Favorite Starting Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Starting Lineup

Tough question. I came up with 4 immediately, and had to really think on the fifth guy. My starting five:

Sherman Douglas
Allen Griffin (the one I had to think over)
Andy Rautins
Billy Owens
Etan Thomas

Next five:

Scoop Jardine
Billy Edelin
Mike Hopkins
John Wallace
Arinze Onuaku

I'm kind of in the dark about the criteria for this list, but if we're talking about our personal favorite players brought together in lineup form, I find myself nodding in agreement at your ten.

Sub in Dave Johnson or Warrick for Owens and Otis Hill for Onuaku and that's my list. I'll trade in my season tickets to watch those guys play together.

I'm kind of in the dark about the criteria for this list, but if we're talking about our personal favorite players brought together in lineup form, I find myself nodding in agreement at your ten.

Sub in Dave Johnson or Warrick for Owens and Otis Hill for Onuaku and that's my list. I'll trade in my season tickets to watch those guys play together.

Dave Johnson! Another underrated player in our history. Good call on that. Another guy that stepped forward his junior and senior year right when we needed it a supporting player for Owens and then Moten.

Dave Johnson! Another underrated player in our history. Good call on that. Another guy that stepped forward his junior and senior year right when we needed it a supporting player for Owens and then Moten.

And, of great importance to 10-year-old OttoMets, a tremendous dunker.

PG - Sherm and Pearl
SG - Bing & Moten
SF - Melo and Billy O
PF - DC and Wallace
C- Rony and Rosy

Honorable Mentions - Gerry, AO, Raf, Stevie, and Hak.

Other than the anomaly of Melo, there just really can't be any room for some of the recent one & doners on this list of all-time greats.

1) Pearl
2) Wallace (Stretch I know)
3) Carmelo
4) Coleman
5) Seikaly

My more recent ideal lineup is:

1) MCW
2) Dion
3) Wes
4) Greene
5) Fab

All Time (that I actually watched play)

MCW/Edelin
Dion/GMAC
Carmelo/Owens
Wallace/Warrick
Coleman/Fab

One Team

Triche/Edelin
Rautins/GMAC
Johnson/Melo
Jackson/Warrick
Onuaku/McNeil

MCW & Rautins in the backcourt
Wes & DC at forward
Etan at Center

that team would absolutely shut people down on defense, and while they are not the best offensive talents at their respective positions, the are all very good and there would be more than enough scoring

Wow, I gotta say everybody is entitled to their opinion. I also understand some of the younger posters here not being fully cognisant of how good some of the all-time greats were & as a result of their mentioning more recent names.

However, the one name several posters have put on their lists that totally shocks me is Fab. IMHO, his personal screw ups and irresponsibility probably cost us a NC or at the very least a FF appearance. I find it really, really hard to see this guy mentioned in the same sentence as so many of our icons.

Wow, I gotta say everybody is entitled to their opinion. I also understand some of the younger posters here not being fully cognisant of how good some of the all-time greats were & as a result of their mentioning more recent names.

However, the one name several posters have put on their lists that totally shocks me is Fab. IMHO, his personal screw ups and irresponsibility probably cost us a NC or at the very least a FF appearance. I find it really, really hard to see this guy mentioned in the same sentence as so many of our icons.

As a defensive center in the zone he was a dominating game changing force. If I was setting up an all JB 2-3 zone defensive team I think I'd have to have him on it.

Hello everyone.. as we begin another season, I wanted to have some fun. This has been done before but still fun regardless. Please share your favorite lineup followed by the immediate second favorite lineup. Lets enjoy!

Carter-Williams/Flynn
McNamara/Rautins
Anthony/Fair
Wes/Warrick
AO/Kieta

Rakeem Christmas
C.J. Fair
Kris Joseph
Brandon Triche
Scoop Jardine

I just miss the days when we had two solid PGs who could occasional shoot well from outside.

I would AO or Rick Jackson over Fab any day of the week. If I go back further there's probably many more!

Funny how MCW is mentioned a lot in here, yet while he was playing we couldn't wait for him to leave.

Fav:
Pg - Sherm
Sg - Moten (Out of position @ the 2)
Sf - Billy O
Pf - John Wallace
C - Etan Thomas

2nd Fav:
Pg - Z
Sg - Stevie (Out of position @ the 2)
Sf - Todd Burgan
Pf - DC
C - Conrad McRae

I realize college kids are going to make mistakes and mature of the years as so many of our guys have, but I struggle with the same thing with Fab also.

He was.
But MOST underrated player EVER at SU is Greg Monroe.
Career: more than 47% from the floor.
The one year he played with the 3-pointer (and the Orange went to the finals) he shot 44% from 3...and averaged 13 a game on a team with scorers like Douglas, Seikaly and Coleman,

Which is why...the team I'd pick is:

Bouie/Seikaly
Hackett/Coleman
L.Rautins/Melo
A. Rautins (he made the zone MUCH better)/Monroe
Douglas/Pearl

Sherm/Billy E
Devo/GMac
Billy/Moten
Wallace/Melo
Etan/McNeil

Maybe not the greatest in SU history but my favorites to watch.

He was.
But MOST underrated player EVER at SU is Greg Monroe.
Career: more than 47% from the floor.
The one year he played with the 3-pointer (and the Orange went to the finals) he shot 44% from 3...and averaged 13 a game on a team with scorers like Douglas, Seikaly and Coleman,

Which is why...the team I'd pick is:

Bouie/Seikaly
Hackett/Coleman
L.Rautins/Melo
A. Rautins (he made the zone MUCH better)/Monroe
Douglas/Pearl
I loved Greg Monroe too. The steady set-shot shooter from Rochester was a huge part of that '87 should have been champion team. I think a G-Mac or Matt Roe or Cooney might have posted similar numbers with that team, just because teams didn't have a game plan to guard against the 3 point shot in that first year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom