Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT) | Syracusefan.com

Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT)

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
A huge snowstorm heading your way! Who else on this board is in the line of fire?

BTW, Syracuse is two feet down from our average snowfall. And we will get nothing from this storm.

Looking at about 30" up here in New England :eek:

Good thing I got the snow-blower fixed.

got a blizzard warning from 1pm today till midnight wednesday.

it was supposed to get here at 3, woke up this morning to about an inch. obviously, hasnt stopped.

looks like we here in the Worlds Capital are headed for 2 feet.

it was supposed to get here at 3, woke up this morning to about an inch. obviously, hasnt stopped.

The old timers feared (and bragged about) a true Nor'easter.

Queue the 24 hours a day coverage on NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX for the duration of the storm from Manhattan, the outer boroughs, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut replete with interviews with kids (Do you like the snow? Do you like not having school? What are you going to do?), travelers (How are the roads? Why are you out?), passengers stranded at the airports (How long have you been here? Where are you trying to get to? What has your airline told you?), snow plow operators (How are the roads? How long have you been out there?) and various minor government officials as well as the obligatory mayoral and governor press conferences.

Then, once the storm stops, there will be the obligatory, "it has been X amount of time since the storm stopped and my street still hasn't been plowed", pics of sleeping snow plow drivers, pics of buried cars, and the "alternate side back in effect tomorrow despite the fact most cars are buried under 6 feet of snow"

Next week, we should start hearing about the Grand Canyon-sized potholes that are plaguing our roads and highways as well as hearing complaints from residents of the last two streets in NYC to get plowed and people who have gotten parking tickets because their cars are now encased in six feet of ice.

Oh, and every channel will have the "pitchers and catchers report in X days" to make everyone feel like Spring is just around the corner.

Anything I missed?

Good. Snow blows and serves zero purpose on this planet. I hope every ski resort goes bankrupt

And I thought I disliked the snow! :) The only things that gets me through the winter is going to SU games and college basketball season. Without it, I'd be miserable.

Predicting 18-24" in Stamford, CT. Just hope the power doesn't go out.

The wife's flight to Raleigh for the company sales meeting got cancelled yesterday evening before the first flakes started. She was supposed to be flying through LGA but has gotten rerouted through Detroit. Will be interesting to see if she makes it back on Thursday or if the flights will still be jacked up from this one.

Theoretically zombies would be easier to kill during the cold and especially in the snow...

Speaking of killing zombies...my wife and I have a new record on Call of Duty II "Nuketown" map. Level 34.

What I don't understand is why do they hate us soooo much?????

My town is supposed to get 3 feet. Sadly, I had to fly to Southern California yesterday

Said no one who's been north of The Wall ever.

Am assuming you are referencing Game of Thrones.

You obviously haven't seen Game of Thrones :)

Nope...but read the books. Didn't really get the impression they were zombies, more like ghosts or wights or something like that. Undead, yes, but not zombies.

Speaking of killing zombies...my wife and I have a new record on Call of Duty II "Nuketown" map. Level 34.

What I don't understand is why do they hate us soooo much?????

They just have a bad case of the munchies...

The wife's flight to Raleigh for the company sales meeting got cancelled yesterday evening before the first flakes started. She was supposed to be flying through LGA but has gotten rerouted through Detroit. Will be interesting to see if she makes it back on Thursday or if the flights will still be jacked up from this one.

Ugh. I'm supposed to fly from Raleigh to Dayton on Wednesday afternoon. Very nervous...hopefully connecting in DC will make it OK.

18" Expected in eastern VT. Trying to decide if I want to take work off tomorrow and go snowboarding or not... (work will not be cancelled because we are Vermonters) ;)

I have a son living in Manhattan (SoHo area). Wishing everyone in the target areas- safety through it and the ability to just layer up, hunker down and enjoy a hot toddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom