Face Facts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Face Facts

Huh?

Hermans first year was $1.5m. And we just offered Frost $1.8-2.0m

Houston is in discussion with Herman on an extension at $3 mil per year.

One other aspect on salaries that people should consider is that when a coach takes a job in Florida or Texas then the same financial package at SU needs to be 8-10% higher given the differential in state tax rates.

bpo57 said:
Then that would mean that both took less money to go elsewhere- Edsall as a former alum going to MD and Holtz going to USF.

Incorrect. Both stayed where they were. Then when they left Edsall got a little more than our offer and Holtz a little less.

bpo57 said:
Houston is in discussion with Herman on an extension at $3 mil per year.

Not his initial contract as a first time HC. Apples to apples our offer to first time HC frost was more than Hermans offer as a first time HC.

Like I said that would be a departure. Since SU hired Frank Maloney in 1973 they have ALWAYS looked to hire assistants. Every single time. Obviously they've had some hits and misses with that approach. But they've never hired a proven HC. I believe the biggest reason for that is the unwillingness to pay big $$$.[/QUOTE

What does 1973 or 1980 or other hires have to do with today? Absolutely nothing.

"What does 1973 or 1980 or other hires have to do with today? Absolutely nothing."

40+ years might possibly indicate a pattern.

Incorrect. Both stayed where they were. Then when they left Edsall got a little more than our offer and Holtz a little less.

Edsall got $1.66 mil per year not $1.8 mil to $2 mil at MD.

Not his initial contract as a first time HC. Apples to apples our offer to first time HC frost was more than Hermans offer as a first time HC.

Not sure that an ACC team that hauls in $17 mil per year in TV contract money for football should brag about being able to offer the same kind of money that an AAC team can offer.

Sorry bro, but what your saying makes it even worse. We pull down tens of millions of dollars more per year than Houston, and we are in a P5 conference. Two hundred grand more is not exactly being competitive in the market.

I'm with Crusty, Cuse needs to be spending 5-6 million on the staff just to somewhat keep up with what other P5 teams are doing these days. How we let a guy like Campbell end up at Iowa State of all places is beyond me. Cuse has shown time and again, they just don't care about the football program as much as we do. It's literally making me want to not spend anymore money on the program and just watch the games on TV until they show they care about winning at all.

I'm crossing my fingers for Babers at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom