Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

Glad to see the floodgates opening, especially for a "local". As has been posted, Cuse should have a lot of schollies available. Not bad for a team on probation if the coaches get some yes's.
Hey Clifton, I know you mentioned Platek on another thread. That guy is going to get some high majors added to his offer list soon I bet. He can really stroke it and he's developing better as a passer. If we had the full 13 ships, I wouldn't mind taking him in a big class and hoping that he could become another Andy Rautins.

Hey Clifton, I know you mentioned Platek on another thread. That guy is going to get some high majors added to his offer list soon I bet. He can really stroke it and he's developing better as a passer. If we had the full 13 ships, I wouldn't mind taking him in a big class and hoping that he could become another Andy Rautins.
Just like with Kevin Huerter. I know Scout had an article this week that UNC was checking Platek out. I'm not a member so I couldn't read the entire article but I guess Platek is playing real well.

Just like with Kevin Huerter. I know Scout had an article this week that UNC was checking Platek out. I'm not a member so I couldn't read the entire article but I guess Platek is playing real well.
Yes he has. He still needs to work on creating his own shot in space but hopefully that's something he'll continue to work on.

Pretty sure Platek has already taken a visit to Miami as well. He'll end up at a major school.

Yes he has. He still needs to work on creating his own shot in space but hopefully that's something he'll continue to work on.

We have enough ships available to offer a kid that can shoot the ball as well as he can. If he's a legit 6'4" (and maybe growing), he'd be a good fit for the zone, too. He went 20-37 from 3 at EYBL, so he can obviously bring it.

Let's say we add Quade, Diallo/Randolph/Walker, Tucker/Wright, and a big man, Richards?, there will still be open scholarships, especially since we'll need some shooting help.

We have enough ships available to offer a kid that can shoot the ball as well as he can. If he's a legit 6'4" (and maybe growing), he'd be a good fit for the zone, too. He went 20-37 from 3 at EYBL, so he can obviously bring it.

Let's say we add Quade, Diallo/Randolph/Walker, Tucker/Wright, and a big man, Richards?, there will still be open scholarships, especially since we'll need some shooting help.
It depends which guards we get. If we get Randolph, then it wouldn't make sense adding Platek because he presents a similar skill set. If we get Quade and Hami, then playing around with the last ship to fill out it probably would be worth taking a shot at him.

Was young for his class at only 16. So like my guy Sid Wilson, not a bad move here for him to spend another year to get stronger and develop. Plus with Nova as the current favorites, maybe it gives us more time to build a relationship and swing things in our favor.

Wish BJ would've done this same thing or would've taken a redshirt. Just such a physical disadvantage to be a 17/18 year old freshman when some of these kids are coming in at 20.

Cuse could correct the mistake that they made with BJ Johnson when it comes to Wright here. No reason not to still recruit this cat hard and either redshirt him next year or place him in a good prep school.
It's always nice to have tall shooters.

Cuse could correct the mistake that they made with BJ Johnson when it comes to Wright here. No reason not to still recruit this cat hard and either redshirt him next year or place him in a good prep school.

This should actually have SU more interested correct?