and short, by all means, get the bigger targets out there. But as a team, they really need as
many guys as possible who are threats for big chunks of yardage out there as much as then can be.

Ishmael gives you a do-it-all WR (and he'd better play 90% of the snaps), the second one is more
of a short/intermediate range guy, and Estime is a jitterbug. Of course, if the QB(s) can't get the
ball to anyone, they might need to refocus on running and short routes, but I really hope not.

Kev

I don't know i think he'd fit right in.

Cordy 5'8
Dowels 5'10
Hudson 5'10
Ellison 5'8
Morgan 5'10

it's like we're recruiting from the Shire.

Frodo Baggins 4'10"
Samwise Gamgee 5'0"
Peregrin Took 4'10"
Meri Brandybuck 4"9"

I keep hearing that Estime is our best playmaker. 38 catches for 397 yards and 2 touchdowns.

This is our best playmaker? I understand he is young and has been hurt, but in my opinion, I don't get the claim he is this big time playmaker out there.

And no, I can't see him on defense. He would get crushed. I'd like to see him in space for sure. Quick hitters to him. And by quick hitters I mean slants, not bubble screens.

GoHamSU said:
I keep hearing that Estime is our best playmaker. 38 catches for 397 yards and 2 touchdowns. This is our best playmaker? I understand he is young and has been hurt, but in my opinion, I don't get the claim he is this big time playmaker out there. And no, I can't see him on defense. He would get crushed. I'd like to see him in space for sure. Quick hitters to him. And by quick hitters I mean slants, not bubble screens.

To be fair we only scored 3 times last season.

For the record I would like to see him play both ways. If, and we certainly don't know anything for sure, but if he is the best we have at each position, then send him out there on both sides of the ball.

I keep hearing that Estime is our best playmaker. 38 catches for 397 yards and 2 touchdowns.

This is our best playmaker? I understand he is young and has been hurt, but in my opinion, I don't get the claim he is this big time playmaker out there.

And no, I can't see him on defense. He would get crushed. I'd like to see him in space for sure. Quick hitters to him. And by quick hitters I mean slants, not bubble screens.

No one can be a playmaker when the only play they run with him is a bubble screen that Hunt airmails 10 feet over his head. Marvin Harrison would have looked pedestrian in our offense the past couple years.

First things first, the kid needs to stay healthy. If he can do that, he will play and produce.

I think he would prob be a good CB for us but we are so desperate for offense I don't want to move any of our weapons. Especially after seeing the way we lost starters left and right I'm OK with having the depth on O

Looking back I wish he never came back last year and we could medical RS him

I think he would prob be a good CB for us but we are so desperate for offense I don't want to move any of our weapons. Especially after seeing the way we lost starters left and right I'm OK with having the depth on O

Looking back I wish he never came back last year and we could medical RS him
I agree.

When you look back on his first two years...you realize that he's been injured more often than not. I hope his ankle issues are finally resolved.

Getting him the ball while he's moving will help. He's fast, quick, but hasn't really been put in the best spots on the field it seems. Running slants with him should best utilize his talents. He can be the Welker, with a smaller helmet.

id have concerns w estime attempting to tackle. he seems fragile. everytime he gets hit, im hoping he is still breathing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom