Fans | Syracusefan.com

Fans

Rocco

Watching you.
Babers has a huge opportunity to win back many fans that have thrown in the towel over the last several years.

Regardless of W/L this year, this will be a completely different product that is EXCITING as hell to watch. That alone will begin to draw fans back, especially the younger kids who only care about flashy scores and shootouts. Hell, that's a lot of the fan base, not just the younger ones.

At any given point, this offense will be capable of big plays and putting up points. The lousy offensive products we've put out on the field in the recent past generated claps with 1st downs. It was brutal.

I remain convinced that the fans will slowly start to trickle back into the Dome because of this. Book it.

Babers has a huge opportunity to win back many fans that have thrown in the towel over the last several years.

Regardless of W/L this year, this will be a completely different product that is EXCITING as hell to watch. That alone will begin to draw fans back, especially the younger kids who only care about flashy scores and shootouts. Hell, that's a lot of the fan base, not just the younger ones.

At any given point, this offense will be capable of big plays and putting up points. The lousy offensive products we've put out on the field in the recent past generated claps with 1st downs. It was brutal.

I remain convinced that the fans will slowly start to trickle back into the Dome because of this. Book it.

I sure hope so.. so sick of basketball only fans

It's not all that difficult, fans show up when they have hope. We had very respectable attendance in the 90s, not because we were winning 10+ games every year or constantly finishing in the top 10, but because people knew that SU had a chance to beat just about anyone in the country week to week.

I haven't felt that way in ages, and it sucks.

All Babers has to do is show the community that things are on the upswing, and that SU football is regaining the ability to beat anyone. Not everyone, everytime. But anyone in any given week.

Hope.

I sure hope so.. so sick of basketball only fans

Couldn't agree more. If DB can string together a few successful seasons and upset some goliaths on the schedule, I think the "basketball-onlies" will quickly be on the football bandwagon again.

To get that Dome rocking again will be frigging awesome.

Couldn't agree more. If DB can string together a few successful seasons and upset some goliaths on the schedule, I think the "basketball-onlies" will quickly be on the football bandwagon again.

To get that Dome rocking again will be frigging awesome.
don't want em.

except as targets during 'Rock Throwing Practice'.

Bandwagoners are a fact of life... As much disdain as I have for quitters who wanna be there for the good times, I'll gladly laugh at them during victory parties.

Yaowzers.jpg

Much like this when they describe how much they love SU Football

I watched ESPN's ACC preview show yesterday - I think exactly 15 seconds was spent on Syracuse (all about Babers). Wonder how much time SU hoops will get when the ACC basketball show comes on? Din0's got a long way to go in repairing things - but he'll get there (I hope).

And when he does - watch out. The Dome is MUCH more electric for football when it's filled. Can't wait to experience that again. Here's my crazy prediction - we get Gameday in 2018. Syracuse v. Fla State in the Dome. We will be #10 and rising. Fla St will be #1....

the ACC show was a joke. they didnt even mention most of the teams or pick records. the other shows at least mentioned most of the teams in the league.. this was a clemson/FSU love fest with a bit of Pitt/UNC/UL thrown in.

Here's my crazy prediction - we get Gameday in 2018. Syracuse v. Fla State in the Dome. We will be #10 and rising. Fla St will be #1...

Now we're talking... I'll take an order of that. ;)

Here's my crazy prediction - we get Gameday in 2018. Syracuse v. Fla State in the Dome. We will be #10 and rising. Fla St will be #1...

Let's just do this in 2016 instead. It will be so much more fun that way.

It can still happen in 2018 too, if it makes you feel better.

As much as I despise the bandwagon fans, we need them right now. There haven't been any the last decade as evidenced by the Dome being less than full unless the opponent brings a solid following. Right now, I welcome them with open arms... Fill that Dome!

I don't really care who fills the Dome. My only prerequisites are that you wear Orange and you stay engaged. You know, lose your voice, spill a beer or a plate of nachos during an aggressive celebration.

I would be curious to meet the fans who were riveted by the "SU struggles to score 17" Noon Big East game of the week called by a suicidal Dave Sims.

It's not all that difficult, fans show up when they have hope. We had very respectable attendance in the 90s, not because we were winning 10+ games every year or constantly finishing in the top 10, but because people knew that SU had a chance to beat just about anyone in the country week to week.

All Babers has to do is show the community that things are on the upswing, and that SU football is regaining the ability to beat anyone. Not everyone, everytime. But anyone in any given week.

Hope.

Hope.
i agree totally with you on this. for me it is seeing the university actually finally commit to the football program. i like the new chancellor, and his vision for the university as a whole.

Let's just do this in 2016 instead. It will be so much more fun that way.

It can still happen in 2018 too, if it makes you feel better.

Agreed, it's always 2 years from now, how about 2016.. Tired of waiting for 2 years from now for past 15 years other than a couple blips on the radar

I watched ESPN's ACC preview show yesterday - I think exactly 15 seconds was spent on Syracuse (all about Babers). Wonder how much time SU hoops will get when the ACC basketball show comes on? Din0's got a long way to go in repairing things - but he'll get there (I hope).

And when he does - watch out. The Dome is MUCH more electric for football when it's filled. Can't wait to experience that again. Here's my crazy prediction - we get Gameday in 2018. Syracuse v. Fla State in the Dome. We will be #10 and rising. Fla St will be #1...
i did think that pitt was an accurate assessment as a surprise team

You know how Babers keeps saying it takes a season and a half for the offense to really click? That's how I think it'll work with the fan base. They've been conditioned to such crappy offense for so long that I believe they'll be suspicious that what Babers is doing is real until it really becomes undeniable.

Once that happens though, people are going to get it and buy in 'uge. It's not just the team that will have an identity change - the fanbase will too.

Everyone has bandwagon fans. Alabama wasn't drawing full stadiums for their spring game until Saban got there. Tennessee was down 20,000+ at the end of Derek Dooley's tenure and they hadn't been nearly as bad for as long as us. It hurts us more that we aren't a large state school with tons of local alumni. So many locals think of SU as a group of elite rich kids, so the connection isn't there like it is for the state schools. I'm not an alumnus, just a CNY guy that grew up watching Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, Rob Moore, and Marvin Graves. I'll never be able to abandon my Orangemen (not orange) even if I want to.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom