EURO2012 Official Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

EURO2012 Official Thread

The goal that Zlatan scored today was a beauty. Same with Balotelli's from yesterday. Still haven't had a "wonder strike" but both of those were pretty.

The goal that Zlatan scored today was a beauty. Same with Balotelli's from yesterday. Still haven't had a "wonder strike" but both of those were pretty.

Welbeck vs Sweden , Van Der Vaart vs Portugal, Blaszczykowski vs Russia, and Pirlo free kick vs Croatia all were very nice. I didn't catch Balotelli's yesterday or anything from today yet.

Konoplyanka almost had one today, but Hart was able to knock it away near the end of the game.

Welbeck vs Sweden , Van Der Vaart vs Portugal, Blaszczykowski vs Russia, and Pirlo free kick vs Croatia all were very nice. I didn't catch Balotelli's yesterday or anything from today yet.
yeah all of those were very nice goals as well. Nothing super ridiculous though.

Great header by Cristiano Ronaldo to lead Portugal into the semi finals. He's finally shaking off that "non-clutch" label he's been given over the past few years.

thumbnail.aspx

I'm already wound up for today's match. I've got 3-0 to Germany, any other predictions?

thumbnail.aspx

I'm already wound up for today's match. I've got 3-0 to Germany, any other predictions?

On paper, this is probably the least interesting of the quarterfinal games. Germany is just too strong and Greece will not be able to sit back and absorb the German offense and try to score a goal on a counter attack like they did against Russia. If Germany scores early, Greece will be forced to come out of their shell and it could get ugly. Still, strange things happen in these knock out round games. I predict 0-0 at HT with Germany scoring 2 after the interval.

Gomez, Podolski, and Muller all on the bench to start. Interesting.
Only one I'm not sure about is Gomez. Podolski's been pretty average or worse in most of our games. Muller will be great off the bench. The only problem is that it creates chaos if this lineup does overly well or under-performs. I don't care about the controversy as long as things go according to plan. Also, the headline in the Bild was amazing. "Sorry Greece, today we can't save you."

Only one I'm not sure about is Gomez. Podolski's been pretty average or worse in most of our games. Muller will be great off the bench. The only problem is that it creates chaos if this lineup does overly well or under-performs. I don't care about the controversy as long as things go according to plan. Also, the headline in the Bild was amazing. "Sorry Greece, today we can't save you."

Muller is the one that I'm perplexed by as he seems to be everywhere and instrumental for the team. Gomez I can understand as a 2nd half sub after the Greeks are worn down and have the stack of yellow cards that they always earn. Podolski is what he is, but he runs his face off and creates space for others in attack.

Low is a great coach so you can't question him too much but still "if it ain't broke..."

Muller is the one that I'm perplexed by as he seems to be everywhere and instrumental for the team. Gomez I can understand as a 2nd half sub after the Greeks are worn down and have the stack of yellow cards that they always earn. Podolski is what he is, but he runs his face off and creates space for others in attack.

Low is a great coach so you can't question him too much but still "if it ain't broke..."
I'd honestly be shocked if Gomez doesn't score when he comes in. Should dominate in the air. Hell, we've already opened them up completely and we're 2 minutes in.

I'd honestly be shocked if Gomez doesn't score when he comes in. Should dominate in the air. Hell, we've already opened them up completely and we're 2 minutes in.

The one thing the Greeks have is size but once they are worn out Gomez should have a field day.

Greece backline a mess, Khedira shoots, Sifakis fumbles and Schurrle taps it in. Linesman flags for offside. Looked 50/50...

per soccernet
Khedira was off. Schurrle was on. Should be 1-0. Luckily this looks like a middle school team against a pro team when Greece tries to go forward.

Khedira was off. Schurrle was on. Should be 1-0. Luckily this looks like a middle school team against a pro team when Greece tries to go forward.

I'll watch it when I get home from work but I'll certainly take your word for it. Meanwhile, yellow card #1 for the Greeks.

This pitch is a mess. Players are slipping on every run and cut Germany tries to make.

Wonder if that had anything to do with the starting 11 selection. When do rosters have to be submitted by, an hour prior?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom