Exhale!!! | Syracusefan.com

Exhale!!!

Flacusian

All Conference
Watching the Iowa game was like a proverbial emotional yo-yo. When they had built the 15 point lead and had shut Iowa down offensively it looked like they might actually be putting some of the pieces of the puzzle together. Then Rak inexplicably got his 4th foul and we proceeded to play like 5 guys hanging out at the Y. I think everyone can relate to the things that were going through your mind when that was transpiring.

OMG... just like the end of last year...
OMG...another turnover!
OMG... why do they just jack it up without trying to get a better shot
OMG...are we really going to blow this 15 point lead and lose this game?
OMFG... is it at all possible for us to get an offensive rebound?

Thankfully, we prevailed and there was a collective exhale here in my house. We fogged up the 60" LG flat screen when we did.

I'm really happy we won and this season will not be one for the faint of heart. Lots of patience, tolerance and love of the Orange will be required to make it to March. Jimmy B really has his work cut out for him this year. It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the end. If JB really does have a propensity for doing more with less... this is the perfect season to put that into action.

I'll just continue to support the team no matter what. That's what Orange Fans Do.

I especially liked your OMFG. I just got back from an interesting program about near death experiences and I am so happy that I don't have to have one of my own watching this game! Now that I know the ending, it's a little like cheating death, isn't it, when we already know the outcome (which is that everything is amazing!).

I am now going to read a few more posts, then put on my evening relaxation attire, and watch the game in complete and total comfort. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I have to say that was worst I have seen a set of guards pass the ball in a very, very long time. That includes basketball at all levels - 7th, or 8th graders are typically slightly better. :)

If we would have lost I would have been a one-man board meltdown!! :)

I especially liked your OMFG. I just got back from an interesting program about near death experiences and I am so happy that I don't have to have one of my own watching this game! Now that I know the ending, it's a little like cheating death, isn't it, when we already know the outcome (which is that everything is amazing!).

I am now going to read a few more posts, then put on my evening relaxation attire, and watch the game in complete and total comfort. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

No. It is not that clear cut. Let's just say at the end that I have a reason to wear my "Cardiac Cuse" shirt this year. Hope you enjoyed that "relaxing" ending!!!

No. It is not that clear cut. Let's just say at the end that I have a reason to wear my "Cardiac Cuse" shirt this year. Hope you enjoyed that "relaxing" ending!!!
I did! Holy tamoly, that game was ridiculously exciting at the end, and by "exciting" I mean "agonizing." So happy I could watch it in a peaceful state. Ommmmmmmmm.

In the words of Bette Davis: "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

This is par for the course with a young, but talented squad.

We should all be excited about this right now, they beat a good major conference opponent, & at some points during the game, they looked like a top 10 team doing it.

Again, the youthful exuberance is great to see, & it will only get better with time.

Last edited:
When I got home, I got un-mojo'd by an emergency iPhone fix for my wife. It was stuck in headphone mode (whatever that is) and Apple support spent an hour to get nowhere when I fixed the problem with a flick of the vibrate button. Don't quit your day job! Anyway, that was when Iowa went on a run. Just after we finally looked good on all cylinders. Re-mojo-d by cowering in another room with a new vibe. :)
And we held on. About the bolded above, it seems as if we have the capability (only small stretches at this point) where the forwards actually close out on those assignments and help out the guards on the wing. We're close. We're going to get a lot better than even the Iowa game. Lots of kinks to work out and we still need something out of Chino. Chris is too valuable at this point to drain away at the 5 when Roc is in foul trouble, which is nearly every game.

I still believe we can make a tourney run.

This is par for the course with a young, but talented squad.

We should all be excited about this right now, they beat a good major conference opponent, & at some points during the game, they looked like a top 10 team doing it.

Again, the youthful exuberance is great to see, & it ill only get better with time.
Mantonio, your return to the board couldn't come at a better time. It's great to have the Grand Poobah of Positivity on hand to help offset the plethora of pessimistic people. The season could be highly rewarding as this group of raw newbies gets crafted into a better team. The inexperience is more than offset by the potential talent but it will take time before we see dividends.

I'm simply allowing the team to not be that good right now in my eyes but I will defer final judgement until the end of the season rather than the start of it.

Right now, I see a team without firmly established roles -- that takes time. Most importantly, the talent's there. I'm looking forward to watching this team improve as the season progressed --- and who knows, maybe they'll surprise us all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom