Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)...

His mug shot is brutal. he looks like he got dragged behind a car. The chick says he already had the claw marks on his throat - I can't wait until that person steps foward and tells us that story.

I'm sorry but if some bitch punches me in the face for no reason I'm going to smack the out of her. She is obviously a very classy woman.

Um...yeah. Wow.

Like I told my boys don't ever instigate an altercation but if someone hits you it then becomes self defense and you need to do what ever it takes to protect yourself. To answer your question if a girl came up and punched my son I would expect him to retaliate to free himself from the situation.

Like I told my boys don't ever instigate an altercation but if someone hits you it then becomes self defense and you need to do what ever it takes to protect yourself. To answer your question if a girl came up and punched my son I would expect him to retaliate to free himself from the situation.

I'd hope you would expect your son not to get drunk and try to break into someone else's car in the first place.

Sorry, but no chance on the latter.

I agree the odds are slim but there definitely is a chance. If Kevin Drew can get a DWI in Desko's car after an accident and remain on the team then theres a chance.

MadisonCuse said:
I'm sorry but if some bitch punches me in the face for no reason I'm going to smack the out of her. She is obviously a very classy woman.

No reason? He tried getting into her car and then also allegedly grabbed her chest.

I'd hope you would expect your son not to get drunk and try to break into someone else's car in the first place.

Well I would hope not, we always talk about good decisions but you never know. The oldest is going to the AF Academy to play lacrosse so hopefully the youngest follows in his footsteps.

No reason? He tried getting into her car and then also allegedly grabbed her chest.

She popped him in the face after coming out right away. He was not grabbing her chest probably pushing her away. The witness said it was not sexual.

The kid made a mistake I would have no problem taking him back on my team. Suspend him a game maybe two.

I agree the odds are slim but there definitely is a chance. If Kevin Drew can get a DWI in Desko's car after an accident and remain on the team then theres a chance.

Well we know DG didn't like athletes missing too much of their sport. Not sure this new leadership feels the same way. This is a chance for Syverud to send a message and I anticipate he'll do just that.

The kid made a mistake I would have no problem taking him back on my team. Suspend him a game maybe two.
Try thinking about that statement in conjunction with all the great press the University has been getting lately.

She popped him in the face after coming out right away. He was not grabbing her chest probably pushing her away. The witness said it was not s e xual.

"The guy is pulling on my car handle. I said, 'Don't touch my car. It's a brand new car.' I didn't want it scratched," Talbot said. "He kept saying, 'This is my ride home. My boys are in there,' and pulling on the handle.

"He was pretty persistent this vehicle was his or his buddies' who were going to drive him home," she said. "He was slurring his words, saying his buddies were waiting for him."

She showed him that no one was in the car. She told him that this was her delivery vehicle and that he needed to find other transportation. Talbot then stood between her car and McGinley.

"I turned into a mama bear over my car," Talbot said. "I might have been aggressive over my car, but he kept grabbing at my car."

Then he grabbed her chest so she said she punched him lightly in the face. A co-worker intervened. McGinley walked away and she started to light a cigarette, Talbot said.

"I looked down to spark the cigarette and boom, I'm punched in the face," Talbot said. "If you're going to sucker punch me after you've turned your back on the situation, that's just dirty. I was mad, shaking with anger. I didn't go after him. The cops were pulling down Marshall Street."

He made a real bad decision and should be punished. Miss the rest of this year and fall practice. Serve community service. He is probably a good kid and should get a second chance.

We are only hearing her side of the story. Where are the other witnesses? She seems to really enjoy seeing her name in the paper. Kind of weird being a victim of a crime.

Well we know DG didn't like athletes missing too much of their sport. Not sure this new leadership feels the same way. This is a chance for Syverud to send a message and I anticipate he'll do just that.

Yes, if there was ever a time for him to get the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe this is it.

Um...yeah. Wow.
I can't see myself hitting a woman but these types of reactions to what MadisonCuse said show me that you have no idea what women are like these days. I'd be curious how old you are. It's not so cut and dry these days. Again, I personally couldn't see myself punching a woman but I get that there's circumstances where I wouldn't get mad at another man for doing so. This isn't 1950.

I can't see myself hitting a woman but these types of reactions to what MadisonCuse said show me that you have no idea what women are like these days. I'd be curious how old you are. It's not so cut and dry these days. Again, I personally couldn't see myself punching a woman but I get that there's circumstances where I wouldn't get mad at another man for doing so. This isn't 1950.

Well, I'm not as young as I used to be, but I do spend a lot of time in bars in the biggest city in the world and surrounding areas. I know a lot of women, of all types and age ranges, who may or may not be sober from time to time and many of whom are real pieces of work. I can't claim to know how things were in 1950, but I can't imagine a scenario where hitting a women would even come up (or be necessary) frankly. I will say I don't frequent places that contain the "bro" element too much, so maybe that explains why I'm not running into women of "these days." I'm a little horrified by some of the sentiments expressed here, so I'm going to continue on down the road as I was. Lets hope Hayes can pick himself up off the map and this won't ruin his life. I'm a believer in second chances.

LGO! HHH!

He made a real bad decision and should be punished. Miss the rest of this year and fall practice. Serve community service. He is probably a good kid and should get a second chance.

We are only hearing her side of the story. Where are the other witnesses? She seems to really enjoy seeing her name in the paper. Kind of weird being a victim of a crime.
She also likes to punch and kick cops so her credibility isn't too great. Either way Mcginley kid is a total knucklehead

I'm not "liking" this for obvious reasons but you're right.

Since the Kevin Drew thing I've moved away from being a Syracuse lacrosse fan. The Duke game was the first time I've sat through a whole game since then (and it was fun). For all the crap basketball takes, damn, I can't express how disappointing it is that the lacrosse program keeps bringing in kids who do this kind of crap. There's a systemic problem here.

I'm not "liking" this for obvious reasons but you're right.

Since the Kevin Drew thing I've moved away from being a Syracuse lacrosse fan. The Duke game was the first time I've sat through a whole game since then (and it was fun). For all the crap basketball takes, damn, I can't express how disappointing it is that the lacrosse program keeps bringing in kids who do this kind of crap. There's a systemic problem here.

The lacrosse team has gotten better since the Powell era days when things were pretty out of control. With a team of nearly 60 teenage men between 18-22 (for the most part) its not if an incident will happen but when. Prior to the Drew incident and after things have been pretty quiet on the Lax front as far as incidents go so I gotta give Desko and staff some credit there. That said incidents or not I can't pull myself away from the on SU program that year in and year out is a Top 5 program, so much fun to watch and root for.

OttoMets said:
I'm not "liking" this for obvious reasons but you're right. Since the Kevin Drew thing I've moved away from being a Syracuse lacrosse fan. The Duke game was the first time I've sat through a whole game since then (and it was fun). For all the crap basketball takes, damn, I can't express how disappointing it is that the lacrosse program keeps bringing in kids who do this kind of crap. There's a systemic problem here.

Since the (fill in the blank) incident, I've pulled away from (fill in the sport) at both the collegiate and pro level.

Really?

She popped him in the face after coming out right away. He was not grabbing her chest probably pushing her away. The witness said it was not s e xual.

He was trying to steal her car while claiming it was his. Plus he waited a half hour of arguing after she punched him, started walking away then turned around and then sucker punched her. Sounds like he could have gotten away with the entire fiasco till he pulled that. Wonder how many guys would really want a guy who has to sucker punch a girl playing on their team? A bystander who saw it thought it was so bad he knocked the kid out. That young man has serious issues he needs to straighten out. She said he already looked beaten up with claw marks etc so this guy was out of control for quite a while.

He was trying to steal her car while claiming it was his. Plus he waited a half hour of arguing after she punched him, started walking away then turned around and then sucker punched her. Sounds like he could have gotten away with the entire fiasco till he pulled that. Wonder how many guys would really want a guy who has to sucker punch a girl playing on their team? A bystander who saw it thought it was so bad he knocked the kid out. That young man has serious issues he needs to straighten out. She said he already looked beaten up with claw marks etc so this guy was out of control for quite a while.

Bingo, if he had just walked away at that point he would have been in the clear. Idiotic decisions by him that night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom