EURO2012 Official Thread | Syracusefan.com

EURO2012 Official Thread

bnoro

Lurker
Just wanted to start this off after Poland looked great in the first half, controlling play, and Lewandowski's goal was beautiful.

Two horrible calls to get that Greece player sent off, and a tough non-call on the handball in the box, although it clearly wasn't intentional. I think the cards will overshadow the game even though the Poles look real good.

A host country getting rediculous calls in their favor? Haven't seen that since South Africa trying to get the African nations through the groups.

This has been a weird game. Greece has looked much better with ten men- offensively and defensively.

Edit: And then the red card to the keeper? Even weirder.

I can see why ManU wants Lewandowski. Would make a nice pairing up front with Rooney.

This has been a weird game. Greece has looked much better with ten men- offensively and defensively.

Edit: And then the red card to the keeper? Even weirder.

It's an auto red card if the last man takes down someone through on goal even if it is the keeper. I'm not watching but he missed the ball entirely correct?

It's an auto red card if the last man takes down someone through on goal even if it is the keeper. I'm not watching but he missed the ball entirely correct?

Oh yeah. It was an auto red. The ball was well past and he chopped at the striker's feet.

Correct. He didn't come close to touching the ball. It was an easy call for the ref and the goalie didn't protest at all. He knew it was the right decision.

But what a play by his replacement. Dude comes on and first thing he does is turn away a penalty. Loved how he made sure to pick up the ball from the spot when he came on just to irk the shooter.

Oh yeah. It was an auto red. The ball was well past and he chopped at the striker's feet.

Ahhh didn't even look who I was replying too and thought you thought the red was weird because you didnt understand the rule.

Being an Everton supporter though, there was still a good chance you needed explanation of how football is to be played.

Being an Everton supporter though, there was still a good chance you needed explanation of how football is to be played.

right_arrow.gif
Everton 38 15 11 12 50 40 10 3 6 28 15 5 8 6 22 25 10 56
right_arrow.gif
Liverpool 38 14 10 14 47 40 6 9 4 24 16 8 1 10 23 24 7 52

That is all.

Michael Ballack: Excellent midfielder, awful TV commentator.

Michael Ballack: Excellent midfielder, awful TV commentator.
They couldn't find someone that spoke English apparently. Ballack struggled badly.

They couldn't find someone that spoke English apparently. Ballack struggled badly.

I wish they had brought back Roberto Martinez. He was awesome during the World Cup.

I wish they had brought back Roberto Martinez. He was awesome during the World Cup.
Ian Darke and Steve McManaman are the main announcing pair. Darke is one of my favorite announcers. No Ray Hudson this tournament evidently.

First time hearing Kasey Keller today. Really enjoyed him. Informative, intelligent and didn't talk too much.

Fun games, too.

Ian Darke and Steve McManaman are the main announcing pair. Darke is one of my favorite announcers. No Ray Hudson this tournament evidently.

They are a good team, although I think Darke could be paired with a potted plant and produce a good show. I prefer McManaman in the studio with Lalas.

russia looked great.. arshavin is really good on the ball.. zhukov is a very good end to end guy. their attack is very organized and the defense good enough. big question will be was this a result of how bad cze's defense is. feel bad for cech and rosicky.. two very good players on surrounded by a lot of mediocrity.

Had the games on at my job, Russia looked incredible. The Polish in me had me throwing a fist pump when the replacement keeper blocked the PK, imo that was the best moment of the day.

First Half: Balotelli-Cassano not working. Cassano looks great but Balo just not ready at this point. Unfortunately Prandelli is short on strikers. De Rossi has become Cannavaro. Italians carving out some space and getting behind the Spanish defenders. Cassillas saving Spain's butt.

The Euro's are awesome, I really wish USA was in something like this more than just the World Cup every 4 years.

The goal by Di Natale was a beautiful run, and quickly followed by trademark passing by Spain leading to a Fabregas goal. Big game for Italy today, showed they have what it takes to get out of the group.

Rossi was disappointing. Ley was serving him up some softballs and he provided nothing and looked super uncomfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom