FCS teams all playing well | Syracusefan.com

FCS teams all playing well

It happens, we won't be the first won't be the last. It's football. Some good program will lose to an fcs today or next week. Pitt did a few years ago too

I'm already over the game. After GT and NU last year the team came back. I don't trust the staff as far as game planning like I trusted Marrone and his staff, but they're good recruiters and generally seem like good motivators. Nova is a good team for their division and a great program overall. Hopefully we learn from this and come out strong against CMU.

Iowa is only up 4, Ga Tech only up 1, NC State and Iowa State losing all to FCS teams at half. It could have been much worse guys. If the team is not ready for CMU we have a problem but considering it sounds like we killed 90 percent of our playbook for the second half be happy be 1-0 and stay on path for 8 wins.

Pitt 42 Delaware 0 @ half

Good thing the Blue Hens fired KC Keeler, halfway through a 10 year contract and after 3 trips to the national title game.

It appears that the competitive fire that the 16 team FCS playoff (I believe) has created a lot of dynamic programs. Maybe the FBS conferences that aren't part of the P5 should merge with the FCS and have real National playoff. It would be like the old AFL / NFL battle.

Iowa is only up 4, Ga Tech only up 1, NC State and Iowa State losing all to FCS teams at half. It could have been much worse guys. If the team is not ready for CMU we have a problem but considering it sounds like we killed 90 percent of our playbook for the second half be happy be 1-0 and stay on path for 8 wins.
Ga Southern moved up this year.

Ga Southern moved up this year.

There's little difference between the top FCS teams and the non-power conference FBS teams. Most of them came from FCS or it's equivalent in the old days.

The power conferences should be Division 1, the now power conference teams in FBS should be reunited with the FCS teams for Division 2. Division 2, Division 3 and the NAIA should combine to form a new Division 3. Not happening but just saying.

True, but most of the teams who there are playing against are bad football teams.

Iowa narrowly escaped. Iowa St. got waxed at home. Navy played with OSU etc. and that is all before 330 p.m. It's college football. Anything can happen. Get the W and move on. Learn what you can and grow from it.

Last edited:
Iowa narrowly escaped. Iowa St. got waxed at home. Navy played with OU etc. and that is all before 330 p.m. It's college football. Anything can happen. Get the W and move on. Learn what you can and grow from it.

Exactly. People are acting as if we are a top 20 program, we played terrible versus a good fcs program with a great qb who beat us all night. Yes we got lucky, should have lost but didn't, move on. We could lose the next too! That is why they play the games, I think!

We also lost our starting qb whose running the football is the best part of our whole offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom