Etan Thomas talking w/John Wallace and Lawrence Moten | Syracusefan.com

Etan Thomas talking w/John Wallace and Lawrence Moten

Moten: need seniors to play well, but Malachi's our "go-to guy."

Moten on Malachi: "I DEFINITELY don't think he's ready (to go pro)". He thinks he'll test the waters but should come back.

Neither understands or agrees with kids who are in such a rush to go pro and end up in the 2nd round or maxing out in the D-League.

In other words, if Mal continues to pour it on, he gone.

"Make the opponent do something he doesn't want to do."
This is exactly what a great coach does. The press isn't always about getting steals, it is about speeding up a methodical team. Virginia is very disciplined and they function very well in their comfort zone. That is also why a zone is effective against teams unaccustomed to it. Saturday, we have to throw something at UNC that they haven't seen. Obviously we will be in a zone, and they have seen it. Also, they seem to be like a team that could excel against a press, although it could surprise them and cause some turnovers, but once they get used to it, I think they would torch it, because they would be able to break it and I am sure they are preparing for it. So, the zone has to be especially active and the slides have to be extremely quick. Hands have to be up and ready to deflect passes. This is going to be fun to watch. I expect a fired up SU squad taking on a very talented UNC team.

Really fun interviews, actually. I didn't realize how positive and amped up Etan was about the program. Him and Wallace, in particular, sounded like a couple of uber-fans, which is just awesome to hear. Hope they'll be in Houston!

Jasoncuse said:
For the next 45 minutes, I believe Etan will be talking w/JW and Moten on DC radio: http://wpfwfm.org/radio/

Thanks Jason! I caught the last 15 min or so because of your post! People in DC must have HATED listening to that unless of course the bleed ORANGE!

Thanks Jason! I caught the last 15 min or so because of your post! People in DC must have HATED listening to that unless of course the bleed ORANGE!
No problem, saw Moten had posted about it on Facebook, thought I'd let everyone here know. I didn't even connect the DC/Georgetown aspect of it, hahaha!

It's already up in the archives for a listen:
The Collision: Sports and Politics
Thursday, March 31, 2016 10:00 am
http://wpfwfm.org/radio/programming/archived-shows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online