Fantasy Baseball 2016??? | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2016???

Symphony Steve

All American
OK, I can hold out no longer. Despite (or perhaps b/c of) my late-season el-foldo, I desperately need to scratch my fantasy baseball itch. Are we gonna do the SU league again this year? I'm in, I'm ALL in.

Last year was so much fun, and, unlike my local league, we didn't have an a-hole Commish to deal with.

Baseball nirvana.

So-o-o-o, who's in charge? I'm a follower, not a leader.

I'm definitely in - like Steve as a follower, not a leader. I have to defend my championship! -- that I still can't believe I won.

I've been slacking. I'll get the league revived and give the past managers a few weeks to get in. But we can get a waiting list established for anyone else who might want a franchise.

You're worth at least twice what we pay you.

I appreciate that. Wish my boss felt the same way.

Topics for the group to decide on:
- Do we want to use keepers? I setup the league to support this for now, but we can turn it off or decide how to implement them
- Live draft time. I just put a placeholder date in for now, but if there are a large number of people who can't make that time, I'm open to suggestions as to when to hold it.
- Any interest in an auction draft? I've never done one and not sure how much longer it would take to do, anyone with input?
- Any roster position/size updates anyone wants?

I appreciate that. Wish my boss felt the same way.

Topics for the group to decide on:
- Do we want to use keepers? I setup the league to support this for now, but we can turn it off or decide how to implement them
- Live draft time. I just put a placeholder date in for now, but if there are a large number of people who can't make that time, I'm open to suggestions as to when to hold it.
- Any interest in an auction draft? I've never done one and not sure how much longer it would take to do, anyone with input?
- Any roster position/size updates anyone wants?

I've done auction drafts. All live, not online. Without keepers from last year, it would take inordinately longer, IMO. I think that online drafts are just easier to do than auctions. You call out the player's name, you've got him. Now, if we know in advance that everybody can do, say, five keepers, and they'll be based on the original draft round, then fine. But where would free agents picked up during the season fit in, if at all?

I've done one fantasy baseball league in the past and I enjoyed it. Would love to do it again if you all have room. Being a mets fan last season rekindled my love of baseball so I know I'll be watching a lot this year.

If you do an auction draft you should have a FAAB(Free Agent Auction Budget) Here is the link below.
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/story?page=mlbdk2k11faabprimer

Basically it would ensure that anyone on waivers/Free Agency could be bid on every team and if someone gets injured/calluped everyone has a shot at them.

In my league which is a keeper league and auction draft league. You have a 3 dollar tax on any player you keep at the price you have acquired them via draft/free agency/trade.

Auction draft is the way to go if you want a truly competitive league. As the snake draft just allows random order to determine the top 5 rounds of who gets Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Clayton Kershaw etc.

If you need another owner and have a waiting list I would like to get in on it.

Is the league H2H 5 by 5, or Roto?

Never done an auction draft but I'm open to whatever the majority wants to do. If we do switch the rules up, just make sure the rules are clearly explained because I have 3500 posts that should clearly show by now that I'm not the brightest guy in the world.

I rejoined. I'm fine with making it a semi competitive H2H with money involved, maybe a $10 buy in?

I'm not the biggest fan of auction drafts, to be honest, or keepers for baseball. If we did keepers, I'd obviously be ok with that, having drafted Bryce Harper and Noah Syndergaard last year.

I also can't do a Monday night, at all, so I'd vote to change the draft day/time.

If you still need players, add me to the list. I'd love to get in a league.

Bump...any word on changing the draft time/day?

Bump...any word on changing the draft time/day?

It can be changed. I've been holding off until we have more of the league represented before deciding on a final time. I expect it will be some weeknight in that final week before the season starts.

I think I'm leaning towards just a standard setup with a traditional snake draft and no keepers, but still open to suggestions. If folks are up for a little extra motivation, I could be talked into a nominal entry fee if that's the way we want to go.

Right now 7 of 12 teams from last year have renewed. I will send out a reminder to those who haven't signed back in yet and give them another week or so to claim their spot. After that I'll open it up to those who expressed an interest in this thread.

Waiting list is as follows:
Knicks411
OrangeFoo
Alsacs
OttoinGrotto
SUFaninNJ

It can be changed. I've been holding off until we have more of the league represented before deciding on a final time. I expect it will be some weeknight in that final week before the season starts.

I think I'm leaning towards just a standard setup with a traditional snake draft and no keepers, but still open to suggestions. If folks are up for a little extra motivation, I could be talked into a nominal entry fee if that's the way we want to go.

Right now 7 of 12 teams from last year have renewed. I will send out a reminder to those who haven't signed back in yet and give them another week or so to claim their spot. After that I'll open it up to those who expressed an interest in this thread.

Knicks411
OrangeFoo
Alsacs
OttoinGrotto
SUFaninNJ
I renewed actually and am one of the 7. In fact, I'm bringing back the poorly performing L-7 Weenies.

Knicks411
OrangeFoo
Alsacs
OttoinGrotto
SUFaninNJ
Just give me 24 hours and I am available.

Knicks411
OrangeFoo
Alsacs
OttoinGrotto
SUFaninNJ

Thanks. That works for me.

I renewed actually and am one of the 7. In fact, I'm bringing back the poorly performing L-7 Weenies.

Ok, so then I guess you don't still want to be on the waiting list then.

Also, consider this SWFLCUSE 's notice. No valid email address on his league registration, so if you want in, please renew.

I am registering now does Yahoo have a Baseball App for Iphones?

"There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning."

It appears I need an email invite to join league because I would go over the limit of the total of the league.