Fascinating Picture | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fascinating Picture

No he wouldn't. But if memory serves Calhoun didn't step away of his own choice (the way it's expected JB will) so he might still have the itch to keep going. If he had been able to go until he decided he no longer wanted too, then it might be a very different ideal for Calhoun.

Sure ego gets in the way, but for now Calhoun just helped Ollie win a title, and from what I can tell 98% of the public is giving Ollie most of the credit, and the rest of it is going to Napier. So that's probably ego bumping enough for the time being.

Well, it will be interesting to see how long Calhoun continues to have the itch and how it impacts Ollie, as I imagine it might eventually.

maybe, but you would think eventually ego gets in the way.

I guess when Hop is in charge, I would not expect JB to be doing what you outlined.

Jb is going to be playing a lot of golf and going on a lot of vacations when he retires, plus he has too much respect for hop.

Wow that is an amazing array of coaching stars. Where is Pitino? He seems like the one big time guy missing (unless I didn't see him there).

I thought the NCAA had limitations on the number of coaches(representatives) from a school that could go out recruiting. Calhoun's position at UConn is Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics. So he is an agent of the school and would count against their coaching staff. The bylaw concerning this is below. The last statement is confusing though "non-organized voluntary athletically related activities (e.g. pickup games)". The picture was at Peach Jam which is an organized event. Just wondering what people thought about this.

NCAA Bylaw: 11.7.1.1.1.1.1 Sport Specific Non-coaching Activities.

A noncoaching staff member with sport-specific responsibilities (e.g., director of operations, administrative assistant) may participate in organized activities involving only the coaching staff or may perform administrative duties (e.g., attend meetings involving coaching activities, analyze video of the institution's or an opponent's team, track statistics during practice or competition). However, such an individual is prohibited from participating in instructional activities with student-athletes and any on-court or on-field activities (e.g., assist with drills, throw batting practice), and is prohibited from participating with or observing student-athletes in the staff member's sport who are engaged in nonorganized voluntary athletically related activities (e.g., pick-up games). (Adopted: 1/16/10)

Yeah, I think they're trying to draw a distinction between the street agent who hangs around Rucker Park and the legitimate events where they are most likely just observing and any contact with the prospects would be highly public.

I thought the NCAA had limitations on the number of coaches(representatives) from a school that could go out recruiting. Calhoun's position at UConn is Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics. So he is an agent of the school and would count against their coaching staff. The bylaw concerning this is below. The last statement is confusing though "non-organized voluntary athletically related activities (e.g. pickup games)". The picture was at Peach Jam which is an organized event. Just wondering what people thought about this.

NCAA Bylaw: 11.7.1.1.1.1.1 Sport Specific Non-coaching Activities.

A noncoaching staff member with sport-specific responsibilities (e.g., director of operations, administrative assistant) may participate in organized activities involving only the coaching staff or may perform administrative duties (e.g., attend meetings involving coaching activities, analyze video of the institution's or an opponent's team, track statistics during practice or competition). However, such an individual is prohibited from participating in instructional activities with student-athletes and any on-court or on-field activities (e.g., assist with drills, throw batting practice), and is prohibited from participating with or observing student-athletes in the staff member's sport who are engaged in nonorganized voluntary athletically related activities (e.g., pick-up games). (Adopted: 1/16/10)
That's where my mind went, too. Seems that if Calhoun is on the road, one of their assistants should not be.

scottynguyen said:
@usabasketball With recruiting period in full effect, college coaches are at USOTC to watch #USABMU17 training camp.

Gotta love JB, doesn't give a F. Name the coaches -- I see JTIII, Calhoun, Ollie, Crean, Izzo, K, Capel ...

Reminds me of the pants tent

1395482089183.jpg

You have to give a like to anything Larry David. BTW, he had a flick that came out last year, Clear History, that is currently on HBO or one of the pay channels. I caught the 2nd half of it the other day while flipping the channels. Typical Larry David. Get's himself into a little mess.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2279864/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_2

Anything Larry David or Seinfeld related gets an automatic like from me.

You would think sooner or later Ollie would say "Hey, time to let go, I can handle this."

1 of the keys in life is making others feel like they are important. this is a power move by Ollie. He has Calhoun by a string. Ollie knows it, Calhoun doesn't.

You would think sooner or later Ollie would say "Hey, time to let go, I can handle this."

1 of the keys in life is making others feel like they are important. this is a power move by Ollie. He has Calhoun by a string. Ollie knows it, Calhoun doesn't.

I think you are reading to much into it. I bet it's just a case of retirement is boring and Ollie was nice enough to bring Calhoun along.

Extended to the right .. .

4fxxfm.jpg
I find the fact that Scott Drew and Rick Barnes are sitting next to each other hilarious. Two of my least favorite in-game coaches. A lot of wasted talent on those rosters the last few years.

What's this guys deal? Someone squirt in his Cheerios?

That's Roy, still sulking about the 2003 NCAA Championship. Boeheim just farted and snorted while laughing at him.