Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances

I gotta lot of problems with you people, and now, you're gonna hear about it!

The traffic lights in Florida are way too long.

The plastic used in plastic water bottles has become too thin, to the point where it is very difficult to hold a newly opened one and not spill water all over the place.

There are too few commercials on the ACC Network telecasts. If we have to be subject to these so often, Chick-Fil-A should have to open a few restaurants in Central New York.

Mr Excitement.

Jimmy Johns. The speed is great. The sandwich is actually not bad. But why does the meat push out the opposite end every time you take a bite?

Tattoos. Art belongs on walls, not skin.

Out of town scores. On the ribbon boards. For football and basketball. Seriously, why can't we have this?

The ban on the kiss cam. People with no tolerance or sense of humor shouldn't be allowed to impose their views on the good people in the world.

Kingston rated as a top 10 food city for upstate NY. For it's Chinese food. I am not even sure it is part of upstate NY but Chinese food from the Hudson Valley should be on 'no buy' lists, not top 10 lists. Wrong answer, Eleanor.

Thread hijackers. Especially on the threads for recruits. Not cool.

People who think e-cigs are okay to use wherever they want.

Hand signals college fans use to identify themselves as fans. VT fans in particular. Anyone that uses those signals belong in the clink for a night to think about their life.

Kale.
Rice cakes.
Styrofoam
Dirt
(all the same)

Dr Phil. Only saw his show once. It was once too much. His voice could be used to make enemies commit suicide.

Tap dancing.

Bull fighting. Even I think it is cruel and inhumane.

My bad. I am not apologizing. I just don't like that expression.

Duct tape on Syracuse uniforms. Actually duct tape on anything other than ducts and broken stuff.

People who cannot park within the lines of a parking space. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be allowed to drive any longer.

Tailgaters. Not the good people of the Fine Lot. The bad people behind me. When I am doing it, it is okay, because you are driving like an idiot.

how about self checkout lines where there's an employee standing there to help you "self checkout". maybe next time i'll just tell my barber to hand me the shears and stand back while i cut my own hair and pay him anyways. what a cost savings that must be !

The dab. Normally I'd like something that awful to die a slow horrible death but I just want it to go away as fast as possible.

Just curious - how or why does this bother you?
It has exactly zero impact on you or your life.

Stop making me feel bad about myself, that you're dedicated and I'm a lazy slug!!
:p
Not exactly sure - I'm a 4x a week treadmill guy. I'm pro walking jogging running and cheer on those doing it who clearly would benefit. Best I can think of - the 10 degree 6:00 A.M runner is probably a Type A and that is generally my least favorite type.

Now back to your regular programming.

Koch Industries ads all over the Dome this season.

Actually, maybe this shouldn't be a grievance. Thanks, Koch, you just covered my annual gift to SU for the rest of the decade!

Security guards who "find pleasure" right in front of me while I am trying to watch a sporting event.

I run a private security company. You'd be surprised how many phone calls I've gotten about security officers wacking it.

I run a private security company. You'd be surprised how many phone calls I've gotten about security officers wacking it.
Apparently not all that private.

Have you ever dealt with something as indiscreet as the incident at the San Diego Charger game?

Have you ever dealt with something as indiscreet as the incident at the San Diego Charger game?

In a public forum like that, no. But guys whacking it and getting caught. Too many times.

Spitting in public. I somehow encounter a lot of these undesirables on the way to the Dome.

Not exactly sure - I'm a 4x a week treadmill guy. I'm pro walking jogging running and cheer on those doing it who clearly would benefit. Best I can think of - the 10 degree 6:00 A.M runner is probably a Type A and that is generally my least favorite type.

Now back to your regular programming.

That's been me running outside at 5:45 am the last three months, but apparently my dog (the main reason for the early morning run) doesn't like 10 degree mornings much either. So we do a mile of jogging/walking and call it good. When I can get her to go that far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom