Favorite video games? | Syracusefan.com

Favorite video games?

SteveC

Starter
I'm not sure how many of you actually play video games.. what with life and everything but i figured why the hell not?

Mass Effect is easily my favorite games series of all time. second is probably...Final Fantasy X.

Mass Effect also gave me this to watch:

Not one word spoken by the "news" caster is true -_-. Why was this even on the news?

I don't play many video games, but for me it doesn't get any better than the Fallout series. Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are just spectacular.

The games I've played the most in my life are:

Baseball Stars (NES)
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
Tetris (NES)
NHL 94 (Sega Genesis)
Golden Eye (N-64)

I've also played many of the different incarnations of Madden.

I play more FIFA than just about anything, and spank bnoro in it as often as possible.

Sports games are always a constant for me, but my favorite of all time has to still be Ocarina of Time. I've replayed that thing so many times.

Golden eye on 64, I swear that game took a year out of my life. Four players at once? You gotta be kidding me! Looked amazing on my 30 inch TV lol.

Rainbow six, on computer. I think it was one of the first big online multi player game, we were addicted to that.

NCAA football, and Tiger Woods is all I really play anymore, which seems to be once a month.

Although my wife left a fitness DVD in my ps3 for three days. Ps3 hasn't worked since...

Kaboom

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Once in NBA Live 95 I scored 60 points and had 61 assists in a single game with Billy Owens. If anyone knows him, tell him he's welcome.

Baseball Stars (NES)
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
Tetris (NES)
NHL 94 (Sega Genesis)
Golden Eye (N-64)

Tetris ftw. It was the first game i ever played. It was when i was like 4 or 5 (i think) and it was on a gray brick of a handheld.

Mutant League Football.

Duh.

I just played that last night! found the old cartridge and figured why not? It a LOT harder than i remember. Killing your own QB is fun though.

I just played that last night! found the old cartridge and figured why not? It a LOT harder than i remember. Killing your own QB is fun though.
Yeah, my friend hooked me up with an emulator and some games a while back, and I bought a retro Super Nintendo USB controller and fired it up for some Genesis/SNES action. Obviously fired up MLF. It took me a few tries before I won the Mutant Bowl. I play it on the setting where if a player dies they stay dead. Most games end in a forfeit. Makes the tourney really difficult.

Baseball Stars (NES)
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
NHL 94 (Sega Genesis)

^^^^This. No other games compare. I havent played video games since...well... I grew up...had kids... and making money was more important than playing a video game...but these were ones that I played for not hours, but days straight. I probably played at least 500 full seasons of Super Tecmo Bowl and won the Super Bowl with every team. God I loved that game. Baseball Stars was WAAAY ahead of its time. My favorite play was intentionally diving sideways to try to get to a ball that you couldnt run down. Those who have played this game know what I mean.

I also at one time held the record for most under par in Nintendo golf at -25. I was actually in the Nintendo magazine as the "world record holder". Yes I was a complete loser when I was younger. Well I still am but...

Favorite baseball game ever has to be RBI Baseball. Loved that game. Also loved NHL...94, maybe? What year did Nirvana's Nevermind come out? It was that year, I remember because that album was my soundtrack to that game when I destroyed people with the Penguins.

NCAA Football is basically the only sports game I play these days. I haven't even played Madden in probably 10-12 years.

Favorite baseball game ever has to be RBI Baseball. Loved that game. Also loved NHL...94, maybe? What year did Nirvana's Nevermind come out? It was that year, I remember because that album was my soundtrack to that game when I destroyed people with the Penguins.

NCAA Football is basically the only sports game I play these days. I haven't even played Madden in probably 10-12 years.

God RBI Baseball was another one. I played that until my fingers bled.

What year did Nirvana's Nevermind come out? It was that year, I remember because that album was my soundtrack to that game when I destroyed people with the Penguins
Nevermind was released in 1991, but most of the sheep didn't get it until 1992.

I also at one time held the record for most under par in Nintendo golf at -25. I was actually in the Nintendo magazine as the "world record holder"..
If that's not on your resume/LinkedIn profile, your priorities are all messed up.

If that's not on your resume/LinkedIn profile, your priorities are all messed up.

Ha I dont even have a Linked In profile thingy. I remember having to take a picture of the score and send it in to the magazine. My parents were not impressed for some reason.

Ha I dont even have a Linked In profile thingy. I remember having to take a picture of the score and send it in to the magazine. My parents were not impressed for some reason.
Have you ever seen King of Kong? Video game world records are no joke.

Have you ever seen King of Kong? Video game world records are no joke.

I have not. Interesting.

This was the game I was referring too. I tried to search records but didnt find anything. I wish I still had that magazine and or pic.

Golf_Coverart.png

Baseball Stars (NES)
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
Tetris (NES)
NHL 94 (Sega Genesis)
Golden Eye (N-64)

As Donnie and Cusetroop have previously said, I think Golden Eye for Nintendo 64 was by far the game that I've had the most fun with. We literally played golden eye with four players for about 4 years straight. My favorite level was the stack and it wasn't even close. The other levels were too big for the most part in my opinion. We also used to play slaps only on a license to kill, and then someone would be Oddjob and ruin the game.

I also loved playing Mario Kart, even for Super NES it was fun, but it was really fun for N64. Personally, I consider myself to be the best Mario Kart 64 player that I've ever seen. We've also had a lot of heated battles and arguments over this game as well.

Another game that we also found fun, was Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey was a ton of fun. We've gotten into so many intense arguments playing 4 players on that.

Ken Griffey Jr. baseball for N64 was also fun, but the realism factor was pretty stupid in my opinion. You could trade 2-3 players that had a rating of 30 for a player rated 40, then just claim the 30s back off of free agency, etc. The scores would also be 100 to 1, so that sounds realistic. You could also just toggle running the bases and confuse the computer that way.

Tecmo Super Bowl was probably my favorite game as a little kid. I always liked Castlevania and Metal Gear too.

Later on we started playing online computer games, and I was never a fan of counterstrike, but we played America's Army quite abit. It was ridiculously fun.

There are way too many to list, but obviously Mega Man was heavily played by me as a kid as well. My brother loved Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden, etc. We also played and liked Mortal Kombat a lot, but I think Killer Instinct Gold was one of my favorite fighting games.

does the one where you watch the Asian lesbians while turning your own crank count? Because I wager that is the most popular video game of all time.

does the one where you watch the Asian lesbians while turning your own crank count? Because I wager that is the most popular video game of all time.

I get that from watching the late night SWAC games...well minus the asian lesbians of course.

Wow... brushing off memories.

Pretty similar - for me it was:

Spider Fighter, HERO, Pitfall and Tapper on Atari 2600
RBI Baseball, Super Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble on NES
NHL '94, NBA, and NCAA Football on Sega Genesis

Nothing since... got old and preferred watching games over playing them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics