Class of 2018 - Jalen Smith (MD) to Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Jalen Smith (MD) to Maryland

He said in one of the articles that I had linked over the weekend that SU is one of the schools recruiting him the hardest at this point. An overall 5 star in the composite rankings. From the DMV and plays for Red's Team Takeover. So we got the "connections" here.

Think he was wearing these in yellow

spring_shoes.jpg

If his school ever plays closer to DC, I'll try to go check him out if we think we really have a shot at him.

Francis03 do we have a better shot here or with Nate Roberts? Interesting that these two PF recruits are both from MD. Seems like Smith is more highly regarded.

Jalen Smith has strong showing at the Metro Challenge - Breaks down the latest with his recruitment

Syracuse is another school that is deeply in the mix for Smith.

“I like the way Coach Boeheim plays, their two-three zone is deadly,” he said. “They are known for it and I like that they can get shots out of any play.”

Jim Boeheim recently made the decision to stay at Syracuse longer then he originally intended to. This decision factored into how Smith viewed the Orange as a possible landing spot for himself.

“At first I thought he was going to leave so it was kind of up in the air if I should go there or not,” Smith said. “Now that he is there for the long term they are in it for me.”

Jalen Smith has strong showing at the Metro Challenge - Breaks down the latest with his recruitment

Syracuse is another school that is deeply in the mix for Smith.

“I like the way Coach Boeheim plays, their two-three zone is deadly,” he said. “They are known for it and I like that they can get shots out of any play.”

Jim Boeheim recently made the decision to stay at Syracuse longer then he originally intended to. This decision factored into how Smith viewed the Orange as a possible landing spot for himself.

“At first I thought he was going to leave so it was kind of up in the air if I should go there or not,” Smith said. “Now that he is there for the long term they are in it for me.”
This sounds REALLY good. The kid sounds REALLY REALLY interested in us and Jimmy staying seems HUGE to him. This would be a huge get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom