Familiar Face/Different Place | Syracusefan.com

Familiar Face/Different Place

OGBJ20

Starter
image.jpg
BJ #10 LaSalle. BJ is doing well and continues to improve skill level and physical appearance. 6'8"-193... Hope all is well!

Good luck to BJ, hope the year off does him well physically. Things would have been drastically different for him if he had redshirted as a freshman.

Can't wait to see BJ destroy some team in the NCAAs, hopefully it isn't us.

Wing 2/3 they like to use 4 perimeter players and a big.

Yep which is the direction the game is headed now that the NBA has started the trend of enforcing the actual rules. I still see NBA in BJ's future especially with the direction of today's game. I will always be a BJ fan. Good luck to him and you.

jordoo said:
Yep which is the direction the game is headed now that the NBA has started the trend of enforcing the actual rules. I still see NBA in BJ's future especially with the direction of today's game. I will always be a BJ fan. Good luck to him and you.

I'm with you. I will root for and follow BJ as if he were still Orange.

Good luck to BJ, hope the year off does him well physically. Things would have been drastically different for him if he had redshirted as a freshman.

Can't wait to see BJ destroy some team in the NCAAs, hopefully it isn't us.
Funny. When I made that argument when it mattered, dad and others disagreed with me. Now, everyone is on board.

Funny. When I made that argument when it mattered, dad and others disagreed with me. Now, everyone is on board.
I'm pretty sure this is a case of hindsight being 20-20 or dad just agreeing with people to be nice.

It was only because that was not the decision of the coaches. They believed that he would play as a freshmen or at least more during the oc games but it didn't work that way for reasons that we saw that year. There were not a lot of meaningful opportunities for the freshmen that year.

It was only because that was not the decision of the coaches. They believed that he would play as a freshmen or at least more during the oc games but it didn't work that way for reasons that we saw that year. There were not a lot of meaningful opportunities for the freshmen that year.

I think that's what Dasher is trying to say. You could see coming in that it would be difficult for any of the freshman outside of Ennis to get minutes. Jb will very very rarely play a freshman over guys that have been in the program already.

Even with Cooney finishing off the season at awful awful clip from three and G not doing much BJ and Buss still didn't get a chance. It's not because they're bad players, it's just how it works in Syracuse and it's been that way for a long long time.

I think that's what Dasher is trying to say. You could see coming in that it would be difficult for any of the freshman outside of Ennis to get minutes. Jb will very very rarely play a freshman over guys that have been in the program already.

Even with Cooney finishing off the season at awful awful clip from three and G not doing much BJ and Buss still didn't get a chance. It's not because they're bad players, it's just how it works in Syracuse and it's been that way for a long long time.
I get that point but whose decision was it to redshirt or not redshirt BJ? It was a decision made to play him upon coming from Canada at the 2. For some reason, people seemed to think that it was my decision to have BJ not reshirt or else. We're competitors and would except the challenge for playing time on the floor. It didn't work out and as pissed as I am about it not working out, we were in a position that if there were any bumps in the road that we would still be in a good or better position.

I get that point but whose decision was it to redshirt or not redshirt BJ? It was a decision made to play him upon coming from Canada at the 2. For some reason, people seemed to think that it was my decision to have BJ not reshirt or else. We're competitors and would except the challenge for playing time on the floor. It didn't work out and as pissed as I am about it not working out, we were in a position that if there were any bumps in the road that we would still be in a good or better position.
I'm not going to argue. But my posts about red shirting were treated like I was suggesting that the kid couldn't play. And that includes you dad. When in fact, I thought the kid was a good player that would benefit from sitting out the year and he wasn't going to play much as a frosh. I have been around for close to 50 years with this program.

I'm not going to argue. But my posts about red shirting were treated like I was suggesting that the kid couldn't play. And that includes you dad. When in fact, I thought the kid was a good player that would benefit from sitting out the year and he wasn't going to play much as a frosh. I have been around for close to 50 years with this program.
No argument but you seemed to forget that I talked to the head coach when I stated that he was not redshirting because he did not want it and that is what went with until it didn't go the way we all hoped coaching staff included. It's all good, the plan and goal is still attainable for BJ. A learning curve for us in this process. It happens in this business all the time and when your the subject you better have plan B, etc

How's he liking it at LaSalle? Settling in and getting comfortable I hope.
He likes it. Although he would rather be playing this year and for his dream school. But he has made the adjustment just fine. He started summer school about ten days after leaving SU. BJ has learned from this experience and will be better for it moving forward. He finished with a 3.3 after taking 3 business courses. He knows a lot of the guys on he team pretty well and they spent a lot of time together this summer. He also has two male cousins that attend LaSalle who are juniors as well. He continue to workout individually and with the team on skills and s/c. He stated that the weightlifting is allowing him to add more bulk as well as strength as they continue with this process. He along with two other transfers from SC a 6'9" pf & a Memphis kid 6'1" pg along with BJ at currently 6'8" should make them very good next year. They have some size already up front with 2 6'10 centers and wing guys with length. With improvement this year they have a chance at the tournament and conference this year. But everyone in the city is waiting for the 2016-17 season when they get to see BJ on the court in his hometown. So the anticipation and excitement is mounting. The last time his peeps saw him was when they knocked off Chester (Rondae Jefferson) in the state chip! He recently hung out Rak, Chris, Ron and the rest of his former teammates at SU for couple of days before heading back to philly.

He likes it. Although he would rather be playing this year and for his dream school. But he has made the adjustment just fine. He started summer school about ten days after leaving SU. BJ has learned from this experience and will be better for it moving forward. He finished with a 3.3 after taking 3 business courses. He knows a lot of the guys on he team pretty well and they spent a lot of time together this summer. He also has two male cousins that attend LaSalle who are juniors as well. He continue to workout individually and with the team on skills and s/c. He stated that the weightlifting is allowing him to add more bulk as well as strength as they continue with this process. He along with two other transfers from SC a 6'9" pf & a Memphis kid 6'1" pg along with BJ at currently 6'8" should make them very good next year. They have some size already up front with 2 6'10 centers and wing guys with length. With improvement this year they have a chance at the tournament and conference this year. But everyone in the city is waiting for the 2016-17 season when they get to see BJ on the court in his hometown. So the anticipation and excitement is mounting. The last time his peeps saw him was when they knocked off Chester (Rondae Jefferson) in the state chip! He recently hung out Rak, Chris, Ron and the rest of his former teammates at SU for couple of days before heading back to philly.
Does he know if he is going to be a SG or a SF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom