Favorite play last night?

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by ImperialOrange, Mar 29, 2013.

1. dinosaurbbq

dinosaurbbq 2nd String

Mine was Triche's second dunk--the one in traffic and he just went strong. Loved it.

tee1222 and Henny & Coke like this.
  2. FairfaxOrange

FairfaxOrange Starter

To tell you the truth, everyone we were sitting with realized the game was over at the under 4 time out. IU had nothing to counter us with. The couple of times they did foul us, we made at least one. More importantly though, they could not score...

3. HarrisonJBounel

HarrisonJBounel All Conference

Finally someone told MCW, or he finally listened, to put some arc on his shot. It makes him a completely different player, and us a completely different team.

I have been tough on MCW all season, but last night was far an away his best game of the year.

My favorite play was actually in the first half when one of their little munchkin guards, "Yogi", tried to force transition by speeding up the court, out of control. MCW saw he was forced left by the D, charged at his left hand, and stole the ball at full speed the other way for an easy two at the other end. It was a high-risk, playground kind of a move, but he made it work and it seemed to really take what little wind IU had in their sails.

tee1222, HoustonCuse, SteveC and 3 others like this.
  4. mike32768

mike32768 Scout Team

Maybe it wasn't a favorite "play" but "plays"... I didn't see BT going up to the hoop with no ball in his hands a dozen times like I usually do.

5. Shenexon

Shenexon All Conference

Jerami's dunk. He made it clear there would be no relief...

6. HouseOfCuse

HouseOfCuse Scout Team

I liked the behind the back dribble by MCW with a wide open pass to Triche for the dunk. if MCW kept going he would have hada charge or the IU defender of stole it but he put it around the back and changed directions. Everyone was still going the other way and he was wide open with triche ahead of him.

tee1222 and HakAttack like this.
  7. 85SUAlum

85SUAlum 2nd String

I had to rewind and watch that again after the game was over. While watching the game live, at first I thought that shot went in until I saw CJ holding it under the basket and not bringing it in from out of bounds.
    Watching it again, Grant was clearly caught out of position, but made a remarkable recovery to get back and block the dunk attempt. And it looked pretty clean - maybe a little contact but mostly ball.
    Grant is an incredible athlete and is going to be fun to watch as a starter next year.

tee1222 and Shenexon like this.
  8. Col. Bleep

Col. Bleep All Conference

Yup...it's as if Indiana had no sense for our ability to make a lead disappear.
    But that wasn't happening last night.
    They got one 3 and Boeheim wisely called a time out.
    We will not be beaten if we keep playing at this level.

One important point last night that is easy to miss given our spectacular defense:
    we did not put up bad shots.
    I can only think of one the entire game.

tee1222 likes this.
  9. MattyL

MattyL Walk On

I loved the attitude we played with. When one of their puny guards were on the ball, Triche and MCW just went straight at them.

As for plays, I went crazy with Triche's crossover and finish and the block on Zeller when Grant got 2 hands on the ball and Keita came over the top to help put it in his face. Just kick your ass type of plays.

tee1222 likes this.
  10. HakAttack

HakAttack Starter

That was an incredible play by MCW.

11. All4SU

All4SU Hall of Fame

Early in the game, SU makes a shot and IU tris to push the ball up the court...MCW is already in the zone, but steps forward as the IU guard brings he ball forward, strips him clean. The result is an MCW layup. Right there I said, "IU has more to worry about than just the zone." SU was determined to set the pace in this game, and it meant defense first.

tee1222, Upstate and OttoinGrotto like this.
  12. 44cuse

44cuse All Conference

Easy answer: MCW posting up on the first play of the game.

It meant we had a plan other than the three man swing outside the arc. And it set the tone for our guards dominating physically.

44cuse

13. OttoinGrotto

OttoinGrotto 2016 Iggy Winner

That's right. That was the play.

14. Upstate

Upstate Hall of Fame

Favorite play(s) were each and every drive an SU player had against Home Depot. Guy was like an EZ Pass lane, a self checkout.

15. ImperialOrange

ImperialOrange Living Legend

If it's the one I'm thinking, it was vs Sheehey @ the 9 min mark. He rocked him to sleep then got the and 1 (which he missed).

16. dollarbill44

dollarbill44 All Conference

that's the one.

17. ImperialOrange

ImperialOrange Living Legend

Good stuff. I'm rewatching the game as we type.

18. cuse522

cuse522 Walk On

Seeing Triche go to the rack early, knowing that would be a good sign and a mismatch we could take advantage of... and Keita's maniacal yelling on that one play going back down the floor.

tee1222, Knicks411 and LetMeIn like this.
  19. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Hall of Fame

Your second to last sentence was the key, Mike for whatever reason cant make 2 of 2 but he was at least getting the first ditto for Keita who went 1-2 late as well. When you have a 10 pt lead like that you just have to get something on each Ft trip, its the Goose eggs that kill you. SU getting 1 of 2 three times down the stretch was a huge help.

20. SWC75

SWC75 Bored Historian

The steals.

tee1222 likes this.

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex