Extreme frustration buying a youth ticket | Syracusefan.com

Extreme frustration buying a youth ticket

Pyle

All Conference
So I've decide to take my nephew to the game on Sat, maybe. Maybe as in I can't buy him a ticket!!! I have 4 adult season tickets, a MyCuse account, etc. I log in and try to buy a single youth ticket and it won't let me. I call ticketmaster(wait on hold for over 10 min) only to be told sorry you can't buy a single youth ticket because they want to make sure you're not sending a 12 year old to the game by himself, he says I understand that you already have 4 adult tickets but the system won't allow it. If I want to buy a single ticket it has to be a full priced reg seat. Are you kidding me? C'mon SU, do you want more people at the games or not? This is friggin ridiculous.

So I've decide to take my nephew to the game on Sat, maybe. Maybe as in I can't buy him a ticket!!! I have 4 adult season tickets, a MyCuse account, etc. I log in and try to buy a single youth ticket and it won't let me. I call ticketmaster(wait on hold for over 10 min) only to be told sorry you can't buy a single youth ticket because they want to make sure you're not sending a 12 year old to the game by himself, he says I understand that you already have 4 adult tickets but the system won't allow it. If I want to buy a single ticket it has to be a full priced reg seat. Are you kidding me? C'mon SU, do you want more people at the games or not? This is friggin ridiculous.

Your best bet is just to scalp a ticket at the Dome, place is going to be half empty you will have zero trouble getting a ticket for cheap. Never count on Syracuse and the ticket office to make life easy.

They are not making it easy for fans that are trying to bring more kids to games. I have had this same problem myself.

PM, email, or call Dan Bartlett at the Dome:

(315) 314-6756

drbartle

Will be surprised if he can't help you.

Last edited:
why do they have some code that stops kids going to a game by themselves? So if a kid walks up to the ticket office Sat are they going to not let him buy a kids ticket without an adult?

why is the Dome so different than going to a movie?

You can go to the Box Office and buy a children's ticket. You may need to turn in one adult season ticket, so the Box Office can give you two seats together. The dome is trying to make sure adults don't buy kid tickets or leave kids unsupervised. Your other option is to buy from StubHub/scalper as JeremyCuse mentioned.

I used to go to Pats games as a teenager without adults. If I could survive the hellhole that was Schaefer Stadium in the 1980s a kid would be just fine at the Dome

hey pyle ive got 1 you can have for free...send me an email at thecuse44@live.com or try pm'ing me here...i tried sending you mag but got an error,mike

You can go to the Box Office and buy a children's ticket. You may need to turn in one adult season ticket, so the Box Office can give you two seats together. The dome is trying to make sure adults don't buy kid tickets or leave kids unsupervised. Your other option is to buy from StubHub/scalper as JeremyCuse mentioned.

That's insane. I get the whole not wanting to have adults buy kids tix, and for some joe blow off the street, fine. As a multi-year season ticket holder whom the Dome has every conceivable piece of information about me, you'd think they would make the process easier. I have a degree in computer science, writing code to do the following would not be uber difficult.

A. Should be eligible to buy X number of extra child seats per game based on number of Adult seats tied to the account.

B. Limit the location where those seats are purchased based on my section.

I sit in 119 Row C, seats 1-4. I was attempting to buy 119 Row B OR Row D seat #8.

Much ado about nothing

i had the same problem but when i called the dome box office they were very helpful and I was able to buy 3 youth tickets no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom