Fantasy Baseball | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball

I'm MSOrange if you couldn't figure that one out.

JR's team. Real original.

I'm Buzhardt's Luck. Named after a mediocre journeyman pitcher, John Buzhardt, who, according to the homer Philly announcers at the time, was always pitching into 'tough luck.'

Well, yes, there was that, and the fact that he was a mediocre journeyman pitcher.

BTW, was watching the Yanks-Blue Jays game, and one of the announcers said that it was no big deal that Tanaka was barely reaching 90. And he was right.

The first time through the lineup, that is.

I'm Vlad the Impaler...because despite being a hardcore Mets fan, Vladimir Guererro was my favorite player growing up. He had it all. Five tool player and his plate coverage was absurd. He'd hit any pitch, anywhere. Plus he had a CANNON in right.

Recall watching Mets games on WB11, because we didn't have Fox Sports NY growing up, and when it was Mets/Expos, Vlad would always kill the Mets.

In my big money Fantasy Baseball league, I was just offered Yasiel Puig and James Shield for Matt Harvey. I couldn't believe it when I opened the trade offer!

In my big money Fantasy Baseball league, I was just offered Yasiel Puig and James Shield for Matt Harvey. I couldn't believe it when I opened the trade offer!

Did you do it? Interesting trade. Shields is regressing, but Petco should stem that somewhat. Puig is a wildcard because he's so talented but has yet to put it together over a whole season. He could go .300/30/95/30 or he could go .275/20/75/20. We don't know what his floor is yet.

Harvey IMO is good for 17/195/2.95/1.85 this year, easy.

Did you do it? Interesting trade. Shields is regressing, but Petco should stem that somewhat. Puig is a wildcard because he's so talented but has yet to put it together over a whole season. He could go .300/30/95/30 or he could go .275/20/75/20. We don't know what his floor is yet.

195 strikeouts? I'm not sure about that. The Met's are going to limit his innings because of that elbow. Shields at Petco is one of the big factors. I accepted the trade. I already had a stacked pitching lineup and needed the help at outfield. This is my roster now.

Yan Gomes-C
Freddie Freeman - 1B
Howie Kendrick - 2b
Kyle Seager - 3B
Hanley Ramirez - SS
Ryan Zimmerman - 3b/of
Melky Cabrera - OF
Yasiel Puig - OF
Jorge Soler - OF
Joey Votto - 1B
Rusney Castillo - OF
Kris Bryant - 3b
Anthony Rendon (DL) - 2b/3b

Pitchers:
Johnny Cueto
Clayton Kershaw
Jacob DrGrom
James Shields
Aaron Sanchez
Rick Porcello
Andrew Cashner
Joe Nathan
Fernando Rodney
Bret Cecil

My keepers for the year were Cueto/DeGrom/Harvey. I have the best pitching staff in the league, and with the addition of Puig - my offense is very well put together as well.

By the way - Puig batted .296 last year with 16 HR/69 RBIs. He mashed during spring training this year. I would bet his numbers are closer to .300 than .275.

By the way - Puig batted .296 last year with 16 HR/69 RBIs. He mashed during spring training this year. I would bet his numbers are closer to .300 than .275.

Good call, but with Puig I'm more concerned about the counting stats. He's got prodigious power and speed. He should be getting 25/25 to 30/30 seasons in his prime no problem.

And not that it matters what I think, but you got a great deal for Harvey considering your pitching was already strong to begin with.

And not that it matters what I think, but you got a great deal for Harvey considering your pitching was already strong to begin with.

He overpaid big time. Had to capitalize on it. It's a 12 team league - 100 dollars per team. Winner get's a cool grand.

So it's early, but I may have the worst pitching in the history of fantasy baseball.

http://.com/su-doesnt-have-baseball-fantasy-update-week-2/

Go figure that a bunch of guys who are known for batting close to .300 and have high OBP, bat .196 and couldn't get on base at all. It's good though. Tis a long season!

I don't think I can change my avatar...just pretend that Vlad wants you to lose to him!

Also, check out the trade proposal...

I'm Hoots 1.12. I am looking for a closer or two, if anyone is dangling one out there then let me know and propose a trade with my yahoo drafted team.

Sorry guys, been pretty quiet to date between vacation and playing catch up. Apparently my hand off strategy is playing dividends so far, maybe I should apply that to my other leagues. Feeling good so far considering Bautista and Cano haven't done squat so far.

Dig the article, and don't worry about poor old me, it'll look better when I start my comeback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom