Favorite play last night? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite play last night?

I liked the behind the back dribble by MCW with a wide open pass to Triche for the dunk. if MCW kept going he would have hada charge or the IU defender of stole it but he put it around the back and changed directions. Everyone was still going the other way and he was wide open with triche ahead of him.

There were so many. I'll go with the most surprising which was Jeremy's block on Sheehey. Sheehey had the baseline for an easy bucket and then "whoops what happened where'd he come from?" At first I thought he'd banged it off the rim, had to rewind the old DVR to see that Jeremy got it. Sweet sweet victory.

I had to rewind and watch that again after the game was over. While watching the game live, at first I thought that shot went in until I saw CJ holding it under the basket and not bringing it in from out of bounds.
Watching it again, Grant was clearly caught out of position, but made a remarkable recovery to get back and block the dunk attempt. And it looked pretty clean - maybe a little contact but mostly ball.
Grant is an incredible athlete and is going to be fun to watch as a starter next year.

4 Minutes?! With 4 minutes left I still had visons of missed free throws and a couple of deep threes from Hulls or Oladipo!
Yup...it's as if Indiana had no sense for our ability to make a lead disappear.
But that wasn't happening last night.
They got one 3 and Boeheim wisely called a time out.
We will not be beaten if we keep playing at this level.

One important point last night that is easy to miss given our spectacular defense:
we did not put up bad shots.
I can only think of one the entire game.

I loved the attitude we played with. When one of their puny guards were on the ball, Triche and MCW just went straight at them.

As for plays, I went crazy with Triche's crossover and finish and the block on Zeller when Grant got 2 hands on the ball and Keita came over the top to help put it in his face. Just kick your ass type of plays.

I liked the behind the back dribble by MCW with a wide open pass to Triche for the dunk. if MCW kept going he would have hada charge or the IU defender of stole it but he put it around the back and changed directions. Everyone was still going the other way and he was wide open with triche ahead of him.

That was an incredible play by MCW.

Early in the game, SU makes a shot and IU tris to push the ball up the court...MCW is already in the zone, but steps forward as the IU guard brings he ball forward, strips him clean. The result is an MCW layup. Right there I said, "IU has more to worry about than just the zone." SU was determined to set the pace in this game, and it meant defense first.

I was harping on it all week so my favorite play by far is when BMK took the charge v Zeller early in the 1st half. Very smart play and beautifully done. Zeller didn't really try to drop his shoulder the rest of the game and you could tell he was uncomfortable from there on.

Any others?

Easy answer: MCW posting up on the first play of the game.

It meant we had a plan other than the three man swing outside the arc. And it set the tone for our guards dominating physically.

44cuse

Early in the game, SU makes a shot and IU tris to push the ball up the court...MCW is already in the zone, but steps forward as the IU guard brings he ball forward, strips him clean. The result is an MCW layup. Right there I said, "IU has more to worry about than just the zone." SU was determined to set the pace in this game, and it meant defense first.
That's right. That was the play.

Favorite play(s) were each and every drive an SU player had against Home Depot. Guy was like an EZ Pass lane, a self checkout.

The Triche crossover drive for a layup in the first half that just befuddled Hulls. One of the best crossovers I've seen from an SU player in a while.

If it's the one I'm thinking, it was vs Sheehey @ the 9 min mark. He rocked him to sleep then got the and 1 (which he missed).

Seeing Triche go to the rack early, knowing that would be a good sign and a mismatch we could take advantage of... and Keita's maniacal yelling on that one play going back down the floor.

To tell you the truth, everyone we were sitting with realized the game was over at the under 4 time out. IU had nothing to counter us with. The couple of times they did foul us, we made at least one. More importantly though, they could not score...

Your second to last sentence was the key, Mike for whatever reason cant make 2 of 2 but he was at least getting the first ditto for Keita who went 1-2 late as well. When you have a 10 pt lead like that you just have to get something on each Ft trip, its the Goose eggs that kill you. SU getting 1 of 2 three times down the stretch was a huge help.

the one that keeps sticking out to me is the one that said the story for the game. Zeller tried to elevate, the only problem was Jerami Grant was already there and 2 hand blocked the ball right back at his face. Both Grants arms were easily 8 inches above Zeller when he let the ball go. And for good measure if he missed it Baye, and James were there just in case.

My favourite play we didn't even score on. First possession, MCW gives the ball up and immediately posts up on IU's guards. Missed the bunny but could see Jimmy's gameplan and loved it.

My favorite play was the charge Keita drew on Zeller.

Really set the tone for Zeller not getting on-track the rest of the game. Anyone who watched the Temple game knows how much momentum changed when the team started making a concerted effort to pound the ball inside to Zeller over that game's last few minutes. Having Zeller drift around in the high post and not get to the free throw line was a big factor in our win.

My favorite play was the one where the IU guard was rushing down the court trying to beat SU's zone setup and MCW made a bee-line for the ball and got the steal before the kid had any clue what even happened.

there were so many, but I'll throw in a nod to Triche's driving layup that pushed the lead back to 16 with under 6 to play . . . you could virtually see what was left of Indiana's spirit leaving their bodies

I have been tough on MCW all season, but last night was far an away his best game of the year.
And yet he had exactly 1 assist for the game.
Virtually everyone has been adamant that we could not win games with MCW scoring but not assisting.
:noidea:

And yet he had exactly 1 assist for the game.
Virtually everyone has been adamant that we could not win games with MCW scoring but not assisting.
:noidea:
To be clear, people were saying it was a problem if MCW was "shooting" instead of assisting. At the time, his shooting percentage was in the 20's. I don't think you'd have gotten those comments if he was shooting 50%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom