Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)...

He's not going to have a his 'side of the story' because he was too drunk to remember anything. In light of the NCAA Syracuse is going to punt this kid back to Ohio.

She seems like a piece of work herself. he punched me in the face and broke my cigarette.

The lacrosse team has gotten better since the Powell era days when things were pretty out of control. With a team of nearly 60 teenage men between 18-22 (for the most part) its not if an incident will happen but when. Prior to the Drew incident and after things have been pretty quiet on the Lax front as far as incidents go so I gotta give Desko and staff some credit there. That said incidents or not I can't pull myself away from the on SU program that year in and year out is a Top 5 program, so much fun to watch and root for.

When I was 20 I was 6 Months into Vietnam,Desko is a Lacrosse Coach,Boeheim is a Basketball Coach these Guys are not 24/7 Babysitters, It's on the kid/man. Desko/BoeHeim have enough problems taking care of their own families much less their respective teams.
I don't know if he was trying to steal her car .Alcohol abundance causes strange happenings to different people,for all I know he might have seen his teamates in the car.. The Kid/man will pay in many ways now and down the road

I agree the odds are slim but there definitely is a chance. If Kevin Drew can get a DWI in Desko's car after an accident and remain on the team then theres a chance.

Didn't Kevin Drew also punch a cop? I seem to remember it even worse then that...

Didn't Kevin Drew also punch a cop? I seem to remember it even worse then that...

Um I think he tried to take off or something on foot, you could be right though.

He was trying to steal her car while claiming it was his. Plus he waited a half hour of arguing after she punched him, started walking away then turned around and then sucker punched her. Sounds like he could have gotten away with the entire fiasco till he pulled that. Wonder how many guys would really want a guy who has to sucker punch a girl playing on their team? A bystander who saw it thought it was so bad he knocked the kid out. That young man has serious issues he needs to straighten out. She said he already looked beaten up with claw marks etc so this guy was out of control for quite a while.

First let me say this kid did stupid things, first of which was getting slobber knockered. I think everything else followed from that, he did not try to steal a car, was confused thought by some drunken logic that it was his friends. He became aggressive due to inebriation. He will pay a significant price for his stupidity.

Legally, he was not charged with a felony or even a misdemeanor, unless other charges are added by the DA. Harassment charge is equivalent to a traffic violation charge with monetary penalties and no criminal record following him going forward.

Future with team is an open question in my opinion. How would any other student at Syracuse be treated in a similar situations? I know being on a team representing Syracuse is a horse of a different color. The kid screwed up bad, but I believe he had nothing prior so maybe he gets another shot after a significant suspension. I hope he does, because I believe in redemption after an appropriate punishment.

this kids uncle is on the left

the-bobs.jpg

just another trust fund brat IMO. Kick this punk's ass to the curb.

this kids uncle is on the left

the-bobs.jpg

just another trust fund brat IMO. Kick this punk's ass to the curb.

Is that true?? Hopefully this doesn't cost us his fandom!

She seems like a piece of work herself. he punched me in the face and broke my cigarette.
BTW she is working 4 jobs and bought a brand new Chevy Cruze and delivers food in it? This girl has no common sense. Still she shouldn't have been punched.

I want to weigh in a little here, you know as one who had his ear separated from his head by a Syracuse Football player in 1993 by a 2x3 piece of wood (the ones used to lock the sliding glass doors on So. Campus)

Drunk kids do really stupid things.

I tried to "break into" another persons house. I thought it was mine.

Mistakes were made, I moved forward, no one was kicked off a team or anything.

I want to weigh in a little here, you know as one who had his ear separated from his head by a Syracuse Football player in 1993 by a 2x3 piece of wood (the ones used to lock the sliding glass doors on So. Campus)

Drunk kids do really stupid things.

I tried to "break into" another persons house. I thought it was mine.

Mistakes were made, I moved forward, no one was kicked off a team or anything.

Every time I read that first paragraph, and it must have been a dozen times now as I try to visualize that scenario, it hurts more and more. Ouch, man.

But it is your last paragraph that is key. Owning up to the mistakes and moving forward as a man.

I cannot believe anyone is defending this guy on this. I'm 36 years old, and did some stupid things in college when I was drunk. I mean, really, really drunk. I never once thought about hitting a woman. She hit him, and then for a half hour there was an arguement, then the piece of sh#t sucker punched her. Drunk or not, that shows an incredible lack of morals. To say she had it coming -- welp, I know which one of you guys (and your sons) I'd never want my daughter to date.

His reactions wasn't an "in the moment" I just got hit, I need to strike back moment. That I might be able to understand, I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand it. It was determined after the whole thing was essentially over.

Yes, I have had women get in my face in bars in drunken situations. Would it have felt good to hit them? Maybe, but I wasn't raised that way. As a man, outweighing a woman by 60, maybe 70 pounds, it's a weak, disgusting thing to do. Be a man, walk away. That's a bigger man, than cracking someone across the face.

If someone was trying to break into my house, or my car, pushed me away when I tried to tell them they were in the wrong, drunk or not my reaction would probably be violent. They are trying to destroy my property or steal it, I'm not going to sit there and try and argue with them, I'm going to try and stop them. To say her reaction is what led to it is the most asinine sounding thing I have ever heard from anyone on this board.

Now, were all of her decisions sound? I probably would have called the cops first if I were her, and that's where she went wrong. But I still would have confronted the dude, any of you would have. He was in the wrong in every category I can think of, yet she had it coming. :crazy:

One game suspension? He needs to take the whole season off, and if he conducts himself as a human being and not a disgusting POS, maybe he gets back on the team. Maybe.

He's not a kid, he's a young adult. He needs to be held responsible for his actions, and "being drunk" isn't an excuse, it's a crutch for poor behavior.

I cannot believe anyone is defending this guy on this. I'm 36 years old, and did some stupid things in college when I was drunk. I mean, really, really drunk. I never once thought about hitting a woman. She hit him, and then for a half hour there was an arguement, then the piece of sh#t sucker punched her. Drunk or not, that shows an incredible lack of morals. To say she had it coming -- welp, I know which one of you guys (and your sons) I'd never want my daughter to date.

His reactions wasn't an "in the moment" I just got hit, I need to strike back moment. That I might be able to understand, I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand it. It was determined after the whole thing was essentially over.

Yes, I have had women get in my face in bars in drunken situations. Would it have felt good to hit them? Maybe, but I wasn't raised that way. As a man, outweighing a woman by 60, maybe 70 pounds, it's a weak, disgusting thing to do. Be a man, walk away. That's a bigger man, than cracking someone across the face.

If someone was trying to break into my house, or my car, pushed me away when I tried to tell them they were in the wrong, drunk or not my reaction would probably be violent. They are trying to destroy my property or steal it, I'm not going to sit there and try and argue with them, I'm going to try and stop them. To say her reaction is what led to it is the most asinine sounding thing I have ever heard from anyone on this board.

Now, were all of her decisions sound? I probably would have called the cops first if I were her, and that's where she went wrong. But I still would have confronted the dude, any of you would have. He was in the wrong in every category I can think of, yet she had it coming. :crazy:

One game suspension? He needs to take the whole season off, and if he conducts himself as a human being and not a disgusting POS, maybe he gets back on the team. Maybe.

He's not a kid, he's a young adult. He needs to be held responsible for his actions, and "being drunk" isn't an excuse, it's a crutch for poor behavior.

This. Absolutely 100% agree. I have been drunk many times (probably more than I'd like to admit), and have never even thought about hitting a female.

Nobody knows all the facts but this guy is an idiot.

So much more
Like I told my boys don't ever instigate an altercation but if someone hits you it then becomes self defense and you need to do what ever it takes to protect yourself. To answer your question if a girl came up and punched my son I would expect him to retaliate to free himself from the situation.

So your son walks to his car after work, some drunk guy tries to get into his car, puts his hand on your son, your son punches him and the drunk guy punches him back.

Your trying to tell me you would blame your son for this and would be okay with the drunk guy punching your son. Please. Ridiculous.

There is a difference between being drunk and blacking out. Neither is an excuse, but even being really drunk I've always been able to maintain my most basic morals. Not hitting women would be one of them.

Blacking out sucks. I know I've done a few things that I wouldn't even think of doing while sober or even really drunk. One of them I certainly could have been arrested for. The worst part is not remembering because you say to yourself that's not me.

That said I'm surprised there's no video of this incident. Either from security cameras or from phones. It seems like the first thing these idiot kids do these days is pull their phone out and start recording whenever there is a confrontation. And it seems odd that this could have gone on for over a half hour on Marshall Street without the cops being there sooner. I haven't drank there on a Friday or Saturday night in a long time but it seemed like police were always around. Or was it not a half hour as Talbot suggested, and only 5 minutes as Weaver says in the latest article that OX posted?

I wonder what the reason was that they only charged him with harassment. I think they need to explain why it wasn't assault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom