Everett Golson transferring to FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everett Golson transferring to FSU

ND can't block him if he wanted to go BC. Since he is a graduate he just needs to find a grad major that isn't at ND to go anywhere.

I don't think he will go to BC but ND can't stop him like a normal transfer.
Even if they can't block him, they can give BC a negative report when the Eagles are checking on his academic problems. Not to mention his sulking when he lost his job for their bowl game.

Even if they can't block him, they can give BC a negative report when the Eagles are checking on his academic problems. Not to mention his sulking when he lost his job for their bowl game.

He's graduating from ND. Whatever academic problem he had, wouldn't stop Addazio from taking him.

sign him up!

I think Golson would be crazy to come here.

Unproven OC and a less-than-dynamic offense. And not a QB away from big things.

Love my Cuse, but being realistic, I can't imagine why he'd come to the Dome.

I think Golson would be crazy to come here.

Unproven OC and a less-than-dynamic offense. And not a QB away from big things.

Love my Cuse, but being realistic, I can't imagine why he'd come to the Dome.
We need to send you on on he recruiting trail with the coaches!

I'm sure there are 50 other teams' fans wondering/hoping if golson will transfer to their school.

bothsocksup said:
You have to think we've been in contact

No inside info - but I doubt it. I don't think they'll want to do that to Hunt. He's a senior, leader, respect of his peers, etc. It took a toll on the team when Allen was brought in and Hunt wasn't coming off of injury for his last season.

What system was that? He never played at oklahoma.

He sure did. He just didn't have 9 interceptions there.

He also played in high school a bit and was ranked the 15th best pro-style QB in the country. Were the rankings wrong? Was Oklahoma's talent evaluation wrong? Was Cuse wrong to bring him in? No to all the above. Every single player interviewed about McF-it's system said no one knew where to be or what to do because it was too complicated. So you end up with WR not where the QB thinks they'll be and that results in tons of interceptions. All of which is to say that with McF-it gone and a different offense in place, I think the chances of a QB being much more successful this year are good.

He sure did. He just didn't have 9 interceptions there.

He also played in high school a bit and was ranked the 15th best pro-style QB in the country. Were the rankings wrong? Was Oklahoma's talent evaluation wrong? Was Cuse wrong to bring him in? No to all the above. Every single player interviewed about McF-it's system said no one knew where to be or what to do because it was too complicated. So you end up with WR not where the QB thinks they'll be and that results in tons of interceptions. All of which is to say that with McF-it gone and a different offense in place, I think the chances of a QB being much more successful this year are good.
He was a 3 star recruit at oklahoma. And he wasn't very good.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Golson is all that good? Maybe it's just me but he seems very turnover prone. He is better than what we have, but I don't really see a huge upside to taking him for 1 year

Am I the only one that doesn't think Golson is all that good? Maybe it's just me but he seems very turnover prone. He is better than what we have, but I don't really see a huge upside to taking him for 1 year
Doesn't getting better then what we have help the team improve? Don't understand the logic.

Whitey23 said:
Doesn't getting better then what we have help the team improve? Don't understand the logic.

At what cost? If he comes here it will be a giant issue internally for Hunt supporters (most likely - everyone). If he isn't that good - he is turnover prone - then it's not worth it.

At what cost? If he comes here it will be a giant issue internally for Hunt supporters (most likely - everyone). If he isn't that good - he is turnover prone - then it's not worth it.
The coaches need wins. Golson (who i dont think is coming i might add) would give them a better chance at winning.

It was reported yesterday that he would need the SEC Commish to approve his waiver because of the academic suspension. Is he willing to take a chance it gets denied, or just sign elsewhere?

If Golson's waiver is denied by the SEC, he'd still be able to play in the other four P5 conferences, so what is there to lose?

It was reported yesterday that he would need the SEC Commish to approve his waiver because of the academic suspension. Is he willing to take a chance it gets denied, or just sign elsewhere?
He has time to wait it out. Any teams with openings for him will still have them come July/August. I would expect the commish to move quickly if need be, if he thinks it benefits his league to get Golson on board.

Whitey23 said:
The coaches need wins. Golson (who i dont think is coming i might add) would give them a better chance at winning.

It's a question of just how much a greater chance of winning he delivers - and if the risk is greater than the reward.

I don't think he's coming here either...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom