Fav player from 2009 till now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fav player from 2009 till now?

I really enjoyed a lot of players in that time frame but my favs tend to be guys who pour their heart and soul into SU for 4 years. So for me it is a tough call between AO and Andy but my vote goes to Andy...a 1 star recruit out of JD who turned himself into a major force AND he also overcame a serious knee injury along the way.

I really enjoyed a lot of players in that time frame but my favs tend to be guys who pour their heart and soul into SU for 4 years. So for me it is a tough call between AO and Andy but my vote goes to Andy...a 1 star recruit out of JD who turned himself into a major force AND he also overcame a serious knee injury along the way.
I agree 100% and include Arinze for the same exact reason to come back and reach the NBA. And without trying to stir the pot and to act snippy during this holiday season I don't think I would pick my favorite as someone who put themselves above the team by not taking academics seriously or by becoming best friends with 7 foot security guards.

Scoop, hands down. Scoop epitomizes, for me, all that college can be for people who have not had as many opportunities as others up until then. He made mistakes, but rather than rail at the system for being unfair, he learned and grew into a fine representative of SU and the SU program.
Then Andy. The flip side of Scoop. Lots of advantages growing up, but underrated as a player. Used his time at SU to work on his game, and became an NBA player.

Eric devendorf and there is no close second for me. I miss his toughness. Respect a player willing to throw down

I agree with you on a lot of things, this included. By far Eric Devendorf with Dion being in second.

Say what you will about the guy but he loved playing for Syracuse, he loved playing basketball, and he did whatever it took to win.

This is tough...

Dion- kid oozed toughness and swagger. You could tell that he thought that he was better than the unfortunate schlub who had to guard him.

Devo - if for nothing else than for the Seton Hall BET game, and his sword dance thing. IMO, truly great teams need a little swagger and attitude.

Scoop - if, after his sophomore year, someone told me that Scoop would be one of my all-time favorites, I would have laughed at them. Kid bled orange, and he grew so much as a player and as a person during his time at SU.

Andy - he improved as much during his time at SU as any player that I can remember. Looked like an choir boy, but he was a tough SOB.

BMK - he epitomized the phrase "student-athlete" - he represented SU with class and honor, and truly seemed to savor every moment, experience and opportunity while at SU. Like Scoop, I'm pretty sure he has some orange in his blood.

1.) MCW - Loved watching him play PG. Unreal court vision & natural playmaker.
2.) Wes - Such a good-natured guy, really easy to like person. Did everything well, yet seemed so unselfish on court.
T3.) DCII, Fab - DCII for his passion/local ties. Fab for way he could move as a 7 footer & his goofy personality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom